Side Track Tobacco

Started by NewGuy, 03/24/2008 08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewGuy

State Street
Bristol, VA

Uniquely located on State Street where the center line of the street is also the VA/TN State line. The rear of the shop serves as a smokers lounge with chairs tables and large screen TV. In the center of the store is a sizable well stocked walk-in humidor along with sundry cigar supply. The knowledgable and friendly staff are known for pulling together extraordinary "smokers" with great food and lots of BOTL (and SOTL). Pipes and supplies are also specialties of the Side Track with President Gerald Ford one of the celebraties who regularly purchased the "My Blend" pipe tobacco. Lottery tickets and an cold soft drinks round out the offerings of this local smokers respite.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Turboknat

Sounds like a cool spot.

Bob Cordell

I've never seen that place Rack, is it on the Va. or Tn. side? Whats it near? Is it towards Morrell Music or down on the end where the  "Welcome to Bristol" Sign is?

I would be coming in on the Volunteer Parkway...right or left?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

NewGuy

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/24/2008  9:55 PM

I've never seen that place Rack, is it on the Va. or Tn. side? Whats it near? Is it towards Morrell Music or down on the end where the  "Welcome to Bristol" Sign is?

Really close to the iconic "Bristol a Good Place to Live" sign spanning State Street, on the VA side. Usually a Cigar banner on the walk out front and extra parking in the rear. I think the name originated when the shop first opened in the old train station beside the "Bristol" sign.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

QuoteTurboknat - 3/24/2008  9:55 PM

Sounds like a cool spot.

It is Clint and not too far from I-81 if you're traveling through.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Bob Cordell

I gotcha, I know the general area. I will check it out the next time I'm over that way...

NewGuy

Bob this a must stop for you , I thot you knew of it or I would of mentioned it sooner. It's across the street from the Paramount Theatre.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Bob Cordell

I know exactly where you are talking about, I've saw several shows at the Paramount. Merle Haggard was great there, I love the acoustics of that place.

NewGuy

The Side Track is close to home but I visited some cool places I would also like post while on vacation in Florida. Are sites visited approved for points or just the local joints?

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

SenorPablo

QuoteNewGuy - 4/7/2008  8:30 PM

The Side Track is close to home but I visited some cool places I would also like post while on vacation in Florida. Are sites visited approved for points or just the local joints?

Rack

Any place you've been to that you can given an opinion on are fair game.  I do a fair amount of travel and plan to visit and post as many places as I can.  Next week is King of Prussia, PA.  I've got my eye one a place recommended by a friend in the mall of all places.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Bob Cordell

Hey Rack, maybe we could meet up over there at some point and share a smoke!

NewGuy

We gotta do that at some point Bob, it's a neat place.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

The Side Track is going to have a big smoker on Saturday, April 26. I'll be out of town but they usually have great events. Tickets are on sale now.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

mhuss

QuoteSenorPablo - 4/7/2008  8:58 PM
Any place you've been to that you can given an opinion on are fair game.  I do a fair amount of travel and plan to visit and post as many places as I can.  Next week is King of Prussia, PA.  I've got my eye one a place recommended by a friend in the mall of all places.

Would that happen to be International Tobacco?  And by the way, KofP is only about a half-hour drive for me.  Would you be interested in meeting somewhere?  Or is that too forward?   :crazy: I don't wanna creep you out!   ;-)

Bob Cordell

I'll be out of town myself, were taking a fly fishing trip to Tellico Plains! I wish I was going to be here...

cpfrombv

QuoteNewGuy - 3/24/2008  8:51 PM

State Street
Bristol, VA

Uniquely located on State Street where the center line of the street is also the VA/TN State line. The rear of the shop serves as a smokers lounge with chairs tables and large screen TV. In the center of the store is a sizable well stocked walk-in humidor along with sundry cigar supply. The knowledgable and friendly staff are known for pulling together extraordinary "smokers" with great food and lots of BOTL (and SOTL). Pipes and supplies are also specialties of the Side Track with President Gerald Ford one of the celebraties who regularly purchased the "My Blend" pipe tobacco. Lottery tickets and an cold soft drinks round out the offerings of this local smokers respite.

Rack

They have also been designated as one of only 2 Diamond Crown Lounges in the state of VA.
The "Smoker" for it was held Saturday and Bobby Newman was on hand to give out the door prizes that were given away.
If you are ever in the area, don't hesitate to come in and see the gang. :-)
I work at a cigar store. You still think you have a better job?

junglepete

I'm heading to a place in Toronto next week that's called Frank Correnti Cigars Ltd. They roll and sell their own brand of all cuban tobacco cigars called "Redencion". It is the first cigar in our database that lists Canada as the place of origin. The guy imports cuban tobacco and rolls them right in Toronto. Could be interesting.

http://www.correnticigars.com/index.php
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.