Fancy Pants Pass

Started by nickthafish, 03/25/2021 10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickthafish

Thinking about starting a high end pass if there is interest. Maybe $15 and up retail per stick? May also throw in some 2oz whiskey/rum samples to trade out and/or maybe a couple bags of local coffee to swap out? Box will weigh a bit more but should be worth it! Let me know what you guys think? You can trade out one or all 3 different items if we do all 3. Id be good with anywhere from 6 to 12 well established participants. 

ninfiction

I'd be down, I love cigars and whiskey.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

rstrawsb

Sounds like an adventure. I'm in if you'll have me.
Ron Strawsburg

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

nickthafish

Sweet! I'm happy to have you both.

rstrawsb

I favor scotch but have some bourbons here as well. Gives me a good excuse to replenish my supply.
Ron Strawsburg

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

rstrawsb

How do you see this working for the whiskey?  I think plastic bottles would be best for shipping due to weight  of glass and possibly of breakage. Let me know if I can help with getting it figured out. Maybe start with an empty bottle for each participant. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083SFRCSD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_WN5D515109XFKA57BF75?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 when the box shows up you do the puts and takes as usual with the cigars and fill an empty bottles with one or more whiskeys. using the bottles and funnel in the pass box. Then ship it out as usual after slipping the filled bottles in a ziplock bag in case they leak. Let me know and I'll donate the bottles. I think good sealing bottles are the essential. Sounds like fun already.
Ron Strawsburg

rstrawsb

Video of the whiskey portion of the exchange is in the pictures https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083SFRCSD?ref=dp_ib_7_ivx_share  All this talk has made me thirsty time for nip before bed.
Ron Strawsburg

nickthafish

Thanks Ron, I have glass ones, but using and including plastic ones sounds like a good idea. Scotch, Bourbon, Rum, or Cognac all are good to me. I have a pretty good order of rum, scotch and cognac that should be arriving this week and early next. I can start it with a dozen cigars, 5 or 6 booze samples and a bag or 2 of coffee if there is interest in all 3.

rstrawsb

Sounds like you have it figured out. The standard miniature bottle is 50 ML or 1.7 oz. The larger size  is 200ML or 3.4 oz. Which one do you want to use? How many do we need? 12 or 24 are standard packaging. I'll have them shipped to your address this week. I really like this pass idea. Thanks for putting it together, hopefully there are more geeks interested.
Ron Strawsburg

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.