TTT Cigar #3

Started by ljlemer, 03/25/2008 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljlemer

When can I smoke #3? Tomorrow is the latest until next Tuesday.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

kgoings

It looks like they started doing more than one a week, so smoke em if you got em. I can't tonight I am in meetings till late and then I got to be to work super early tomorrow

NewGuy

Let it rip Larry. The rest of us may not get around to #3 yet but if you're ready have at it!  :cigarman:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 3/25/2008  9:16 PM

Let it rip Larry. The rest of us may not get around to #3 yet but if you're ready have at it!  :cigarman:

Rack

Emind was online but didn't answer this question. I'll defer to him. I still have tomorrow.

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

Cool. YOu could smoke it now and take notes to post later if emind wants to postpone the #3 reviews.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 3/26/2008  7:56 PM

Cool. YOu could smoke it now and take notes to post later if emind wants to postpone the #3 reviews.

Rack

That's an idea I had not considered.  :hitme: Thank you. :thanx:

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

What the heck. I just smoked #3 and I'll give my report now.

Around midnight. Diet soda.

Apperance/Construction of cigar: Rating: 10

Prelight notes: Rating: 10

First third notes: Rating: 10

Second third notes:  Rating: 10

Third third notes:  Rating: 9

Score: 98

Fantastic cigar! Reminded me of the Pinar 3000. Last third blew hot. Otherwise perfect in every respect. I definitely want more of these!

Thomas Mann

emind56

Quoteljlemer - 3/25/2008  10:55 PM

QuoteNewGuy - 3/25/2008  9:16 PM

Rack

Emind was online but didn't answer this question. I'll defer to him. I still have tomorrow.

go for it!!! smoke 'em if you got 'em thats what I always say.

emind56

Quoteljlemer - 3/26/2008  10:43 PM

What the heck. I just smoked #3 and I'll give my report now.

Around midnight. Diet soda.

Apperance/Construction of cigar: Rating: 10

Prelight notes: Rating: 10

First third notes: Rating: 10

Second third notes:  Rating: 10

Third third notes:  Rating: 9

Score: 98

Fantastic cigar! Reminded me of the Pinar 3000. Last third blew hot. Otherwise perfect in every respect. I definitely want more of these!

Damn, I'm falling behind, I can't wait to get to this one sounds great.

ljlemer

Quoteemind56 - 3/27/2008  1:16 AM

Damn, I'm falling behind, I can't wait to get to this one sounds great.

I liked it even better than #1. What are you up to?

Thomas Mann

emind56

I've just been working a ton.   I'm sure it will calm down soon and I'll be able to get back to important things like posting on cigar BB  :confused:

NewGuy

I lit into to number three around 7PM out doors with a cup of joe. It was cold and i made trips inside to warm up between smoking sessions.

The appearance was adequate in every manner but not special. Construction was quality without defect. 9

Prelight was highlighted by a smooth rich aroma and draw was tight 9

First third was spicy and then ok. Hindered by a tight draw 7

Second third did not loosen up much even after proping to unclog. Flavor did pick up, however 7

Last third was lacking in smoke volume and a tarry taste developed, required relight  5

Overall experience was offset by the aggrevation of a plugged cigar 5

Average 7

Bummer! I'd only give this thing a 3 star rating in our database.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 3/27/2008  8:48 PM

I lit into to number three around 7PM out doors with a cup of joe. It was cold and i made trips inside to warm up between smoking sessions.

The appearance was adequate in every manner but not special. Construction was quality without defect. 9

Prelight was highlighted by a smooth rich aroma and draw was tight 9

First third was spicy and then ok. Hindered by a tight draw 7

Second third did not loosen up much even after proping to unclog. Flavor did pick up, however 7

Last third was lacking in smoke volume and a tarry taste developed, required relight  5

Overall experience was offset by the aggrevation of a plugged cigar 5

Average 7

Bummer! I'd only give this thing a 3 star rating in our database.

Rack

I wonder if we are all smoking the same cigar. After all, at some point we all have to smoke a different cigar in order to complete the swap. Think about it.

Thomas Mann

Bob Cordell

I'll get on # 3 this weekend, maybe all of them. I was busy running the daughter all night tonight...supper, volley ball practice, grocery store, etc...

I like the mixed reviews!

Emind needs to get on # 2 so I can reveal...a surprise awaits!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

ljlemer

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/27/2008  10:47 PM

I'll get on # 3 this weekend, maybe all of them. I was busy running the daughter all night tonight...supper, volley ball practice, grocery store, etc...

I like the mixed reviews!

Emind needs to get on # 2 so I can reveal...a surprise awaits!

You already know #2 is yours? Then what did you get for #2? I mean, don't reveal anything we're not ready to know. Is there a number 5? If there is, it must be mine.

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

YOu got it Larry!

I've got a # 5 waiting for me!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Bob Cordell

Yes, apparently #2 was mine...as I understand it.

The cigar I chose was already reviewed by two of the participants, thats why I put them in. You'll be surprised at the differences in reviews! Thats a clue...the two reviews by two of you guys in the TTT pass...

Emind needs to smoke it before the reveal!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 3/27/2008  11:21 PM

YOu got it Larry!

I've got a # 5 waiting for me!

Rack

No, YOU got it. I supplied it.

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/27/2008  11:38 PM

Yes, apparently #2 was mine...as I understand it.

The cigar I chose was already reviewed by two of the participants, thats why I put them in. You'll be surprised at the differences in reviews! Thats a clue...the two reviews by two of you guys in the TTT pass...

Emind needs to smoke it before the reveal!

The first two did not yield a cigar I could review for the database. The identity of the first is still in question and the second I already, purportedly, reviewed. I hope the third and forth with be different in that respect.

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

I think you will be able to add to the database your review of #4  :shades:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

emind56

Siitting down right now to smoke #3:

Its about 4:30 pm, I've had two smokes today, but its been awhile.
I'll be varying between watching the UCLA game inside the house and sitting on the back porch.  I'll be drinking some coffee while smokeing

Prelight:  This is a nice looking medium brown torp.  Boxpressed with one big vein, nothing that really takes away from the nice oily apperance of the cigar.  A nice subtle fruited sweetness to the prelight draw which is ample.   The prelight reminds me of the RP Vintage 92 line, maybe thats what I'm smokng here :confused:
8/10

1st Third: As the first third starts out theres a medium tobbaco flavor, surrounded by a subtle sweetness and a elusive spice.   The first third stayed consistent throughout... A nice medium bodied straight tobbaco flavor, with hints of spice and a subtle sweetness.  The flavor reminds me of a sumatran or possibly a corojo wrapper (like the early punch rare corojo).  Not saying thats what it is, just the flavor I'm picking up.
7/10

2nd third:  More of the same flavors but adding in some cedar and a nice earthyness.  Strength picking up.   As the second third progressed some nice bean flavors picked up

3rd third:  Wow, what a great 15 minutes of smoking.  Very complex earthy tobbaco flavors.  Bean flavors (coco, and coffee), with a nice sweetness.  Strength picked up, still medium but very enjoyable.
9/10

If the first 2 thirds were as good as the third this would be a classic.  A little mild in the begining but would be good for the mornings
I have to give this a 7.5/10

NewGuy

Will the reveal follow the completion of the review?

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

emind56

you'll have to talk to Kgoings this one was his.

ljlemer

Quoteemind56 - 3/29/2008  7:40 PM

Boxpressed with one big vein.

The only box-pressed I smoked was a maduro torpedo. Are we talking about that cigar?

Thomas Mann

emind56

yup...a box pressed torp

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.