Cigar Shops and Bars Reviews

Started by SenorPablo, 03/24/2008 08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Hi folks.  Here is a forum for you to post experiences and opinions about cigar establishments you've been to.  We'll use this as a place to consolidate these until I have a section built out on the site for keeping them.

I would like to suggest that we have a thread for each place.  All reviews and opinions for that one place can be added to the thread.  The subject line for each thread could contain the name and locale of each place.  Don't forget to post the address and phone number if you have it.

Cheers!
-Paul

UPDATE:
Since we now have the Cigar Places section of the site, please be sure to enter your lounges there.  You are welcome to start threads about places here as well, but i'd also like to get all the lounges in the Cigar Places section.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

mhuss

Nice idea.  It'll certainly come in handy if I ever travel to someone's neighborhood.  Then I'll know where to go for some sticks.

kgoings

Quotemhuss - 3/24/2008 7:15 PM Nice idea. It'll certainly come in handy if I ever travel to someone's neighborhood. Then I'll know where to go for some sticks.

Thats exactly my thoughts! I have some training coming up...not sure where I will take it but can pretty much do it anywhere...so it would be nice to find some shops in the area to spend the companies dime on smokes...errr I mean dinner ;-)

Duker511

My local shop is in the owners house. When you walk in the door, he gets out of his chair in the living room. His entire inventory fits in two large display cases on either side of the small room. Other than that he has a cash box(no register) and a stool in the room. The only other place near me to buy premium cigars is a Mobil gas station belive it or not. :confused: Not much to review.
Tim

CigarJeeper

ok i'm not big on zombie threads but i did a search and couldn't find an answer and this is the only place i can think of to ask with out starting a completely new thread on what maybe an old question. about how long does it take for a cigar places submission to show up on the places list?

hebron

QuoteCigarJeeper - 6/17/2014  4:33 PM

ok i'm not big on zombie threads but i did a search and couldn't find an answer and this is the only place i can think of to ask with out starting a completely new thread on what maybe an old question. about how long does it take for a cigar places submission to show up on the places list?
Cigar places shows up immediately after it's submitted.
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

CigarJeeper

Ok if thats how its meant to work then something is not working right. i've submitted 5 places that i frequent  but none have shown up on the list.. though my profile does say i'm submitted 5. i've logged out, cleared my cashe and all that good stuff. I just though it should be known.

hebron

QuoteCigarJeeper - 6/17/2014  5:05 PM

Ok if thats how its meant to work then something is not working right. i've submitted 5 places that i frequent  but none have shown up on the list.. though my profile does say i'm submitted 5. i've logged out, cleared my cashe and all that good stuff. I just though it should be known.
What county and city?
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

nwb

Please let us know which ones were submitted.  State, city, and the name of the place.
Chief of Shaft

CigarJeeper

sent a PM to Nwb with the details.

nwb

Reply sent.  They are in the database.
Chief of Shaft

Cigary

This has always been something I love since I travel a lot and end up in places where I wish I knew where a good local B&M is.  I usually do my homework before I travel looking for them but having a list of places with reviews....that's just gravy.  A friend of mine did this years ago and developed a site where a lot of people gave reviews and it was really great but went the way that most of these places go...out of business.

Vroomp

Some states have multiple pages and the page numbers are down low towards the bottom...... :biggrin:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

nwb

QuoteVroomp - 6/17/2014  1:20 PM
Some states have multiple pages and the page numbers are down low towards the bottom...... :biggrin:

Yup. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.