Leaving Feedback on Cigar Geeks

Started by Brlesq, 12/20/2020 01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

Just a friendly reminder to those both old and new here:  Cigar Geeks supports feedback on individual members so that other members can see their good deeds (or bad deeds) when deciding to do a transaction with a member.  It also is an easy way to leave recognition for someone's generosity. (if they were nice enough to send you a gift of cigars, the least you can do is take 2 minutes to leave them good feedback, right?) Just click on a member's profile and you will see a link to leave feedback.

Additional Guidance for Various Types of Feedback:
Bomber - Only leave feedback for the Bomber if you were the recipient of the bomb.
Gifter - The member who received a gift from another member can leave feedback for the gifter. (i.e. Pay it Forwards, Secret Santa, etc)

Geek Critique Sponsor - The members who participated in the Geek Critique can leave feedback about the Sponsor.
Geek Critique Reviewer - The member who sponsored the Geek Critique can leave feedback about the members who did the reviews.

Buyer - The member who sold items can leave feedback about the buyer.
Seller - The member who bought items can leave feedback about the seller.
Box Splitter - All Individuals involved in the split can leave feedback for each other.
Trader - If you were involved with a trade with someone you both can leave feedback for each other.

Contest Sponsor - The member who won the contest can leave feedback about the Sponsor of the contest.

Pass Member/Moderator - If you were a member of a pass, you can leave feedback about the moderator who started it. If you were the moderator, you can leave feedback about the members who participated.

Fortunately we have not had the need to leave negative or neutral feedback very often, but this can (and should) occur when someone doesn't satisfactorily fullfill their end of a trade or promised transaction, or if someone is late getting something turned around like a Geek Critique or a Cigar Pass.

Thanks to all that regularly leave feedback!  Hopefully this reminder gets us all back on track.   :-)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Otter

Awesome post for the new folks!

:bigthumbs:
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Brlesq

QuoteOtter - 12/20/2020  6:43 PM

Awesome post for the new folks!

:bigthumbs:

You inspired me earlier today, Jay!  :thumbsup:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Beegerply

After getting my a$$ jumped I now always leave feedback  :lmao:  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Kid Montana

Thanks for the reminder Bruce, I have been known to be delinquent providing feedback.    :shy:

I'd rather have a cigar...

Adwinistrator

I'll say this much...  It's tough to remember sometimes, but also it's not a competition.  Having some good feedback over a few years is enough to tell anyone you are trustworthy.  Same time, when someone forgets to leave feedback, it's easy to get cranky about "not getting points", even though it's just a number :P

Brlesq

QuoteAdwinistrator - 12/21/2020  9:40 AM

I'll say this much...  It's tough to remember sometimes, but also it's not a competition.  Having some good feedback over a few years is enough to tell anyone you are trustworthy.  Same time, when someone forgets to leave feedback, it's easy to get cranky about "not getting points", even though it's just a number :P

There are a lot of cigar bombs, secret santa gifts, Geek Critiques, etc. right now, so the purpose of my post was to remind everyone that its a nice courtesy to leave feedback.  We're all guilty of forgetting to do it sometimes.  

I can't imagine that anyone would gift cigars to people and pay postage just to get points! :?:  You can get the same amount of points by doing a quick cigar review or a couple of posts.  I think that people gift cigars out of pure generosity and camaraderie of this forum.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Adwinistrator

QuoteBrlesq - 12/21/2020  11:50 AMI can't imagine that anyone would gift cigars to people and pay postage just to get points!

Neither do I.  I was just trying to say that sometimes we all take internet points a bit too seriously.

tuck0411

QuoteAdwinistrator - 12/21/2020  6:40 AM

Points aren't the issue for me, as I get plenty of those via reviews and DB submissions.  Part of the incentive to participate in the marketplace is to build one's feedback rating, but it seems more often than not, sellers don't leave it for their buyers, or at least that's been my experience.  Very frustrating when you know your feedback rating would be nearly twice what it is if folks would just take a few seconds to do it.  Hopefully that will improve going forward... :cigarguy:
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

nwb

QuoteKid Montana - 12/21/2020  9:36 AM
Thanks for the reminder Bruce, I have been known to be delinquent providing feedback.    :shy:

Same here. :shamebag:
Chief of Shaft

Vroomp

I have so many transaction with others here I too fail to properly submit feedback everytime. Guess I'll go back through and catch up on recent sales.

Personally, I don't really pay much attention to points with the exception of a couple post whores with too many post points!!! :LMAO:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Kid Montana

QuoteAdwinistrator - 12/21/2020  9:29 AM

QuoteBrlesq - 12/21/2020  11:50 AMI can't imagine that anyone would gift cigars to people and pay postage just to get points!

Neither do I.  I was just trying to say that sometimes we all take internet points a bit too seriously.

!@#%$ you, gimme my points damnit.   :uzi:  ;-)

I'd rather have a cigar...

Adwinistrator

QuoteKid Montana - 12/22/2020  8:31 AM

!@#%$ you, gimme my points damnit.   :uzi:  ;-)

:lmao:

The Burn Ward

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.