Bravos cigars from Nicaragua...ever try these?

Started by Vanilla Gorilla, 09/20/2010 07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla Gorilla

I did a search and found a whole bunch of listings on the net for Bravo cigars...but nothing for Bravos. Hopefully I'm not making a fool out of myself and they are the same company.

These cigars are from Nicaragua as said above, I found them at a small cigar shop (just like my humo santo discovery) and had to pick one up as they were 3.50 a stick, which is the lowest price I've seen yet for a cigar in Canada.

Anyways, anyone ever tried these? I'm going to submit them into the database and submit a review once we get some buzz going on them, and see if they are even indeed new or not.

Here's a photo of the cigar and it's lable, still in the cello for safe keeping.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn282/moozooman/IMG_1695-1.jpg

Also how do we attach an image that's larger than 100kb? I can never seem to figure that out, and I've seen threads loaded with pictures before....just wondering
Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

nwb

Never seen them - maybe a cigar made specifically for the Canadian market?  Anyway, let us know how it smokes! :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Vanilla Gorilla

They are for the Canadian Market! I was told that these are exclusive to Loblaws LTD just like the Humo Santos...however I can find these at a few different cigar shops around town...

Anyways, I got the skinny on these bad boys today while at my local B&M.

These value cigars are available around Canada anywhere from 3.29-5,79 a stick depending on the size and the wrapper. They're from Nicaragua and have a Nicaraguan wrapper, Nicaraguan/Dominican filler and a Nicaraguan binder. There are only 5 available that I know of as of now

Habana Churchhill
Habana Robusto
Habana Torpedo
Maduro Robusto
Maduro Churchhill

The different eahc of the different brands and sizes have different colour wrappers as seen in the picture.

Sorry for the blurry pic from the B&M, the guy was pissed that I wanted to take a photo inthe first place (As you can't even show the cigars to people in the humidor if you live in Ontario and aren't a regulated smoke shop)

This is how they show up in the country for retailers

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn282/moozooman/IMG_1706.jpg

Each size or wrapper colour will get it's own shelf on the stand. Nice display box they come in, but not every retailer had this display set up. They also come in bundle packages 20 for 50$.

This is a much clearer picture of some of their cigars up close. These are the ones I've picked up. Once I've given them some time to settle in the humidor, I'll smoke and write reviews.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn282/moozooman/IMG_1709.jpg

I've added these cigars to the database, and will review them soon! My first one will be the Habana Robusto, as it has aged the longest.

Vanilla Gorilla

I'd like to take this time to point out that Cigargeeks.com is currently the ONLY place on the internet that has any information at all on these cigars.

:dancing:

ROTHNH

Bravo Cigars are (were?) crafted in Columbia.

Greg, before you add these, I suggest you research them carefully.

Vanilla Gorilla

QuoteROTHNH - 9/27/2010  10:04 PM

Bravo Cigars are (were?) crafted in Columbia.

Greg, before you add these, I suggest you research them carefully.

These are Bravos (the added S at the end, not meaning multiple Bravo sticks)

Completely different cigar company, as seen in the pictures of the lables and boxes. Included on my picture of the cases is their country of origin, being Nicaragua.

I've done the research, as I thought they were Bravo cigars at first, it wasn't until I started asking questions, and asked to see them that I realized it was a different company all together.

ROTHNH

Interesting.  Sorry, my mistake.  Never heard of those.

Vanilla Gorilla

QuoteROTHNH - 9/27/2010  10:10 PM

Interesting.  Sorry, my mistake.  Never heard of those.

I'd rather be caught making a mistake now than later, so to be honest I'm glad you brought it up. I've been looking into this for at least a week or two now, trying to find them and asking the different staff at the stores questions about the brand. It wasn't until today that I got someone that would acutally allow me to take a picture of the box they come in. Then took the time to talk to me about the brand, where it comes from, how they are made up, etc etc.

Apperently they're not the greatest cigars, which also led me to the knowledge that they weren't Bravo cigars, as they are listed as premiums from Dominican.

ROTHNH

It appears that Bravo Cigar (Columbian) introduced a few years ago, no longer exists.  I am sure some sticks are still in some B&Ms here and there.

Vanilla Gorilla

QuoteROTHNH - 9/27/2010  10:21 PM

It appears that Bravo Cigar (Columbian) introduced a few years ago, no longer exists.  I am sure some sticks are still in some B&Ms here and there.

I saw that website too which researching. The only way I found the difference between the two companies online was by looking up Bravo cigar reviews and online companies that still sell the brands. I've been able to find and match brands from Bravo online with our database, and many of the brands included pictures of the sticks. They look much better, and much fancier lables than the Bravos company.

I know it's confusing, being just one more letter, but maybe the Bravos company was hoping they'd pick up more buyers by holding a similar name to a bigger premium company?

Jackal

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

EllsSmoke

Ive read they are made in Nicaragua by Nester Palencia. cant find any evidence but if true... very cool

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.