March 2022 Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by Brlesq, 12/14/2021 10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by tuck0411 (Todd).

The Cigar: Blackbird Cigar Co. The Rio Gran Toro

The Specs:
Wrapper: Brazil
Binder: Brazil
Filler: Dominican Republic & Nicaraguan
Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Strength: Medium to Full
Size: 6" x 54

Shipping: US addresses only

Due Date: February 25, 2022

The Hype:
This cigar is an exclusive to Privada Cigar Club. The folks at Black Bird Cigar Co. had an aged cigar at their factory that they had been smoking for personal consumption because they couldn't sell the blend with their branding on it due to FDA regulations. They reached out to Privada, who fell in love with the blend. It has a rare combination of Brazilian wrapper and Brazilian binder. Dominican and Nicaraguan fillers. Aged 2.5 years in the Dominican republic. They named it The Rio. The color, the Christ the Redeemer statue, and the font. DOPE. Collectible. Rare. Exclusive. Aged. Sounds perfect for Privada!

The Reviewers:
Four reviewers have been drafted, and there is room for one more volunteer. Volunteers should be Veteran status or higher. This review will be due by February 25, so please take into account your schedule and only volunteer if you are prepared to turn it in on time. If you are interested, please indicate so in the forum below and Todd will make the final selection.

1.  ninfiction
2.  junglepete
3.  druid
4.  Brlesq
5.  nirab

Note[/i]: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to tuck0411 for providing the cigar. And thank you to the reviewers.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nirab

I have an interest in this one. Please put my name in the hat.  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

tuck0411

You're in, Brian.  Thanks in advance for doing it!
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

McBryde

I wouldn't mind having my name thrown in the hat also!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Murphy223

Brlesq

Sorry McBryde and Murphy223, there was only one volunteer spot open, and Todd had already selected Mr. beeautiful Buda above as the pageant winner.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Murphy223

QuoteBrlesq - 12/15/2021  10:12 AM  Sorry McBryde and Murphy223, there was only one volunteer spot open, and Todd had already selected Mr. beeautiful Buda above as the pageant winner.

Always a Bridesmaid, never a bride  :-) 

tuck0411

Sorry, guys, if I remember, I'll send invites to you both next time.   :smoker2:
Todd

tuck0411

All boxes are now in the mail.  Tracking has been sent via PM.   :smoker2:
Todd

Brlesq

Received mine today.  That was quick from coast to coast!

Thanks for the generous hitch-hikers, Todd!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

ninfiction

Also received mine today. Very generous indeed!

Thanks Todd
This is not the admin you're looking for...

junglepete

Package arrived this morning with a handful of generous traveling mates. Thanks Todd, looking forward to smoking them all up.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

tuck0411

According to the tracking, all boxes have been delivered as of today.  Enjoy the sticks, guys, and I'll look forward to the reviews!   :smoker2:
Todd

Brlesq

Friendly reminder:  Three (3) weeks left to get this one reviewed. I know that most of you have wintry weather to contend with (as do I), so plan accordingly if you get some time.  Enjoy!  :smoker:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

junglepete

It's on the radar for this weekend.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Brlesq

Friendly reminder: Seven (7) days left to smoke and critique this one.  Thanks!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

nirab

I will get mine in this weekend...thanks for the reminder!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ninfiction

Smoked and reviewed. Thank you Todd for including me
This is not the admin you're looking for...

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

Brlesq

Critiques are posted. Thanks to all the reviewers, and thanks again to tuck0411 for providing the cigar.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

tuck0411

Thanks to all the reviewers and I've left feedback.  Have to admit I have not smoked the stick in question, at least in this particular vitola, but I really enjoyed the robusto, so was hopeful the toro would be a good pick.  Glad to see it was for most of you, sort of...     :biggrin:  I have one of these waiting for it's turn in the queue, so looking forward to seeing if it matches my experience with the robusto.   :smoker2:
Todd

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.