April 2022 Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by Brlesq, 01/29/2022 12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by nirab (Brian).

The Cigar: Joya de Nicaragua Numero Uno L'ambassadeur

The Specs:
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Strength: Mild-Medium
Size: 6.625" x 44

Shipping: US addresses only

Due Date: March 25, 2022

The Hype:
NĂºmero Uno was originally blended for World Leaders and handed out by Nicaraguan ambassadors on official missions around the world. In 2018, Joya de Nicaragua gifted some of these cigars to media and special audiences and got their highest rating in 50 years. Joya de Nicaragua is now officially releasing it as part of Obras Maestras, the designation of their ultra-premium family of cigars.

The Reviewers:
Open to everyone, but volunteers already doing the March review should give others a chance before volunteering. This review will be due by March 25, so please take into account your schedule and only volunteer if you are prepared to turn it in on time. If you are interested, please indicate so in the forum below and Brian will make the final selection.

1.  ntanner
2.  klamm143
3.  shukpaw
4.  tuck0411
5.  McBryde

Note[/i]: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to nirab for providing the cigar. And thank you to the reviewers.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

klamm143

Brian, I'll jump on board if you have an open slot.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Shukpaw

I haven't done a Geek Critique in a few years, and life is settling back down into a close to normal routine, so I would be up for one.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

tuck0411

I'm always a sucker for a good conny, so count me in if needed.   :smoker2:
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

Brlesq

:bump:  Bumping this one up to see if there are any more volunteers so that Brian can get this started,  Thanks!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

McBryde

I'd love to do this one if there is an open spot.

Emerson
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

HolySmokes

Hey there! Count me in if I'm not too late! Thanks!

nirab

OK, I am gonna pull random numbers from a hat, with the numbers designated by when a geek offered to participate. I will post the list up here shortly.
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nirab

OK, random selection done. Here is the list of reviewers:

ntanner
klamm143
shukpaw
tuck0411
McBryde

I will get these out asap. Looking forward to these reviews!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

McBryde

Thanks Brian, I am looking forward to this one for sure!

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Shukpaw

Awesome. I am looking forward to trying this one.

klamm143

THANKS Brian - looking forward to it....
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

tuck0411

Thanks, looking forward to it.   :smoker2:
Todd

ntanner

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nirab

Reviewers, please pm me your mailing addresses. I will get these out sometime next week. Thank you!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Adwinistrator

Great cigar to pick Brian!  This is one I recommend a lot at the lounge

nirab

got three responses so far. please pm mailing address if you haven't done so yet. also, please post up on here when you do. thanks!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

klamm143

PM Sent....................Thanks Brian
Kevin R. Lamm

Shukpaw

tuck0411

Todd

McBryde

ntanner

nirab

Cigars shipping out tomorrow. Tracking will be posted here. :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.