Discount or what?

Started by FNA, 02/16/2008 12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FNA

I was over to the JR website.  looking at the JR Luxury Cigar Club. Seems a little weird to me.

You pay $25 to join the club, and then you get a 10% "discount" on the "Luxury" cigars they offer.   The fee is automatically added to the initial order of any Luxury cigar.

So it seems to me that you have to join the club in order to buy the Luxury cigars.  Am I correct?  If so what kind of a discount is it?

If the only people who can buy these cigars must be members who get 10% off, then all of the Luxury cigars sold get purchased for 10% under the alleged "retail price".  So a person buys a $25 membership in order to buy cigars at the same price as anybody else who is permitted to  buy them.

I guess I don't really mind that they have a fee to get special offerings (not much!). But don't claim to offer a discount for that fee, if that fee simply allows one to  pay the same rate as everybody else.

Again, am I reading this right?

Duker511

I guess they figure that as a member you will buy enough luxury cigars at 10% discount that it makes up for the one time $25 membership fee. Although anyone can buy them at regular price, you have to be a member to also receive "special E-mail offers. It might be a good deal if they have things you cant find locally.
Tim

FNA

From the JR site:

"The $25.00 fee will be added to your first purchase of any Luxury cigar item should you choose to join."

Ah - I probably should have read the last five words as long as I had started the sentence.

thanx.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.