Round Robin IV, Winter 2011

Started by DonM, 12/31/2010 04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonM

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Round Robin IV, Winter 2011 '.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

"The Curmudgeon"

DonM

I thought the last Round Robin was alot of fun, so I decided to start another.

I sent some invites but know I left out a bunch of people that could be interested.  If you are jump in on the fun!

"The Curmudgeon"

Shukpaw

Looks like fun.  I won't win, but it will be fun trying.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Ken Kelley

Thanks for the invite, Don.  I'm looking forward to this one.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

DonM

Thanks Ken, I thought it was a great idea, the last one was fun!

"The Curmudgeon"

zac

If you'll take a pass noob, this sounds pretty fun.

gitfiddl

I appreciate the invite, but I think I'll pass on this one.  I don't think my palate is discerning or educated enough for a blind taste test and I'd hate to drag the rest down.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

DonM

Quotezac - 12/31/2010  7:33 PM

I did not put any restrictions, so as long as you are willing to adhere to the guidelines, I see no problem.  The only thing I didn't want to see was dog rockets in the mix aside from the 1 blind review on the budget cigar.

Some time ago when I was new to the site, they let me in a pass to get my feet wet

If you don't comply, I'll just have my cousin Vinny visit you :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

nwb

I'm in for sure!  Blind reviews are always fun. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

zac

QuoteDonM - 12/31/2010  9:08 PM

Quotezac - 12/31/2010  7:33 PM

I did not put any restrictions, so as long as you are willing to adhere to the guidelines, I see no problem.  The only thing I didn't want to see was dog rockets in the mix aside from the 1 blind review on the budget cigar.

Some time ago when I was new to the site, they let me in a pass to get my feet wet

If you don't comply, I'll just have my cousin Vinny visit you :biggrin:
No cement shoes for me!    :biggrin:

Thanks!

Shukpaw

Quotegitfiddl - 12/31/2010  5:21 PM

I appreciate the invite, but I think I'll pass on this one.  I don't think my palate is discerning or educated enough for a blind taste test and I'd hate to drag the rest down.

With Don letting me in, no one should worry about scraping the bottom of this one.  Half of you could beat me if you left the bands on and just cut off my access to the internet.  I'm doing this pass because it sounds fun and will probably introduce me to some cigars I haven't tried.  It's like a blind date with an okay girl, a medium girl, and a really pretty girl.  Besides my wife who is going to complain about that.  I'm just hoping to be able to figure out which is the low, medium, and high cigars.  I figure I'll just go with the exact opposite of what I think it is to increase my chances.  It's like my golf game.  People love playing with me.  I'm fun to be around for a few hours and I never beat anyone.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

DonM

Quotegitfiddl - 12/31/2010  8:21 PM

Dave, its all in fun and will be the first to admit I am a novice in blind reviews.  If you change your mind, you know you are welcome!

"The Curmudgeon"

BlackIrish

Thanks for the invite, Don.  Count me in!
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

gitfiddl

QuoteDonM - 1/1/2011  11:08 AM

Quotegitfiddl - 12/31/2010  8:21 PM

Dave, its all in fun and will be the first to admit I am a novice in blind reviews.  If you change your mind, you know you are welcome!

Well, then, fine.  Twist my arm, why dontcha! :biggrin:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

wlfwalleye

I ain't so good at these blind tastings, but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the invite Don.

DonM

Glad to see the great response and participation from all of you, and I see we twisted your arm Dave!

"The Curmudgeon"

gitfiddl

QuoteDonM - 1/1/2011  6:07 PM

Glad to see the great response and participation from all of you, and I see we twisted your arm Dave!

'Twas the $8 thing that threw me off.  Then I figured I could throw in four five-packs of White Owls and be good with that...
 :rolleyes:

87North

Thanks for the invite Don, but I think I'll lay low for a little bit and get things sorted out around here.  Hopefully I'll be all squared away when it comes time for Round Robin V.   :-)
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

DonM

Quotegitfiddl - 1/1/2011  7:11 PM

'Twas the $8 thing that threw me off.  Then I figured I could throw in four five-packs of White Owls and be good with that...

:mad: Those will be pineapple White owls, right?

"The Curmudgeon"

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

gitfiddl

QuoteDonM - 1/1/2011  9:24 PM

Of course.  They'll even be them what have the wood-tips! :rolleyes:

nwb

QuoteDonM - 1/1/2011  9:24 PM

Get ready for a truly pleasurable experience if you try the pineapple.  The rest of the White Owl taste like a$$...

:biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

DennisA

Request submitted. I realize that I've been mostly absent for the last several months, but I really enjoyed the last Round Robin that I participated in, and would like to give this round a shot.
Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.

Bob Cordell

Ok, what am I supposed to do?

:confused:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

DonM

QuoteDennisA - 1/2/2011  10:15 PM

Request submitted. I realize that I've been mostly absent for the last several months, but I really enjoyed the last Round Robin that I participated in, and would like to give this round a shot.

You are in!  We are up to 11 so far, I was targeting 15

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.