Cigar Replica Pens

Started by cmmayo, 12/13/2010 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmmayo

Some of these look really good: http://www.cigarreplicapens.com/main.html

BTW, this is not my company or product--it was advertised on Facebook--and I am not endorsing it. Just pointing it out. (I "endorse" so many products on here, I wanted to make that clear. So far, though, no endorsement deals....)
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

nwb

Those are definitely well done.
Chief of Shaft

SenorPablo

I really like the idea but $150 is a bit steep.  Although they do look really nice.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Brlesq

The temptation all day at work would kill me if if I had one of these.  I would be like a crazy man at then end of the day to get to my cigars!  Wife would NOT like that I ran by her to get to my den for my smokes when I came home! :-(
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Bob Cordell

I ran across that a bit ago, looks pretty cool, maybe I'll drop a hint near Boss' day!

:biggrin:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

billy82

Wow! they look really nice.
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

Herfin' Chef

Nice pens. Back in the day I had a twin flame lighter that looked like a Cohiba Stogie.
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

Shukpaw

Those are cool looking.  I don't see ever paying that much for a pen though.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

vw77guy

That's the gift for the guy that has everything.  Wish I could afford one!

metalhead y cigarguy

I would be chewing on it all day if I had one. Would keep thinking it was real then the disappointment would set in once I tasted the plastic.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Ken Kelley

Why in the world would I want a cigar lighter when I already have one shaped like a trout????   :confused:

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

DonM

Very tastefully made, but a little steep for a pen I wouldn't use daily

"The Curmudgeon"

Herfin' Chef

QuoteAlphairon - 12/14/2010  6:28 AM

Why in the world would I want a cigar lighter when I already have one shaped like a trout????   :confused:

First to mind: "Is that a trout in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

(sorry 'bout that)  :crazy:  :lmao:  :crazy:
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

nwb

QuoteAlphairon - 12/14/2010  6:28 AM

:lmao:
Chief of Shaft

H8W8IN

Looking at this site gives me some ideas. I turn pens on my lathe and might be able to make some of these. I have a project for the weekend now to see if I can get the label on the pen and get it finished correctly. I learned a new way to finish the pens so I think this can be done with relative ease.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

horrido

Yup they are nice however something about their website smells wrong to me. I will not do business with any website I cannot contact by phone or a legit address so I can research the company. Even if they say they are using their own bands I still believe they are using another companies logo most likely without permission.  :shades:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

cmmayo

--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

dieselcricket

I turn a lot of pens but it never crossed my mind to add a label.  I didn't check the web prices but pen kits at woodcraft are very reasonable.  As much as I'd like people to believe that my pens take alot of time and skill, most of them do not.  I can crank out Slimline or Euro pens in under 20 mins, from start to finish.  The finish process usually takes just as long as the actual turning and can also be done directly on the lathe.  

If I can figure out how to add the label and put a nice finish on top, maybe I'll make a few and post some pics.  The finish I use now is a mix of SuperGlue (CA glue) and boiled linseed oil & friction which would surely mess up the label.  Maybe I'll try just some poly or lacquer..............
"....but I also smoke when I'm by myself and it makes me feel like I'm not by myself. If you have a cigar, it's like a little bit of company."--George Lopez

wlfwalleye

Quotedieselcricket - 5/5/2011  7:08 PM

I turn a lot of pens but it never crossed my mind to add a label.  I didn't check the web prices but pen kits at woodcraft are very reasonable.  As much as I'd like people to believe that my pens take alot of time and skill, most of them do not.  I can crank out Slimline or Euro pens in under 20 mins, from start to finish.  The finish process usually takes just as long as the actual turning and can also be done directly on the lathe.  

If I can figure out how to add the label and put a nice finish on top, maybe I'll make a few and post some pics.  The finish I use now is a mix of SuperGlue (CA glue) and boiled linseed oil & friction which would surely mess up the label.  Maybe I'll try just some poly or lacquer..............

Don't know for sure but a polymer finish for fishing rod building would proubably work very well and is relatively cheap.

horrido

You also could use automotive clearcoat for this if you wanted.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

nwb

A lot of you Geeks have an uncanny facination for cylindrical objects.  Just sayin'. :shades:

I never heard Freud say "Sometimes a pen is just a pen."  Just sayin'. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Jackal

I have a couple of cigar pens.  They don't have any real brand name associated with them, but they do look fairly real.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

mountedshriner

Quotecmmayo - 12/13/2010  5:02 PM

Some of these look really good: http://www.cigarreplicapens.com/main.html

BTW, this is not my company or product--it was advertised on Facebook--and I am not endorsing it. Just pointing it out. (I "endorse" so many products on here, I wanted to make that clear. So far, though, no endorsement deals....)

The endorsement "or not" must have been a success Corey. The site is now gone!! :confused:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.