Letter from the Troops

Started by nwb, 12/16/2010 10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

I received this letter early this morning regarding our Cigars for Troops 2010:

Nathan:

I really can't begin to thank you and everyone else enough for the cigars that you sent me and the Marines.  They really couldn't have come on a better day!  The day that I opened the package, was the day that one of the guys' wife gave birth to their first son.  The support that we receive from people like you guys makes it that much easier out here.  I currently don't have any pictures because I didn't have a camera until a few days ago.  I will send some pictures the next time we all are out smoking.  I hope you have a Merry Christmas and please pass on the message that everybody out here was happy and we're extremely thankful!

Semper Fi!
Chris Leslie
Chief of Shaft

Brlesq

Cool!  Its the least we can do for them.  Thanks again for coordinating this Nate.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

NES Tek

Bad ass!!! That's awesome! Good work everyone!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

akira

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

cmmayo

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Vanilla Gorilla

That's so amazing! Great work everyone!
Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

Jackal

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

metalhead y cigarguy

Very cool! Unfortunately I wasn't able to contribute, but good job too everyone that did.  :rocker:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Ken Kelley

Sounds like the cigars were a big hit.  Folks who haven't had the opportunity, if you can call it that, to experience the unalloyed joy of a deployment...or two, or three...can't really appreciate how much a diversion such as this can mean.  Anything that takes your mind off the drudgery is something to be treasured.  This was truly a good deed!
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Robert LG

Great job guys!  I hope to join in next time.  They need and deserve our support.
Rob

mountedshriner

Outstanding job Nathan. It warms my heart to read his response. Col. Kelley (alpharion) and I have both had our share of deployments and truly appreciate the efforts of the folks on the home front.  :usa:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Ken Kelley

Quotemountedshriner - 12/16/2010  8:09 PM

Outstanding job Nathan. It warms my heart to read his response. Col. Kelley (alpharion) and I have both had our share of deployments and truly appreciate the efforts of the folks on the home front.  :usa:

Dayum, Dennis, you promoted me.  I really retired as an E-2!

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

SenorPablo

Very cool.  Glad to hear they are enjoying them.  Thanks for pulling this together Nathan!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

wescat

Very nice Nathan. Making a tough job better, one cigar at a time. Good work.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

BlackIrish

So glad we can make their situation just a little bit more pleasant.

Nathan, I never got my batch of sticks to you.  Will you be sending any more in 2011?
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Herfin' Chef

Way to go Guys! Count me in next go 'round.

:bigthumbs:  :usa:  :bigthumbs:
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

mountedshriner

QuoteAlphairon - 12/16/2010  5:29 PM

Quotemountedshriner - 12/16/2010  8:09 PM

Dayum, Dennis, you promoted me.  I really retired as an E-2!

:lmao:  :lmao: Looks like a fresh Lackland boot!! :cry:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.