Beer bomb

Started by NES Tek, 03/22/2011 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NES Tek

Bryan...you devil! I was expecting the PIF last night, but was surprised when my wife told me I had not one, but TWO packages at home. I knew this had to be more than just cigars as it was labeled fragile (fragile - I think that's Italian). I opened up the box and...WOW! Not only were there three great cigars, but also a bottle of beer that I am still drooling over!

Bryan, you rock!!! Thanks!!!

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

nwb

Chief of Shaft

billy82

But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

Shukpaw

:thumbsup:  Bryan is raising the bar and the shipping costs.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

87North

QuoteShukpaw - 3/22/2011  12:23 PM

:word:   Good going Bryan...  Now if somebody would just ship me a sixer of Yeungling.  I've been craving some but can't get it out here... :sad:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Bob Cordell

Thats the coolest bomb ever!

Beer bombs, just think of it...

Beers falling like so many nickels and dimes...

:biggrin:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

akira

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Beegerply

Well done, very very well done  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

lowpro75

Awesome and creative.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

lowpro75

Maybe I'll send a hooker bomb to Bob.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

metalhead y cigarguy

Quotelowpro75 - 3/22/2011  11:23 AM

Maybe I'll send a hooker bomb to Bob.

I'm sure he would appreciate it it.  :biggrin:

As for the bomb I was so concerned about the packaging and making sure it was secure that I forgot to put the note inside. I wasn't about to re-open it and do it again.

The cigars are: Indian Tabac Classic Corojo Chief, Joya de Nicaragua Antano Machito, Padilla Serie 68 Robusto. The beer is Quilter's Irish Death from Iron Horse Brewery here in Washington State. It's hard to tell from Nick's pic but it's a 22 oz bottle, so there's plenty to drink. Enjoy Nick!  :smoker:  :beer:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteShukpaw - 3/22/2011  10:23 AM

It was definitely more than just shipping a few cigars, but that's okay. It's deserving for those who have received one (Nick) and to the other individual who shall be receiving it in a couple days.   :rocker:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Robert LG

Quote87North - 3/22/2011  12:31 PM

:word:   Good going Bryan...  Now if somebody would just ship me a sixer of Yeungling.  I've been craving some but can't get it out here... :sad:

I used to have a buddy who would grab some Yeungling for me when he went to Alabama.  I haven't had any in years now.  Good stuff.  They should definitely sell it in Texas.
Rob

lowpro75

QuoteRobert LG - 3/22/2011  4:12 PM

I used to have a buddy who would grab some Yeungling for me when he went to Alabama.  I haven't had any in years now.  Good stuff.  They should definitely sell it in Texas.

Yeungling is brewed in PA.  It was considered a good cheap beer in college, both the black and tan and lager.  Prices have gone up along with its popularity.  We used to be able to get a keg for $35 bucks, Milwaukee's Best (the Beast) was around $28 bucks a keg.  We had a kegerator, so a keg would usually last use about 2-3 weeks if it was just the 4 guys who lived there drinking.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

kennyg

Beer Boms, coffee bombs, cigar bombs WOW  Nick, you are not safe on ANY front !

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
KennyG : )

87North

QuoteRobert LG - 3/22/2011  3:12 PM

I couldn't agree more.  My best friend lives in FL and thats what we drink a lot of when I visit him.  I kinda got a liking for it.  I'd gladly trade some Shiner for it....
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

nwb

Quotelowpro75 - 3/22/2011  4:34 PM
Yeungling is brewed in PA.  It was considered a good cheap beer in college, both the black and tan and lager.  Prices have gone up along with its popularity.  We used to be able to get a keg for $35 bucks, Milwaukee's Best (the Beast) was around $28 bucks a keg.  We had a kegerator, so a keg would usually last use about 2-3 weeks if it was just the 4 guys who lived there drinking.

Yeungling wasn't distributed in GA until a couple of years ago, so it was always my drink of choice when traveling.

As for those keg prices, that's crazy!  The cheapest keg when I was in college was $55 for PBR.
Chief of Shaft

NES Tek

I brought this over so akira could try this as well, We sat down yesterday afternoon with a glass each, as well as a Padron Family Reserve #44. What a pair! They worked so well together. And a great way to relax on a Saturday afternoon.

This beer is now one of my new favorites! It has so much flavor, and very unique for a dark beer. It had a heavy feel, but not the normal heavy flavor you would expect in such a dark beer.

A HUGE thanks to Bryan! This was an amazing treat!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

metalhead y cigarguy

I never thought I would like a dark beer but this stuff is great. I enjoyed mine with a Padron as well and it was a perfect pair.

vw77guy

MMMMMMMMM. Dark Irish Beer.  Is there anything better?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.