Quit Smoking Pills and their Effects

Started by layton, 10/20/2010 09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

layton

There are people who quit smoking on their own. But the use of Quit smoking pill  helps smokers to increase their chances to stop using cigarettes. After considering their current medication if any, these pills can be used after taking the doctor's opinion. It is not very safe to take the pills in combination with certain medication; hence it's very important to seek the doctor's opinion.

The brain transmitters are of two types, the chemical messengers that create the sense of pleasure –dopamine, and sense of stimulation- norepinephrine. These are the chemicals which are stimulated every time one smokes a cigarette. When one quits smoking, the level of these chemicals drop making a person miserable and want more cigarettes. Bupropion is an oral tablet which when taken keeps the level of these chemicals constant making it easy to deal with the withdrawal symptoms. To get used to its effect it is started two weeks before quitting. The first side effect of Bupropion is dry mouth. Some people also get jitteriness. Difficulty in sleeping is another side effect seen in some people. In some people it may cause stomach upset and headaches.

Varenicline is another common pill used by smokers to quit smoking. But this pill also needs medical assistance. The side effects of Varenicline are nausea, difficulty in swallowing and soreness in throat. This pill may also cause difficulty in sleeping. These pills are also known to cause depression in some patients.

Quitting smoking without help is possible but medication just makes things a little easier.

Bob Cordell

This has been a public service announcement sponsored by Keystone Light..."always smooth"

Side effects include suicidal thoughts, limp tool, shot nerves, ass breath, some people people have reported agitation at the very thought of unwanted solicitations....

:shades:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Brlesq

QuoteBob Cordell - 10/20/2010  10:46 AM

This has been a public service announcement sponsored by Keystone Light..."always smooth"

Side effects include suicidal thoughts, limp tool, shot nerves, ass breath, some people people have reported agitation at the very thought of unwanted solicitations....
   :shades:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

REPENT YE SMOKERS! :nono:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

gitfiddl

Now where's that "...And the horse you rode in on!" emoticon?!?!?!

:confused:  :shades:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Ken Kelley

Do I detect the putrid scent of tofu and Birkenstock leather?  Maybe the horrid stench of dogooder?  :barf:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Jackal

Paul, do you get alcoholics anonymous hitting up your wine zealots page?

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

lowpro75

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Bob Cordell

You changed your Bob haiku...ha!

Sugarbritches is back?

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

lowpro75

QuoteBob Cordell - 10/20/2010  12:24 PM

You changed your Bob haiku...ha!

Sugarbritches is back?

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Gotta keep current. :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

wlfwalleye

Perhaps a spam attack on the email listed in the profile is in order? :confused:

Dave S.

QuoteAlphairon - 10/20/2010  8:29 AM

Do I detect the putrid scent of tofu and Birkenstock leather?  Maybe the horrid stench of dogooder?  :barf:

:word:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

Vanilla Gorilla

So wait a second, you'd like me to quit smoking cigarettes (which I don't) by taking uppers?

Multiple administrations of high doses of methamphetamine to rats cause long-term depression of both dopamine and serotonin synthesis. Coadministration of the catecholamine synthesis inhibitor, alpha-methyl-p-tyrosine, antagonizes this effect of methamphetamine on both neurotransmitter systems. However, when catecholamine synthesis was maintained by the administration of L-dopa and the peripheral decarboxylase inhibitor R04-4602, alpha-methyl-p-tyrosine no longer prevented the effects of methamphetamine on either dopamine or serotonin synthesis. In addition, the administration of the specific dopamine uptake blocker, amfonelic acid, significantly attenuated the changes in the serotonin synthesizing enzyme, tryptophan hydroxylase, resulting from multiple high doses of methamphetamine.

The ability of a single administration of methamphetamine to depress tryptophan hydroxylase was also dependent on catecholamine synthesis. These results suggest that dopamine plays an important role in the changes mediated by the administration of methamphetamine in both the dopaminergic and serotonergic systems.

Long story short. If you want to quit smoking, take up methamphetamines, just like layton says.
Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

PA.pierced2010

Interesting first post, although the science of the drugs seems accurate at first glance.  The Bupropion will also help you with your depression.
"The difference between a man and his valet: they both smoke the same cigars, but only one pays for them"
Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Jackal

This group does not need to be put on uppers.  :nono:

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Rebecca Silverwolf

QuoteAlphairon - 10/20/2010  8:29 AM

I'm amazed that the smell really DOES travel over the internet.  :blech:

:lmao:  :lmao:
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.