New issue of cigar aficionado...wow

Started by HeresJohnny, 09/01/2010 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeresJohnny

did you read those responses/comments in the Letter to the Editor section?  what the hell did that guy (Dearborn Heights) say to get everyone so pissed off???  Kinda surprised CA printed that !!

Bob Cordell

I just got my new copy and noticed the most interesting man in the world is in this one!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Brlesq

QuoteHeresJohnny - 9/1/2010  2:44 PM

did you read those responses/comments in the Letter to the Editor section?  what the hell did that guy (Dearborn Heights) say to get everyone so pissed off???  Kinda surprised CA printed that !!

Hi, Lou.  Welcome to CG!  Don't mean to sound skeptical, but you show up today out of the blue and start not one, but two, threads asking about our thoughts on the negative responses in CA to one of our own member's letter to the editor.  Funny how you knew which cigar board to come to . . . I don't think that our CG brother mentioned CG in his letter.  :?:  

My guess is that you are either associated with CA or one of their advertisers, or you're a reporter.

If I'm wrong, then please call me out on it.  If I am correct, then kindly state your intentions and you will find that we are all MORE than happy to share our opinions.  Thanks!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Bob Cordell

:mad:

Yeah, what kinda shyt are you trying to pull?

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

mountedshriner

QuoteBob Cordell - 9/1/2010  12:16 PM

Yeah, what kinda shyt are you trying to pull?

:word:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

cmmayo

QuoteBrlesq - 9/1/2010  2:13 PM

QuoteHeresJohnny - 9/1/2010  2:44 PM

Hi, Lou.  Welcome to CG!  Don't mean to sound skeptical, but you show up today out of the blue and start not one, but two, threads asking about our thoughts on the negative responses in CA to one of our own member's letter to the editor.  Funny how you knew which cigar board to come to . . . I don't think that our CG brother mentioned CG in his letter.  :?:  

My guess is that you are either associated with CA or one of their advertisers, or you're a reporter.

If I'm wrong, then please call me out on it.  If I am correct, then kindly state your intentions and you will find that we are all MORE than happy to share our opinions.  Thanks!

Odds are, it was just Christopher62 trying to think of a clever way to begin the conversation. If you search the forums, you'll see he hasn't posted on CG in the last month, yet was able to post a reply in 10 minutes.

Regardless, now I, too, have to go to the mailbox to see if I got mine.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

lowpro75

Christopher is a nice guy, I just don't understand why he would pull something like that. :confused:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

elmokfo

Either way, its a pretty good issue.  Who can argue with an article on "The Most Interesting Man in the World"  

Strangely, i don't even remember being interviewed!

Christopher62

~Christopher

SenorPablo

It definitely was not Christopher.  I can track that stuff, plus he's always been a very stand up guy.

I also don't see why someone would come on the site to stir this up so I think we need to give HeresJohnny the benefit of the doubt.  Not exactly a warm reception for a new member.  :-(

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

lowpro75

QuoteSenorPablo - 9/1/2010  4:01 PM

It definitely was not Christopher.  I can track that stuff, plus he's always been a very stand up guy.

I also don't see why someone would come on the site to stir this up so I think we need to give HeresJohnny the benefit of the doubt.  Not exactly a warm reception for a new member.  :-(

-Paul

Sorry Paul.  We'll do better next time.  :-(
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

mb2456

Wow, just makes me really want to read the next CA.  Should be in my mail soon.  Just wondering why Lou would put up an website that doesn't connect to anything?

:confused:

cmmayo

QuoteChristopher62 - 9/1/2010  3:00 PM

It was not me.

OK. My bad. I completely apologize.

I admit, I've been a little paranoid about people online ever since that chick I met online turned out to be a dude.  :-0

:lmao:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

bklein128

I feel another Big V coming on with this one.

cmmayo

QuoteSenorPablo - 9/1/2010  3:01 PM

-Paul

We should all feel a little bad, especially me. All Lou had to do was go to Google and search "christopher dearborn heights cigar" to find Christopher's post on CG: http://www.google.com/search?q=christopher+salvetti+dearborn+heights&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=nbu&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=christopher+dearborn+heights+cigar&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=4ad6cbfe95dd9f84

Sorry, Paul, Lou, Christopher...  I'm just very protective of my "special place."  :sad:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

gitfiddl

-Paul

Ooooooooh, y'all got busted! :nono:

Thanks, Paul.  I can't believe the way these guys were behaving.  I hope everyone here feels ashamed of their behavior.  Lord knows, I would never do such a thing... :shades:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

lowpro75

Quotegitfiddl - 9/1/2010  4:34 PM

-Paul

Thanks, Paul.  I can't believe the way these guys were behaving.  I hope everyone here feels ashamed of their behavior.  Lord knows, I would never do such a thing... :shades:

We call you "the bouncer."  If they get past you, they're in.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

AMD

Quotecmmayo - 9/1/2010  3:34 PM

-Paul

We should all feel a little bad, especially me. All Lou had to do was go to Google and search "christopher dearborn heights cigar" to find Christopher's post on CG: http://www.google.com/search?q=christopher+salvetti+dearborn+heights&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=nbu&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=christopher+dearborn+heights+cigar&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=4ad6cbfe95dd9f84

Sorry, Paul, Lou, Christopher...  I'm just very protective of my "special place."  :sad:

This guy "Corey" seems like a really cool guy. I could really get into a website that he's a part of!
--someone other than Corey

gitfiddl

Quotelowpro75 - 9/1/2010  4:37 PM

Quotegitfiddl - 9/1/2010  4:34 PM

-Paul

We call you "the bouncer."  If they get past you, they're in.

Thanks, but I prefer "The Swinging Sledgehammer of Love"! :biggrin:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

lowpro75

QuoteAMD - 9/1/2010  4:45 PM

-Paul

This guy "Corey" seems like a really cool guy. I could really get into a website that he's a part of!

Hey, I know who you aren't!!
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Jackal

Welcome AMD

I have used your products for years.  Much less expensive than Intel.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

gitfiddl

-Paul

You might want to make sure his check clears before you start talking about Corey in such a manner. ;-)

Seriously, though, we're a pretty tight-knit community around here, sometimes to a fault.  We can be quick to pass judgment.  We're also pretty good about owning up to our errors and lapses of sensibility, so like Corey, I apologize if anything we've said has ticked anybody off.

lowpro75

Quotegitfiddl - 9/1/2010  4:59 PM

-Paul

You might want to make sure his check clears before you start talking about Corey in such a manner. ;-)

Seriously, though, we're a pretty tight-knit community around here, sometimes to a fault.  We can be quick to pass judgment.  We're also pretty good about owning up to our errors and lapses of sensibility, so like Corey, I apologize if anything we've said has ticked anybody off.

Hey, for once I didn't say anything bad and have nothing to apologize for.  I'm going to have a drink to celebrate.

Welcome HeresJohnny!!
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

cmmayo

QuoteJackal - 9/1/2010  3:52 PM

Welcome AMD

I have used your products for years.  Much less expensive than Intel.

(Thread Hijack in Progress!)

During my interview with AMD last week, I mentioned that I felt my writing skills stayed sharp because of my hobby/habit of writing about cigars constantly. I was feeling really relaxed, evidently, because I tend to stay away from the topic of tobacco with employers. You never know when you are going to lose a chance because the hiring manager is anti-tobacco...

Anyway, the next day I was told by the recruiter that they wanted to see writing samples. I sent them training work I had developed, but got a second call: "they want to see your writing about cigars" the recruiter said with a question mark in his voice...

:-0

...so I sent them a link to my CG reviews along with their own ID and password!

I'm still wondering if they got to this review: "I suppose if you licked buttholes for a living, the flavors of this cigar would be a step up. Slightly."
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Brlesq

Well, I started it, because I too am very protective of this site and its members.  I did welcome HeresJohnny (Lou) and then I asked a straightforward question, and I am ready to accept being tarred and feathered if I am wrong.

So, Lou, please don't let me intimidate you.  Please join us in the discussion.  As you can see they are all ready to hang me for my lack of manners.  Mea culpe! :-(
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.