Hit Again!

Started by metalhead y cigarguy, 06/29/2010 02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalhead y cigarguy

The wife sent me a text today saying that she thought I had received another bomb.  Of course I came home to see, and to my surprise... BOOM!  

Dang, I feel like Japan during World War II.  I've been bombed twice in less than a week!  Unlike Japan this was a welcome bombing, and I'm very appreciative for it.  Thanks to Jackal for the nice cigars.  These smokes look mighty good.  Makes me feel glad I bought that second humidor, because I need the space.  Thanks again Jason. You Rock! :rocker:

I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

kylepwhalen

Rebecca Silverwolf

Jackal told me he was sending this one out. Quite the explosions you've had lately.  :shades:
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Shukpaw

:shades: Wow.  Looks better than the bills I got today.

Although, in all fairness, I haven't tried smoking the bills. :blech:
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Brlesq

Very generous, Jason!  

Bryan - The Edge is a "knock-you-on-your a$$" cigar.  Make you sure you are sitting down for that one! :crazy:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

DennisA

Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.

nwb

Chief of Shaft

Beegerply

Nice job Jason  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Hot Stuff x

QuoteBeegerply - 6/28/2010 10:28 PM Nice job Jason :biggrin:

:word:  :thumbsup:

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

BlackIrish

Looks like Jason and I are on the same wavelength . . .  :shades:
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

akira

Nice one Jason!
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Dave S.

"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

Jackal

May you find them much more enjoyable than those machine rolled or bundled sticks that you have been rating lately  :biggrin:

:smoker:

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteJackal - 6/29/2010  6:40 PM

May you find them much more enjoyable than those machine rolled or bundled sticks that you have been rating lately  :biggrin:

:smoker:

I'm sure I will.  

Up until a few months ago that's all I pretty much ever smoked, but I figured if I'm going to smoke cigars I might as well get good ones and really enjoy them.  I'm still on the look out for a budget smoke that tastes good and is made well.  Any recommendations would be helpful.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Jackal

See if you like the Gurkha.  If so, keep an eye on the cigars international website.  They often run specials on them.  In fact all of the ones that I sent you can be often found on specials at CI, holts or on the cigarmonster.  In fact the Edge Lite is currently on Joe's Jambalaya as I type this.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/spec_jc.asp?globalt=1

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Hot Stuff x

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 6/29/2010 4:13 PM
QuoteJackal - 6/29/2010 6:40 PM May you find them much more enjoyable than those machine rolled or bundled sticks that you have been rating lately :biggrin: :smoker:
I'm sure I will. Up until a few months ago that's all I pretty much ever smoked, but I figured if I'm going to smoke cigars I might as well get good ones and really enjoy them. I'm still on the look out for a budget smoke that tastes good and is made well. Any recommendations would be helpful.

At the risk of leading you down the dark path (forever will it dominate your destiny), you can pick up some pretty good deals on good cigars at some of the cigar auction sites.   Cigar Bid (a.k.a. the Devil's site) seems to be popular. 

Also check the hot deals forum here on Cigar Geeks for good deals, and if it's a cigar you don't know about, read the reviews here to see how other geeks feel about the cigar(s).

I try to keep my buys in the $2-3 per stick range for everyday cigars, and mostly have been successful buy never paying full price, and keeping an eye out for deals.

An example, I recently got two of these 12-cigar samplers on cigarbid for $28 each ($2.33 a stick):

I believe the cigars in this sampler are all A.J. Fernandez blends...

The 12 Angry Men Sampler includes:

1 - 5 Vegas Triple-A (5" x 56)
1 - Diesel Unholy Cocktail (5" x 54)
1 - Graycliff Turbo (6" x 60)
1 - Gurkha's Park Ave. Series 44 Torpedo (6.25" x 52)
1 - La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Robusto (5.5" x 54)
1 - La Herencia Cubana Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - Man O' War Robusto (5.5" x 50)
1 - Man O' War Ruination Belicoso (5.75" x 56)
1 - Man O' War Virtue Toro (6" x 50)
1 - Nica Libre Exclusivo (5.5" x 50)
1 - Padilla Achilles Robusto (5" x 54)
1 - Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Robusto (5" x 50)

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

nwb

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 6/30/2010  2:13 AM

Up until a few months ago that's all I pretty much ever smoked, but I figured if I'm going to smoke cigars I might as well get good ones and really enjoy them.  I'm still on the look out for a budget smoke that tastes good and is made well.  Any recommendations would be helpful.

There are a lot of good cigars out there for around $3 per - check out the daily deals section everyday.  Some good cheapies:

5 Vegas
Benchmade
CI Anniversary
G.A.R.
Gran Habano Corojo #5
Gurkha Park Avenue
Nica Libre
Onyx
Padilla Cazadores
Pinar del Rio
Rocky Patel Edge
Tatuaje Series P
Chief of Shaft

metalhead y cigarguy

Thanks for the info guys.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.