Mail bomb explodes at U.S. military installation in Korea

Started by Hot Stuff x, 08/30/2010 01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Stuff x

A package that was delivered through the military postal system to U.S. Army Garrison - Yongsan, Korea with a return address of Grosse Tete, Louisiana exploded today, injuring one. 

Grosse Tete is German for "Big Boobs".

Since the Post Office delivered the package, the case is now a federal investigation. A spokesperson with the Postal Inspection Service said whoever sent this small bomb through the mail will face federal felony charges.

"Apparently a package was delivered in the mail today. When Mr. (Les) Chamness opened that package, it detonated.  There was some kind of explosive device inside that package," said Lt. Barney Witless with the Yongsan Criminal Investigation Division.

The package had come in the mail addressed to "Hot Stuff x,"  one of the names the intended victim uses on the internet. Lt. Witless said Chamness opened the package to find what looked like five tubes inside, bound by cardboard and wrapped in tape. Moments later the box detonated.

A witness at the mailroom parking lot said he saw the remains of the explosion and reported that it looked like only one of the devices in the box exploded.

Authorities are searching the Grosse Tete area for the person who mailed the package containing the bomb.  Little is known about the perpetrator, other than it is a male who enjoys fine cigars and has used the alias "Wescat".

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Shukpaw

Really cool.  :bigthumbs:

I have to tell you though.  When I was in the military the mail system was more vigilant and this sort of thing just did not happen.

Hope you recover soon Les.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Jackal

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

cmmayo

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. NICE cigars, too!
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

PA.pierced2010

Good bomb.  Hopefully, it did not take long for the package to travel from Grosse Tete to Korea.
"The difference between a man and his valet: they both smoke the same cigars, but only one pays for them"
Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

wescat

The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

junglepete

The bombs sure are flyin' around here these days.  :bigthumbs: Nice one.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

Chief of Shaft

87North

Well done Kevin.  A truly deserving target.   :thumbsup:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

lowpro75

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

mountedshriner

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

DennisA

Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.

Macabre

"Why are shapeshifting aliens from another universe coming here to steal frozen heads?"

----Agent Phillip Broyles, Fringe

DocJazzRH

Rich ()=iii=<

Delusions of grandeur make me feel a lot better about myself .. J. Wagner

At least a bad conscience can make life interesting -- Kierkegaard

BlackIrish

(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Voexum

Christopher "Voexum"
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Voexum

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points but it is by no means the most interesting." - The Doctor

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

ROTHNH

QuoteHot Stuff x - 8/30/2010  2:32 AM

Grosse Tete is German for "Big Boobs"

In the "for what it's worth" Dept.:

In Louisiana I'd think it was from the original French, not German?

Grosse Tete means "Big Head" in French.  "Tetons," however, is slang in French for "Boobs."

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

akira

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Bob Cordell

QuoteROTHNH - 8/30/2010  12:35 PM

QuoteHot Stuff x - 8/30/2010  2:32 AM

Grosse Tete is German for "Big Boobs"

In the "for what it's worth" Dept.:

In Louisiana I'd think it was from the original French, not German?

Grosse Tete means "Big Head" in French.  "Tetons," however, is slang in French for "Boobs."

I think your missing the point of the entire thread!

:confused:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

ROTHNH

QuoteBob Cordell - 8/30/2010  1:38 PM

I think your missing the point of the entire thread!

:confused:

I didn't :)  I just found it interesting that the "German" town was in Louisiana and not, say, Pennsylvania and that's it's more than likely the name is from the French.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.