Famous - CAO Visions (Round 2)

Started by nwb, 10/14/2010 01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

Last week, I won a box of CAO Vision Epiphany from CigarAuctioneer for $86.  Not a bad steal considering the cheapest I've seen them at a B&M is $8/cigar.  Anyway, I came home on Monday to find a HUGE package on the doorstep.  When I opened the box, there was the cool looking humi-box, batteries, case, etc.

Then I opened the cool looking CAO box to inspect the cigars.  At first glance, they looked perfect - no mold issues.  However, on closer inspection I found that 5 of the cigars had very small amounts of mold on the foot. :-(

Today, I called Famous Smoke Shop's customer service to see what needed to be done.  In all honesty, the mold is very minor, and I really didn't want to go through the aggravation of sending the entire package back for 5 cigars.  At first, the customer service rep (Lisa) wanted me to send back the box and all of its contents.  When I explained to her that I would be traveling a lot in the coming months and it would be more aggravation than its worth, she credited me the cost of the 5 cigars on the spot, no questions asked.

That, my friends, is great customer service. :bigthumbs:
Chief of Shaft

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Jackal

Glad to hear that it went smoothly.

I think you may have gotten the final box that I sent back.  It was only very minor mold; I was just fed up by that time.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

nwb

QuoteJackal - 10/14/2010  2:33 PM
I think you may have gotten the final box that I sent back.  It was only very minor mold; I was just fed up by that time.

The affected cigars have one spot apiece on the very end of the tobacco at the foot.  I plan on opening one up tonight to take a closer look, although I might shed a tear. :cry:

Last night, I smoked one of the others in the box.  There were no off flavors, and other than being overhumidified (surprise, surprise), it was a really good cigar. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

PA.pierced2010

Are you sure that wasn't bloom?
 :lmao:  :lmao:
"The difference between a man and his valet: they both smoke the same cigars, but only one pays for them"
Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Jackal

Quotenwb - 10/14/2010  11:39 AM

QuoteJackal - 10/14/2010  2:33 PM

The affected cigars have one spot apiece on the very end of the tobacco at the foot.  I plan on opening one up tonight to take a closer look, although I might shed a tear. :cry:

Sounds like the box I returned, although at high humidity, those single blotches of bloom would have probably grown by now.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

nwb

QuotePA.pierced2010 - 10/14/2010  3:37 PM

I was asked "what did it look like" at which point I said it was "hairy and green/blue, so it isn't plume/bloom".  :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

NES Tek

Very good to hear. That's good help.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

metalhead y cigarguy

This day and age it's very rare that a company will take the customers word and just give a credit without looking at the product first. Very cool of them to do that.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

gitfiddl

Quotenwb - 10/14/2010  3:52 PM

QuotePA.pierced2010 - 10/14/2010  3:37 PM

I was asked "what did it look like" at which point I said it was "hairy and green/blue...".  :biggrin:

I knew my ex was a whore, I just didn't know Famous was her new pimp! :-0

Glad to hear they took care of you.  I think you can thank a small uproar created here for part of that.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.