Torano Fortress

Started by Jackal, 07/29/2010 05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackal

I have seen these twice on the Jambalaya.  I want so badly to PTT, but one: I am full up on storage and two: the concept of buying 10 cigars that are an unknown quantity doesn't thrill me.  I  am a big fan of Casa Torano, and hope these are a s great.

Has anyone tried these?  Does anyone have any of these that they would like to trade?

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

dwig

Jackel, I'm in the same boat.
Interested, but not enough to PTT on an unknown
I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say:  Hey look.  That one is shaped like an idiot!"

ROTHNH

I've finished smoking a handful of the middle size (5.5X56), which were passsed/promoted at CigarFest but was suprised to see that none of them were in the CG Database.

I submitted all 3 vitolas yesterday and just checked -- they're still waiting for moderator review/approval.

I'll post the review shortly after they are posted to the DB.

They are surprisingly good and definitely improved once rested -- I'd estimate they need at least 3-6 months.

lowpro75

I thought you were building a fortress out of Torano cigars, that would be cool.  Torano are never on my must try list but I do enjoy them from time to time.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

cmmayo

Quotelowpro75 - 7/29/2010  5:52 PM

Torano are never on my must try list but I do enjoy them from time to time.

Same here.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

nwb

They sound like they may be a similar blend to the Virtuoso, in which case I really would like to try them.  Like Jason said, I'm nervous about pulling the trigger on 10, though.
Chief of Shaft

Cigary

I've been on a CT train lately and have been eyeballing this cigar...it's a pretty thick cigar with a big enough RG to it that I'm not sure that I need to develop TMJ over this thing but I don't want to miss out on another good CT cigar.  Decisions, decisions.

southernpacifico

cigar.com has them 16.95 for 5
hoe does that compare to the jam price?

Yeah, I'm BACK :biggrin:
Things I believe:
Life is too short not to pull the trigger!
The best cigar, I haven't smoked yet.
Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another Scotch (Beer, Rum, Bourbon..) and Cigar!! The choices are endless......
SMOKE ON BOTLs

Jackal

I think that they were $24.95 for 10

consti

I think it's normally up at 10 for $34.99. The cheapest I've seen them is $32.50.
-Justin

NES Tek

QuoteJackal - 7/29/2010  10:15 PM

I think that they were $24.95 for 10

Not a terrible price. But 10 uinknowns is a big buy. Especially with limited humi room.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Brlesq

Funny, Carlos and Charlie do not list these on their website as one of their cigars, and its not an exclusive to CI as Cigar.com also carries them (and their $16.95/5 deal is the best price yet.)  :confused:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

lowpro75

QuoteBrlesq - 7/30/2010  8:31 AM

Funny, Carlos and Charlie do not list these on their website as one of their cigars, and its not an exclusive to CI as Cigar.com also carries them (and their $16.95/5 deal is the best price yet.)  :confused:

CI=Cigar.com
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Brlesq

Quotelowpro75 - 7/30/2010  8:36 AM

CI=Cigar.com

Hmmm... their reps claim that they are not the same and only share an environmentally controlled warehouse for obvious economic reasons.   :?:

I guess they could share exclusives as well (or just sneak across the warehouse in the dark of night and steal them!)  ;-)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

lowpro75

QuoteBrlesq - 7/30/2010  9:05 AM

Quotelowpro75 - 7/30/2010  8:36 AM

CI=Cigar.com

Hmmm... their reps claim that they are not the same and only share an environmentally controlled warehouse for obvious economic reasons.   :?:

I guess they could share exclusives as well (or just sneak across the warehouse in the dark of night and steal them!)  ;-)

I'm sure the business structure is set up so that they are 2 entirely separate companies, but they have all the same products.  I'm not buying that they don't coordinate business activities.  The only difference I seee is Cigar.com is just a bit more expensive, I figure they get a few more uneducated consumers because of their domain name.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

nwb

QuoteBrlesq - 7/30/2010  9:05 AM

This was recently discussed.  They are both owned by Swedish Match, but they operate as two seperate entities.

They probably steal from one another, though  :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

ROTHNH

QuoteCigary - 7/29/2010  10:24 PM

I've been on a CT train lately and have been eyeballing this cigar...it's a pretty thick cigar with a big enough RG to it that I'm not sure that I need to develop TMJ over this thing but I don't want to miss out on another good CT cigar.  Decisions, decisions.

If by "CT" you mean Connecticut Shade, the Fortress is not even close.  The wrapper is a Nic - grown Habano Rosado and there's no Connecticut tobacco in them.

Like I said, I requested the Fortress cigars (3 sizes) be added to the CG data base, but so far they remain a no-show.  I will submit a review once they show up.

Jackal

I believe that by CT her meant Carlos Torano

junglepete

QuoteROTHNH - 7/30/2010  11:02 PM

QuoteCigary - 7/29/2010  10:24 PM

If by "CT" you mean Connecticut Shade, the Fortress is not even close.  The wrapper is a Nic - grown Habano Rosado and there's no Connecticut tobacco in them.

Like I said, I requested the Fortress cigars (3 sizes) be added to the CG data base, but so far they remain a no-show.  I will submit a review once they show up.

They are now in the database.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Jackal

whodeeni

I have friends that said they were pretty good!
and they were at the CI annual herf as well!
If smoking cigars is on the Darkside, I don't ever
want to see the light!!!

ROTHNH

Thanks, Pete.

I just posted my review.

The short and skinny is that, IMO, these are quite good, but I wouldn't pay more than $3.00 a stick for them.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.