Auction Handles

Started by nwb, 02/05/2011 03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

Keven (wescat) and I were talking today, and a good point came up.  What does everyone think about creating a list or spreadsheet with their usernames on the various auction sites?  This might prevent us from outbidding or sniping auctions off one another.

Just a thought... :confused:
Chief of Shaft

Beegerply

that would be interesting  :confused:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Dave S.

"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

Ken Kelley

I yam who I yam on all the auction sites I visit so you can write me down as me.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Brlesq

Good idea guys.  I'm Brlesq or bruce921
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

Ok.  If you want to participate, put your various names here.  I'll compile them and make some sort of list.
Chief of Shaft

wescat

I really like having this. We should also put on the list an email address that we actively monitor while bidding on cigars, so we can communicate quickly. Discuss who will drop out, maybe you buy the box and we'll split it, etc.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

lowpro75

I know nwb goes by bonereater on a couple sites.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

nwb

Quotelowpro75 - 2/5/2011  7:02 PM

I know nwb goes by bonereater on a couple sites.

And I know you go by sphincter.
Chief of Shaft

Shukpaw

I use Shukpaw on almost everything.  I was the only person who used that for years.  Now there is some guy using it on computer chat sites (literally sites where they discuss computers).  I should trademark it.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Bob Cordell

I'm "fukk you if you outbid me bish"

Yep, thats me so dont...

:mad:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

NES Tek

This forum went downhill FAST!!!

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

goathead

does c-bid automatically check you out when you win a auction or is it like JR you have to do it your self

87North

Quotegoathead - 2/5/2011  10:53 PM

does c-bid automatically check you out when you win a auction or is it like JR you have to do it your self

Cbid checks you out automatically depending on when you have your shipping set.  (It's best to use weekly shipping to save on shipping costs)  If you have weekly shipping set, it checks you out on Wed. night/ Thurs. morning when they ship.

I go by 87North everywhere that I bid.

Also, just to point out the hazards of this, I've been outbid on Cbid before on some RP Fusion torpedos by some guy going by BC of Elizabethton... :mad:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

cmmayo

I'm always cmmayo.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

metalhead y cigarguy

I'm only using Cbid right now. Don't tempt me with the other auction sites. From what I can see Cbid just uses your initials and your home town for winning bidders.  On Cbid you'll see me as BC of Camas, WA.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Hot Stuff x

I'm Hot Stuff x, same as here.

I don't use the other auction sites, but on Cigar Bid I aways put "Cigar Geek" in the comment box.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Robert LG

I only use Cbid so far and it will list me as RG of Deer Park, TX.  The email I would be monitoring would be robgilbert33@gmail.com
Great idea.  I know I refrained from bidding once when I saw nwb had bid on the lot.
Rob

Beegerply

I only use cbid so, I'm BR of Moilne Il any other site would be Beegerply
Byron

Hot Stuff x

QuoteBeegerply - 2/6/2011  11:45 PM

I only use cbid so, I'm BR of Moilne Il any other site would be Beegerply

Yeah, actually on Cbid it does show me a LC of APO AP in the bid box.   Again, I put "Cigar Geek" in the comment box, so should be no problem identifying I'm one of us!
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Beegerply

Les thats what we all should do when we have a bid on cbid is put cigar geek I like that
Byron

ljlemer

QuoteHot Stuff x - 2/6/2011  7:21 AM

I'm Hot Stuff x, same as here.

I don't use the other auction sites, but on Cigar Bid I aways put "Cigar Geek" in the comment box.

I always did that. Never ran into another, but I didn't check out the expensive stuff. When they changed the website, comments became less visible and I stopped. I'm ljlemer or LL of Greenacres, FL.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

lowpro75

When I bid on cbid I usually put CG or cigargeek in the comments.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

capndutch

I would be JJ of Elk Grove IL.

ljlemer

Have you noticed that the bidders' handles and especially comments are harder to find on cbid? They used to be in your face.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.