Inaugaraual CG Blind Taste Test Trade

Started by emind56, 03/10/2008 12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emind56

Or just the TTT for short.  As of today the participants for the first TTT are as follows:
1. newguy
2. Bob Cordell
3. kgoings
4. ljlemer
5. Myself

1.  To begin the TTT each of the participants package up 4 cigars with no markings or bands or any other identifying features on them.
....The only rule as to quality or anything is that they not have any sort of flavor added (as in CAO Flavors or Acids).  I'm sure that some flavored cigars are good, but they will taint the rest of the cigars, and this will ruin the taste tests.

2.  Please label the bag that you put them in with your screen name

3.  Ship via USPS Priority with DC to my address in my profile

4.  Once I recieve the boxes I will label the cigars 1-5 (removing one of each for myself, and putting one of my cigars into each box) the 1-5 will correspond to the number associated with your name above.

5.  I will then place one of every cigar into each of the pre labled bags, rebox them and ship them back to the individuals.

This will save you guys from having to pay for shipping 4 boxes apiece.  

6.  Once all boxes are recieved we will begin the reviews one cigar a week for 5 weeks.  

In the mean time I will write up a form so that the reviews can be standardized.  Each week the member who's cigar gets smoked can reveal to the rest of us what it was after each of the reviews is posted.  

If we feel like it we can award prizes for those that guess what they've smoked etc... or not whatever seems fun.

We can keep all reviews and such on this thread, until it maxes out and then we can move it over.  

Is all that clear to everyone?  It should be pretty simple once we get going.  I hope this will be as much fun as it seems like it can be.

Bob Cordell

Just so I get this right...we should send 4 smokes of the same brand, ring, wrapper and so forth, correct? Everybody gets the same smoke from each individual participant?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

emind56

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/10/2008  8:27 AM

Just so I get this right...we should send 4 smokes of the same brand, ring, wrapper and so forth, correct?

Yes, 4 of exactley the same smoke, sans any identifying marks (i.e. no bands, notes, etc.)

I actually woke up this morning excited about this, should be fun!

Bob Cordell

Great, I'm getting a 5er' in the mail today or tomorrow that will work nicely...

I like that plan but aren't you going to be out a few bucks shipping? We should throw a buck or two in our package...

kgoings

Cool! I will get mine off to you tomorrow.

ljlemer

Is that final? I can send it out today.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

Quoteljlemer - 3/10/2008  10:43 AM

Is that final? I can send it out today.

Too late. Here's the tracking number:

0306 0320 0002 2786 4395  USPS Priority.

Thomas Mann

Bob Cordell

Mine are in the mail now! Whoopie!

NewGuy

Give me a minute, my work schedule didn't allow for extracuriculars.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Bob Cordell

Hey guys, I got mine in a 5er' in the mail today. I just turned around and re-addressed them and sent them out. I smoked the one  left over this evening and it seemed a bit dry. You may want to put cigar #2, as I understand it, thats my number in a humidor with a RH of at least 70 for a week so it can straighten out.

If you want to move me further down the list for an extra week or two I dont care. What ever emind decides. I dont want to contribute sub par smokes.

Lemme know. I put them back in cellos after I removed the bands. I threw in a couple of bucks to help with shipping emind.

emind56

Please don't worry about the shipping....its the least I can do, besides it will only be like 15 bucks.  I'm just excited to be doing this,, in the past it has been alot of fun

Bob Cordell

Too late dude, I already shipped them! So what about the order? Look at my cigars when you recieve them and decide if they appear a bit dry...

NewGuy

This thing is building anticipation. I think it has to with a)getting a package in the mail b) knowing the package contains smokes. Seems elementary, but plays to lust, who can resist?

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

emind56

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/10/2008  8:32 PM

Too late dude, I already shipped them! So what about the order? Look at my cigars when you recieve them and decide if they appear a bit dry...

Of couse since I get them last I can always put that couple of bucks back into the box coming back to you BWAHAHAHAHAHA  :lmao:

Bob Cordell

Keep the bucks, I'm loaded anyway! Haaaaaaaaaaa!

Seriously, its no big deal. I'm more concerned with the cigars I contributed, look at them and decide if mine need an extra week in the humidor. I turned them around immediately without setting on them and checking them for freshness! My mistake, I was so eager to get them mailed.

emind56

I'm sure that they'll be fine.  Thanks for particpating so enthusiasticly

kgoings

Quoteemind56 - 3/10/2008  11:00 PM

Well we could just re-organize what numbers go what weeks so his get a change to re-humidify

Bob Cordell

Yeah, thats what I'm saying! Thanks Kgoings!

emind56

Quotekgoings - 3/10/2008  10:04 PM

Well we could just re-organize what numbers go what weeks so his get a change to re-humidify

Oh yeah, sorry.  Sometimes I'm kinda thick, especially after wotking for 12 hours.  We can easily reorganize the numbers to allow for more rest

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to wait a week, and let all the stogies rest after their trip.  That or maybe mine should be the first week, since they will be traveling the least.  What says you guys?

kgoings

Bob Cordell

NewGuy

OK, my selection of bandless stogies are boxed and ready to go!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

Quoteemind56 - 3/11/2008  11:24 AM

Quotekgoings - 3/10/2008  10:04 PM

Oh yeah, sorry.  Sometimes I'm kinda thick, especially after wotking for 12 hours.  We can easily reorganize the numbers to allow for more rest

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to wait a week, and let all the stogies rest after their trip.  That or maybe mine should be the first week, since they will be traveling the least.  What says you guys?

The same thing can be said for my contribution: a bit dry. I had a hard time finding 4 of the same cigars that I had already reviewed.

Thomas Mann

emind56

when I get them all, I'll resend then we can start with my contributions which are all very stable.....been in the humi for awhile.  Then move down the list that way all the worrisome ones wil have more time to relax and regain their balance.

ljlemer

Quoteemind56 - 3/12/2008  12:55 AM

when I get them all, I'll resend then we can start with my contributions which are all very stable.....been in the humi for awhile.  Then move down the list that way all the worrisome ones wil have more time to relax and regain their balance.

What do you mean by you'll resend?

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.