New to this site

Started by coffeediver, 01/14/2021 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffeediver

Hello everyone,

My name is Barry.  I am new to the world of cigars but have enjoyed them from time to time especially when going fishing or diving in the Caribbean.  While fishing by brother always brought Swisher Sweets and when in the Caribbean I would buy cigars that said they were Cuban but were not stored in a humidor.

Over the last few months I have met a few people that enjoy cigars and then I found a cigar lounge about an hour from me.  Ok, so I live in the boonies.  I try to get the the lounge at least once a week and enjoy a cigar.

I have also started my own humidor set up and now have 40 in my humble collection.  Once the wife goes off to AZ in a week or so, I will be able to smoke some of these on the back deck when I get off work.  I won't smoke in the house.

My humidor is a Pelican case that is about 18x14x7 using Boveda packs and temp controlled using a standup freezer that plugged into a temp controller that I had set up for beer fermenting.  There is a heater in the freezer that comes on if it gets too cold and in the summer the freezer will kick on if it gets too warm.  The cigars are in an airtight container so the freezer and heater will not affect the humidity.  It works for me and already had all of this so just repurposing.

Barry

Brlesq

Welcome to Cigar Geeks, Barry!  I'm sure you will be able to learn a lot about your new hobby here.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

appollo

Welcome to the site Barry,great and knowledgeable bunch of geeks here.

Mautrak

Welcome to the site Barry.

benchjockey

From one Barry to another, welcome aboard.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Beegerply

Welcome Barry enjoy the site  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Vroomp

:welcome: to the site Barry~!  I was diving in Puerto Rico in October and I'll be back there in June, where do you dive?

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

rstrawsb

Ron Strawsburg

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

coffeediver

I have not been able to go diving since January of 2016.  Back surgery #6 I think will keep me from going again, but I used to Bonaire all the time.  Became a PADI instructor.

Barry

Otter

Welcome to the group!
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Degni

When was the last time when you properly slept? If this thing is a problem for you, then you need to do something with it and I'm here to help you with that. To help you dealing with insomnia I recommend you to try Blessed CBD products. It's a very efficient medicine that will help you to relax and finally fall asleep like a child.

05Venturer

QuoteDegni - 1/18/2021  12:00 PM

When was the last time when you properly slept? If this thing is a problem for you, then you need to do something with it and I'm here to help you with that. To help you dealing with insomnia I recommend you to try Blessed CBD products. It's a very efficient medicine that will help you to relax and finally fall asleep like a child.

I recommend you go F yourself and quit spamming our site douchebag :puncher:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

Quote05Venturer - 1/18/2021  1:11 PM

QuoteDegni - 1/18/2021  12:00 PM

I recommend you go F yourself and quit spamming our site douchebag :puncher:

You're cranky, Kent!  Sounds like you could use a little extra sleep.  Now if we could only find a product that could assist you . . .  :?:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.