Fairport NY new cigar shop called "Smoke Shop"

Started by kennyg, 04/06/2011 08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennyg

Today I took a ride out to a cigar store in Fairport NY. The store is called "Smoke Shop".

OK so with a name like that I wasn't sure what to expect, but the place is 100% a cigar shop. If I was to tell you the kind of store it is, I would say it looks like a guy grew his love for cigars into a DBA Doing Business As company. The entire place is about 500 square feet but it's a pretty nice place.

One register,  a large walk in humidor, a round table for 4 people to sit at and smoke, leather swivel chairs, and on the table are cigar magazines, ashtrays and company matches.

Off to one side is an area setup to relax and smoke. A leather couch, 2 leather chairs, a coffee table, ashtrays...not little ones but ashtrays made for sitting a cigar in. Cigar magazines, and a 40 inch flat screen tv.  They had golf on when I was in there today.

The humidor had a good assortment of cigars, ranging in price from $6.00 up to $22.00
About 20 or 30 brands to choose from, all displayed where you could look at them and pick em up and examine them.

This was not a construction worker hangout though. The three cars in the parking lot were a Range Rover, a Lexus, and an Accura.

I talked with the owner a bit, and bought a single stick to add to my humidor. A. Turrent Triple play Maduro Toro. Very nice looking stick.

I sat on the leather couch and smokes a cigar I brought with me, and the owner and another guy chit chatted about golf.

If any of you are ever in western NY, you'll have to stop by and have a gar there.

The address is 35 Jefferson Ave  Fairport NY.

Here in Rochester (Fairport) the winters are long, it's nice to have a few spots to retreat to for smoking a cigar, I am adding this place to my list of occasional stops.
KennyG : )

nwb

Sounds like a nice place.  Did you add it to "Cigar Places"?
Chief of Shaft

kennyg

Quotenwb - 4/6/2011  9:27 PM

No I need to get the phone number, I realized I didn't get that today when I was there. Once I have that I'll add it to cigar places  :biggrin:

Brlesq

Quotekennyg - 4/6/2011  11:30 PM

Quotenwb - 4/6/2011  9:27 PM

No I need to get the phone number, I realized I didn't get that today when I was there. Once I have that I'll add it to cigar places  :biggrin:

Here's the number: (585) 388-0398

Now get crackin' on that update, young whippersnapper!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

vw77guy

It's been years since I've been in that part of the country.  I have family inthe seneca finger lake region.  I do remember the winters being long, so I'm glad you found a place to sit for a smoke.

horrido

Man I don't see many places like that in my neck of the woods - its like its a sin to smoke a cigar and drink whiskey and go on a rampage...I don't understand what is wrong with that..... :confused:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

kennyg

Here's another detail about this cigar shop, they have "lockers" available in a humidified room, so you can store some smokes on site !  Very nice feature.

:biggrin:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.