JR Cigars...Burlington, NC

Started by Bob Cordell, 03/24/2008 09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Cordell

First of all the place looks like a Walmart, they sell everything from clothing to perfume to golf clubs. You walk in and take a left till you see the large wooden room...the walk-in humidor. The room is about 100' x 50'.

The first thing that hits you is the smell...Good Lord! What a aroma! You will also notice the mist coming out of the ceiling from the humidification systems.

There are shelves of bundles and boxes everywhere. You will want to work your way to the cabinets surrounding the cash register, thats where the best smokes are. The guys there are always puffing on some really great smelling smoke are very knowledgeable about the selection and are eager to help. They turned me on the the El Ray del Mundos that I love so much...
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Sticks

Bob, I'm reading this at work and I almost have tears in my eyes. I have always wanted to stop in there and see that place for myself.  I bet it was quite and experience.

Bob Cordell

You betcha!!!!!!!!

I'll be back there in the fall and you can be assured we will stop in for a box or so...
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Turboknat

I have never seen the one in Burlington, NC, but I have visited the one in Statesville, NC several times, as it is just about 25 minutes north of me.  They are laid out about the same, and the one I go to sounds almost exactly like you describe the one in Burlington.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.