Duque Cigars Reviews.

Started by capndutch, 07/11/2010 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capndutch

Anybody had any experience doing business with Duque Cigars. They do have some good prices.  I have never purchased anything from them and would like to get some feed back on them before pulling the trigger.

Cigary

I have not ordered from their site but I have had their cigars that I won off CBID...the Churchill, Toro and the Cognac infused.  While these aren't a premium cigar they do have a decent taste to them as long as you know they go for pretty cheap on the auction sites.   There is a reason they are so cheap...at best they are a $3 smoke at the most so going in with that knowledge you shouldn't be disappointed.  

As with their pricing on the other cigars they aren't the worst but certainly they are not a lead contender as well.  Depending on what cigars you like check out other sources by using key words when you Google....best pricing on such and such cigars and that usually brings up some pretty decent pricing.

capndutch

Thanks for the info.  The reason I'm looking at them is I'm running low on Don Kiki Red Label and they are actually cheaper than Cuban Crafters (even with my 20% discount) on most sizes.

So, looking for feed back on customer service, reliability and condition of the cigars.

Thanks,

ROTHNH

Duque brand cigars are not made or affiliated with the cigar store/internet merchant of the same name.

Thomas Hunter opened Duque Cigars, a cigar shop in Melbourne Beach, Florida a few years ago.

While I haven't actually purchased from Duque, I've friends who rave about the experiences buying cigars on line from them.  They also offer a small discount on all purchases to active and retired military, police, and firefighters.

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

nwb

Quotecapndutch - 7/11/2010  7:07 PM

Anybody had any experience doing business with Duque Cigars. They do have some good prices.  I have never purchased anything from them and would like to get some feed back on them before pulling the trigger.

I've come across their site before, but I've yet to purchase from them.  Let us know how it goes if you decide to pull the trigger.
Chief of Shaft

capndutch

The Don Cuban site seems to be a Cuban Crafter distributor.  Good prices but it makes me a bit nervous, the contact phone number is a cell phone.  

Anybody use these people before?

Hot Stuff x

QuoteROTHNH - 7/11/2010 11:26 AM Duque brand cigars are not made or affiliated with the cigar store/internet merchant of the same name. .

I believe the Duque cigar is distributed by J.C. Newman Cigar Company...not sure if that label is also made by them...

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

MT21

I've purchased from Duque a few times.  Their prices are good and I've never had any problems.  Pull the trigger on your purchase.

Smoke On!   :smoker:
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

capndutch

MT21

You're very welcome.  I'm considering the Don Kiki Reds although I've never had one.  Since you're ordering more, that tells me it's a cigar worth smoking.

Have you done a review on it?
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

capndutch

Yes I have done a couple of reviews on the Don Kiki Reds.  A really solid cigar. There appear to be a few other fans on Geeks and they are scoring in the 3.5 to 4 star range.   I had a bunch of them that I had aged for over 2 years and they were fabulous.  Newer ones are still good and since I've recently quit ciggs (about 7 months ago) and am smoking cigars exclusively my consumption has gone up considerably.  

The plan is to up my storage so that I can always keep these on hand with hopefully a minimum of 90 days worth of box time on them.

MT21

Thanks.  I've gotten the JL Salazar y Hermanos cigar from Duque which has become one of my favorites.  They put a 5 cigar robusto sampler together for me when they didn't have what I wanted.  I'll keep buying from them and I'm sure that Don Kiki Reds will be coming this way in the future.   :thumbsup:

Gurkha free zone.

capndutch

The Salazar is a decent cigar, I just don't think its worth the $6.00 price tag, but I do enjoy the ones I get in the Samplers from Cuban Crafters.  They currently have their 12 cigar sampler for $25.00, $20 if you are a member of their cigar club.

This Special Cigar Sampler Pack has: 1 DON KIKI Red Label Limited Reserve; 1 DON KIKI Green Label Limited Reserve; 1 DON KIKI White Label Harvest OF 2001; 1 MEDINA 1959 Miami Edition; 1 CUBANO CLARO; 1 J.L. SALAZAR Y HERMANOS Maduro Series; 1 CUBAN CRAFTERS Cameroon; 1 DON KIKI Brown Label; 1 J.L. SALAZAR Y HERMANOS Reserva Especial; 1 LA CAROLINA ; 1 BECK Gran Cameroon Primera Edicion; 1 CUBAN CRAFTERS Cabinet Selection.

A good deal, and all the smokes are enjoyable with the exception of the Green Label which is pretty blah.  Just make sure that you give them all a little box time before smoking.

MT21

I'd like to try the Medina but they're too $$$ for me to spring on a box.

Gurkha free zone.

capndutch

Sounds like the Sampler has your name all over it.  You get a Medina, 2 Salazars, a Red and White label and 7 other smokes for $25.

MT21

Keep twisting my arm and I'll have to give in.   :biggrin:

Gurkha free zone.

nwb

Crap - I'll have to add them to my list of vendors to keep an eye on.  You guys are killing me.  :mad:

:biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

MT21

I'm liking what I've had from the Cuban Crafters line and Duque sells their product at a better $$$.   :bright:

Gurkha free zone.

capndutch

Still have not pulled the trigger on my Duque purchases, I decided to do a little more research and came across some highly negative reviews on Cigar Inspector.  http://www.cigarinspector.com/news-of-the-week/duque-cigars-update

Again, I have not had any relationship with Duque, but reviews like this will make me think twice about ordering from them just to save a few $.

ROTHNH

Quotecapndutch - 7/22/2010  4:06 PM

Still have not pulled the trigger on my Duque purchases, I decided to do a little more research and came across some highly negative reviews on Cigar Inspector.  http://www.cigarinspector.com/news-of-the-week/duque-cigars-update

Again, I have not had any relationship with Duque, but reviews like this will make me think twice about ordering from them just to save a few $.

Again, as I've said here, I have friends with good experiences, which I trust more than 3-4 nameless folks who posted on a cigar review site almost a year ago.  Just saying.

If you're really concerned, try a small olrder, such as that sampler.

McLovin77

Glad to see people have had good experiences with them. Last time I was on their site, they were selling boxes of 5 Vegas Serie A's for something like $59. But I have been waiting to hear from people how have purchased from them before.

ljlemer

QuoteMcLovin77 - 7/26/2010  5:38 PM

Glad to see people have had good experiences with them. Last time I was on their site, they were selling boxes of 5 Vegas Serie A's for something like $59. But I have been waiting to hear from people how have purchased from them before.

I think Duque/El Duque cigars taste absolutely awful. Heavy, cheap and boring.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

capndutch

QuoteMcLovin77 - 7/26/2010  5:38 PM

I think Duque/El Duque cigars taste absolutely awful. Heavy, cheap and boring.

The Cigar Retailer Duque Cigars does'nt have anything to do with the cigar line as far as I know.

McLovin77

I was referring to the duque.com online cigar store. They do sell Duque cigars, but also most other brands.  They make no mention of the Duque cigar as being a house brand on the site, so I'm not sure if there is any connection or not.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.