Pass from Canada to U.S

Started by horrido, 03/30/2011 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrido

Hi All,

A question I was pondering.....ummm I was reading about the Pass thingy and thought has this been done across borders or not? It would be interesting and I think some of you guys would like that option but has it been done before? What are the implications?

BTW, does LowPro75 believe in Martians and what size is the tin hat he has..... :lmao: I thought the monkey zebra and motorcycle mating thing was pretty interesting.

Regards,

Horrido
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Vanilla Gorilla

I'm from Ottawa and I participated in a pass last fall, there were a few issues, but nothing we couldn't overcome. I've had packages go back and forth from the states multiple times, sometimes there are delays (me and Kola are prime example of that) but they usually find their desinations. What we did was when I participated in the pass I picked ONLY the cigars I was interested in, Neil (Shukpaw) sent me my takes and sent Chris (Voexum) the rest of the pass. From there when my takes arrived I sent Voexum (who was next to recieve the pass) my puts and the pass continued from there. It takes time, but if people are patient enough it works in the end.

I tried to organize a Canadian pass last fall, maybe we could revisit that option too...

Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

horrido

This sounds like a great idea! I would be interested in it since there is many cigars I want to try. I mostly have Cubans but I am trying to branch out soon. Expecting a cigar shipment from a friend going to Jamaica hopefully some nice surprises.

Regards,

Horrido
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Vanilla Gorilla

If you're looking to try new cigars I might suggest what I've done over the past couple months. I went out and made a thread in the buy/sell forum saying that I was looking to purchase excess cigars from people looking to thin out their numbers. Within days I had received about 10 emails from members here sending me lists, or asking me to look at their online humidors. I picked the cigars I was interested in, and have since built up a collection of a WIDE variety of cigars so a real decent price too (Especially for us Canadians)

If you are interested in a Canadian pass, I know that there are a few Canadian's on here, some of which are fairly close I know Pinky is from Ottawa too, and Pete is about a couple hours away from me. The pass would work, we just need people to commit to it.

Robert LG

Quotehorrido - 3/30/2011  6:23 PM

I mostly have Cubans

Regards,

Horrido

I'm in!! :biggrin:
Rob

horrido

I am very interested let's make it happen I guess I better get my inventory up....lol

Horrido otherwise known as Mark.
-- Cuban saying

horrido

Thanks for the info

Horrido
-- Cuban saying

Shukpaw

Read this page and the next and you can get a feel for how the pass did going through Canada.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=6024.0
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

goathead

Quotehorrido - 3/30/2011 9:57 PM Thanks for the info Horrido

mark i think we may try this

horrido

If  I beleive if the guys in Canada such as VG and me and some others we could be on the tail end so all cigars do not get taken at the boarder and we could just select near the one or two and send back the one or two depending on how this works and of course a few un-banded will find their way there .... :shy:
-- Cuban saying

Vanilla Gorilla

It's been a long time since I've done a pass, but I'd be more than willing to participate. With the stash of cigars that I have on hand it wouldn't cost me anywhere near as much as it did last time!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.