Karma 3 - Newbies Quest for Karma

Started by ratboy, 01/20/2011 09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratboy

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Karma 3 - Newbies Quest for Karma'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

I'm going to help out Jackal and run this new pass. Feel free to look over the previous 2 Karma passes to see what we are trying to accomplish. This is a fantastic way to earn some reputation with your fellow geeks. This is essentially the jumping point to get invited to some of the other passes. Feel free to PM me any questions you may have and please make sure to read the Pass Etiquette article. I hope everyone enjoys this and I look forward to seeing lots of our newer members participate.

Thanks!

Rich

metalhead y cigarguy

Since I've been around here for a little while; I figure now is as good as time as any to get in on a pass. If you'll have me I'm interested.

Do Swisher Sweets and Black & Milds count?  :confused:    
Just kidding!  :biggrin:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Herfin' Chef

I'm Game.

:bigthumbs:

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle." -George Burns
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

metalhead y cigarguy

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Hot Stuff x

this pass isn't really getting much member participation.    Come on noobs....or even old timers that haven't been involved in any passes.   Jump in the pool and have fun!

I might join this one soon Richard....best of luck getting a full roster of folks for your pass.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

goathead

i would like to try

i have 100% fee back on a gun forum and guns are worth more ;)

herfdude

I'm in......

If you'll have me  :cigarman:  :thumbsup:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=herfdude
"I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time."  Mark Twain

CigarFr34K

I wouldnt mind tryin this out. I would also understand my exclusion since I'm super new and all.
Steven

metalhead y cigarguy

:bump:  We  need a few more members for this pass.

ratboy

Definitely would like to get this going by the middle of next week at the latest. Would really like at least 2 more, so if you haven't done a pass please feel free to look over the etiquette post and join in. The more the merrier!  :biggrin: That being said, I will get this out by the end of next week even if no one else signs up. This really is a great way to try some new sticks and gain some rep with your fellow BOTL.

MiaFLSurf

Ive done this pass before, and although Im not a newbie anymore, if you need some more men, Ill be happy to jump in.

:)
110 hours a week.  52 weeks a year.

ratboy

I have put in a general stick list that I feel has a fair mix of my collection. That being said if people want me to include something that they would like to try and if I have it I would be willing to throw it in. I have just under 1k sticks so please put your requests within reason and I will try to accommodate it. Also, this is a reminder to please read the Pass Etiquette sticky. On that note we need to expect everyone to act accordingly and treat those down the line well. I'm sorry to have to mention this and certainly don't want to be a downer but there have been too many incidents of people not following proper etiquette. One more house keeping item, I would really like to get this out next week so anyone that's on the fence, please send me a request. We can always add on as it moves along but world prefer to have the roster fairly set before I ship everything out. Thanks everyone!

Jackal

That is quite an impressive list of sticks.  

People, please remember to replace cigars with ones that are individually of equal or greater value.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

ratboy

QuoteJackal - 2/9/2011  10:46 PM

That is quite an impressive list of sticks.  

People, please remember to replace cigars with ones that are individually of equal or greater value.[/QUOT

Do you think I should maybe offer some more "mid-range" and lower sticks. I don't mean "dog rockets" but maybe something a little lower on the price scale? I want the new people to have a good choice of sticks.

Jackal

I think that may be prudent.

The Monte, ESG, DCM and Liberty are pretty high end cigars.

You may want to look more toward Rocky Vintages or Fusions, Perdomos, Padillas and Alec Bradleys to make things still filled with good solid cigars, but more accessible to everyone.

ratboy

Ok...I will switch those out. Appreciate your input Jason.

Jackal

Let me know if you need an extra body in this pass.

ratboy

This will be going out Monday to Billy. Would like to have had a couple of more new people involved but I think we have enough to make it a good pass. Thanks everyone. I hope people enjoy it and get to try out some new sticks. As always please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

billy82

Saw the pass started.  Ill keep an eye one for the box on wed.  You have some nice sticks on the pass cant wait to them.
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

ratboy

Quotebilly82 - 2/14/2011  8:34 PM

Saw the pass started.  Ill keep an eye one for the box on wed.  You have some nice sticks on the pass cant wait to them.

Just as a heads up, I ended up over-nighting them so you should see them tomorrow. Enjoy!  :biggrin:

billy82

I will. :dancing:  I like a kid in a candy store, cant wait!
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun

billy82

Got the pass today around 1:30pm. will be sending it off to herfin' chef tomorrow.

ratboy

Sounds great. Glad you got it and thank you very much for the quick turn around.

billy82

Herfin' Chef

Got the pass, takes and puts updated, pillow refreshed, mailing via USPS, Thurs Feb 17.
Standby to receive, Carlo.
Carry on men...

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle." -George Burns
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.