TobaccoLocker.com ?

Started by Brlesq, 09/16/2010 07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

Anybody buy from TobaccoLocker.com before?  I just found their site when searching for a particular cigar, and my cigar was priced really low.

Before I pull the trigger, though, I wanted to know about any good, bad or indifferent experiences from my fellow Geeks.  (As of late, I have become wary about on-line retailers that I am not familiar with.  Not just with cigars, but all retailers.  Been burned a few too many times with "pop-up" storefronts or sites that are only 'bots' that pass you through to another place for fulfillment.)

Any honest and candid thoughts are appreciated.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

Although I've never ordered from them, they look legitimate.  Maybe some of our fellow Geeks from FL can chime in - it looks like they are based out of Port Charlotte.
Chief of Shaft

junglepete

QuoteBrlesq - 9/16/2010  8:12 AM

Anybody buy from TobaccoLocker.com before?  I just found their site when searching for a particular cigar, and my cigar was priced really low.

Before I pull the trigger, though, I wanted to know about any good, bad or indifferent experiences from my fellow Geeks.  (As of late, I have become wary about on-line retailers that I am not familiar with.  Not just with cigars, but all retailers.  Been burned a few too many times with "pop-up" storefronts or sites that are only 'bots' that pass you through to another place for fulfillment.)

Any honest and candid thoughts are appreciated.

I don't know much about them but have come across the site from time to time. I find their prices seemingly high? Which cigar did you find that was on the lower end of their pricing.  I also see they have a 12 cigar sampler for 29.00 but fail to list which cigars are in the sampler.  :confused:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

DonM

No help here, Port Charlotte is a ways away from me

"The Curmudgeon"

Jackal

Prices looked ok, but shipping is brutal.  They have a LFD sampler at a good price, but when I put it in my shopping cart it showed an estimated $8.95 shipping.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Brlesq

QuoteJackal - 9/16/2010  11:43 AM

Prices looked ok, but shipping is brutal.  They have a LFD sampler at a good price, but when I put it in my shopping cart it showed an estimated $8.95 shipping.

2nd Day Delivery is free on order over $75.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Jackal

QuoteBrlesq - 9/16/2010  8:53 AM

That's good to know.  Unlike most sites, they don't put their shipping policy where it is easy to find.  That LFD sampler looks more appealing now.

Brlesq

QuoteJackal - 9/16/2010  12:00 PM

That's good to know.  Unlike most sites, they don't put their shipping policy where it is easy to find.  That LFD sampler looks more appealing now.

Yeah, that was tough to find RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the HOME PAGE.   :biggrin:
http://www.tobaccolocker.com/

But I do agree that the site is cumbersome to navigate, and there are some oddities that make me wonder if it is legit, and that is why I asked here first.  For example, regarding the free S+H on orders over $75, if you let your mouse hover over that, it then says "free S+H on orders over $50".  :confused:

And as to Pete's question, they have a box of Rocky Patel 2008 Summer Collection Toro Grande (6x58) for $89!!  They are $140-$150 everywhere else.  I would do a split with someone on these, but was hoping to find out if anyone had issues with this retailer first.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

nwb

QuoteBrlesq - 9/16/2010  12:15 PM

QuoteJackal - 9/16/2010  12:00 PM

Yeah, that was tough to find RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the HOME PAGE.   :biggrin:
http://www.tobaccolocker.com/

:lmao:

To be honest, I missed it, too.  There is almost too much going on to see it... :confused:
Chief of Shaft

ROTHNH

If they have any left, Arnold's was selling 20-count boxes of the RP 1992 Vintage 6X60s for $89.95 and a bunch of other RP's and Oliva's.  I posted it in the Hot Deals here if anyone is interested.  Arnold's has been around forever and has a great rep.

Jackal

I was looking around the edges for a tab saying shipping.  Putting it in the middle clutter it does get lost.

I really like their prices on LFDs.  I hope that they are reputable.

nwb

QuoteROTHNH - 9/16/2010  12:38 PM

If they have any left, Arnold's was selling 20-count boxes of the RP 1992 Vintage 6X60s for $89.95 and a bunch of other RP's and Oliva's.  I posted it in the Hot Deals here if anyone is interested.  Arnold's has been around forever and has a great rep.

Their current deal on the RP Vintages is exceptional, and they always have great service.
Chief of Shaft

consti

I've never purchased anything from them before... There are some good prices to be had though. Does anybody want to take the first jump? I've been purchasing a lot recently though... Probably a good idea to sit this one out.
-Justin

Brlesq

All right, I am going to take the plunge, and I will let you all know how it goes!  I just spoke to the one of the owners by phone, and they have a retail store in Port Charlotte that has been open 5 years along with this website.

Anybody want to do a split on a 20 box of Rocky Patel 2008 Summer Collection Toro Grande (6x58) for $89? (10 cigars for $44.50 + half of what it costs me to ship to you?)  Let me know.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Jackal

If you want to split half of an LFD DL Chisel box, they have a great price on them ($126 for a box of 20 6x54)

Brlesq

QuoteJackal - 9/16/2010  4:29 PM

If you want to split half of an LFD DL Chisel box, they have a great price on them ($126 for a box of 20 6x54)

Thanks Jason, but I'll politely decline.  That is one of the few full bodied cigars that I just don't care for.  I know a lot of guys here love them, so feel free to join Jackal on this split.  They guy at Tobaccolocker.com seemed genuine, and he answers his own phone! (No customer service reps).  He said everything on his site is current and in inventory.  Sounded like a small B&M with a website.  I'm not on Puff, but I googled this place and a few people on Puff had positive reviews of his business.

I'm still going to make the order on those RPs, so if someone wants to go in on a split, let me know.  I'm also eyeing a 5 pack of Camacho Liberty 2009s for $60.   :rolleyes:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

nwb

Good luck, Bruce!  Looking forward to your feedback, although I need another trusted vendor like I need a hole in the head.
Chief of Shaft

wlfwalleye

I decided to check this place out. Their website is a little tough to navagate but if you realy look around there are some good deals. I found a great deal on LFD Mysterio Oscuro box of 5. One part of the site had it for $75 and another part had it for $55. I orded the box at $55 and it arrived today along with a couple of fivers to get the free shipping. Definately will order from them again.

Brlesq

I'm glad Kyle posted his satisfaction with this site.  My initial order here on the RP's also was very satisfactory.  Definitely another good place to find a bargain IF you have the patience to navigate the somewhat clunky website.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Foe

They're legit. I ordered from them right after this year's ICPCR. They had the new releases up for pre-order before anyone else on the web, and with decent prices to boot.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.