October 2021 Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by Brlesq, 09/03/2021 04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by klamm143 (Kevin).

The Cigar: Henry Clay War Hawk Rebellious LE

The Specs:
Wrapper: Nicaragua (Habano)
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Strength: Medium-Full
Size: 6" x 54

Due Date: Sunday, September 26, 2021

The Hype:
The Henry Clay War Hawk Rebellious seeks to turn the attention back towards its namesake, honoring the fighting spirit that the former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives became known. (Henry Clay was a staunch U.S. nationalist that became a leading voice among a faction of Congress known as "War Hawks," signifying their desire for war with the United Kingdom (War of 1812) as an ultimate resolution of conflict.) This cigar is aptly named, as it is a bit rebellious in going against its own tradition by not using a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper – as do most other Henry Clay brands. The Rebellious LE is the second release in the Warhawk series and is expertly rolled at AJ's prestigious Tabacalera Fernandez factory in Nicaragua with a rare vintage 12-year old Nicaraguan Habano wrapper paired with the finest aged Nicaraguan binder and long filler tobaccos. Limited release of a single size in 1,200 boxes.

Kevin has enlisted the following reviewers:

1. johncw
2. StogieDad
3. BewareDaPenguin
4. ninfiction
5. nirab

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to klamm143 for providing the cigar. And thank you to the reviewers.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

BewareDaPenguin

Super excited to smoke this! Thanks so much for the opportunity :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

klamm143

O.K. fellow GEEKS.  Per the USPS in Raleigh, NC all of the "anticipated boxes of cigars" will arrive to each participant on Friday 09-10-2021 except the box going to BewareDa (Happy Feet) Penguin. Adam must have been a bad boy or either the Pony Express runs a bit slow up in Illinois. His box is due to be delivered on Saturday 09-11-2021. Keep a eye out for the deliveries and hopefully nothing bad happens to Adam's box - 9/11 delivery????

Tracking numbers to follow.

Enjoy the smokes and thank you all for doing this on the quick turnaround. THANK YOU BRUCE for helping facilitate the Monthly Critiques.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

klamm143

Tracking Numbers - from USPS in Raleigh, NC - 27615.

Buda, Texas   nirab - Brian       9505 5122 8714 1250 5222 51

Minneapolis (Fridley), Minn   ninfiction - Brian #2!!!      9505 5122 8714 1250 5222 44

Woodstock, Ga   StogieDad - Michael   9505 5122 8714 1250 5222 20   (Special thanks to StogiePaPa - squeezing it in amid a vacation plan - Have a great and safe vacation Brother)

Woodhull, Il   BewareDaPenguin Happy Feet - Adam   9505 5122 8714 1250 5222 37  Last in line for the joy box to arrive!!!!

Slingerlands, NY   Brlesq Burlesque Show - Bruce (cause you just can't ever leave out THE BRUCE-STER    9505 5122 8714  1250  5222 13

St. Louis, Mo   johncw  John - GO CARDINALS - beat those Cubbies  9505 5122 8714 1250 5222 06 AND 9505 5122 8714 1250 5222 90   Little Johnnie has been such a good boy that he gets 2 boxes!!!  He knows why!
Thank You John for the reminder and Congrats on your FFL 2020 Victory - ENJOY.

Everyone, please let me know when they arrive. You guys are the best!

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Brlesq

Thanks for pulling this off, Kevin.

OK all, just a reminder that the due date is end of day Sunday, Sept 26 (I made it an extra day to give you the entire last weekend) Tight timeframe, but I know that you guys can do it!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

BewareDaPenguin

Quoteklamm143 - 9/7/2021  8:54 PM

O.K. fellow GEEKS.  Per the USPS in Raleigh, NC all of the "anticipated boxes of cigars" will arrive to each participant on Friday 09-10-2021 except the box going to BewareDa (Happy Feet) Penguin. Adam must have been a bad boy or either the Pony Express runs a bit slow up in Illinois. His box is due to be delivered on Saturday 09-11-2021. Keep a eye out for the deliveries and hopefully nothing bad happens to Adam's box - 9/11 delivery????

Tracking numbers to follow.

Enjoy the smokes and thank you all for doing this on the quick turnaround. THANK YOU BRUCE for helping facilitate the Monthly Critiques.

LMAO...Yeah I live in the sticks lol :biggrin: takes the pony express an extra day usually to get it out to my neck of the woods partner  :-) ,  but I'm sure it'll be all good. Thanks again for the opportunity to get in on this, really looking forward to smoking this! Will let you know when Paul Revere drops it off :smoker:

nirab

Looking forward to reviewing this stick! Thanks for including me Kevin!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

johncw

Thanks Kevin, Looking forward to reviewing this cigar... It's been a long time since I've done a review.

johncw

Thank Kevin, the Cigars arrived today and thank you for the hitchhikers I really like those flavor bombs. Additionally thanks for last years winnings!!!

John

Brlesq

Received today.  Thank you Kevin, it was unnecessary but very much appreciated!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

klamm143

You guys are VERY WELCOME....enjoy - I look forward to seeing the reviews on this one. I have my comments ready to post on this stick - as I've smoked several of them. I'll will wait to post my comments until after the review.
Kevin R. Lamm

ninfiction

Package arrived today. Thanks for the hitchhikers and the note!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

BewareDaPenguin

The box showed up :biggrin: thanks for the hitchhikers! Stick looks good will be an interesting review! Thanks again :smoker:

klamm143

ADAM.....so glad the Pony Express got to you and delivered the items without damage. I was afraid the sticks might get crushed in the saddle bags or better yet - smell like horse sweat.-----Let's hope the stick does not taste like horse poop when smoked...LMAO.
Kevin R. Lamm

nirab

Got the review stick, along with a couple of friends...thanks brother!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

BewareDaPenguin

Quoteklamm143 - 9/11/2021  9:27 PM

ADAM.....so glad the Pony Express got to you and delivered the items without damage. I was afraid the sticks might get crushed in the saddle bags or better yet - smell like horse sweat.-----Let's hope the stick does not taste like horse poop when smoked...LMAO.

Lmao  :lmao: yeah I heard the stampede coming so I ran outside to help tie up the colts :smoker: to my surprise the box had not a dent, and the sticks inside were fresh :biggrin: they are not safely in my humidor awaiting the moment of burn down :smoker: thanks again bro, again interesting smoke I'm anxious to get into

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

klamm143

OK - that's everybody - looks like the USPS did their job without error - KUDOS TO THE USPS, or Pony Express in Adam's case....... ENJOY them .... and the companions. I'll be interested to see if you folks have the same opinions and flavor profiles about this stick as I do.
STAY SAFE Brothers and Sisters.
Kevin R. Lamm

Brlesq

One week left, fellas. Stogiedad has his review in  :thumbsup:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

BewareDaPenguin

klamm143

Enjoy fellas - and thanks again - with a very BIG THANK YOU to Michael (StogieDad) for getting his in on short notice and short turnaround before leaving on vacation. I think he will deserve "double feedback" when this one is over!!!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

nirab

got my review in, looking forward to reading the results!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

ninfiction

Review is complete. thanks again Kevin for including me!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

klamm143

Saturday and Sunday left to smoke the stick and write all about it.......STAY SAFE!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

johncw

Thank you Kevin for the opportunity. It had been about 4 years since I had completed one before.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.