A Bomb Falls on Denton...

Started by hardeveningsuburb, 06/28/2011 08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardeveningsuburb

I've received notice of a bomb falling on my address in Denton, Texas.  Thankfully, I'm in California visiting my folks and am unhurt by this unforeseen blast.  The poor guy who checks my mail in my absence found the package and opened it (with my permission, and yes, the guilt overwhelms me as I type this) only to have his mind literally blown out of his head by Herb's explosive generosity.  

Since I'm not there I couldn't take pictures, but my friend (now scarred for life, thanks Herb) reports that the package contained an Oliva Serie G, a Punch, a Gran Habano and one other cigar whose name I can't remember at present time (he told me of the contents over the phone).  My friend doesn't know cigar sizes so he couldn't give me much information in that regard, but he described them as "short."  But that isn't even the best part.  Herb also apparently sent me an actual humidor because he had read that I only have tupperdors.  I can't accurately report on the size of the humidor, but to know that I now possess a real humidor at all is a tremendous feeling.  The fact that it was his first humidor that he purchased (and subsequently outgrew) leaves me feeling even more honored.  

So thank you, Herb.  Your generosity is truly overwhelming, and you better keep a lookout for bombs over Gig Harbor as soon as I get back to my arsenal in Texas.  You have been warned.  

"After people get to know me, they all say I drink a lot of beer. I don't deny it either. Why should I? I'm not ashamed of beer." - Richard Brautigan

billy82

Nice bomb!! Great job Herb!
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

nwb

Very nice!  We expect pictures upon your return. :shades:
Chief of Shaft

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

hardeveningsuburb

Quotenwb - 6/28/2011  8:55 PM

Very nice!  We expect pictures upon your return. :shades:

It shall be done.  I get back on the 9th of July, and not long after pictures will be posted.
"After people get to know me, they all say I drink a lot of beer. I don't deny it either. Why should I? I'm not ashamed of beer." - Richard Brautigan

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

kcramer

Sounds good to me.  Are ya gonna share :confused:

Robert LG

Rob

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

metalhead y cigarguy

I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

cmmayo

--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Shukpaw

I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Jackal

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

JeffyB

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

87North

Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

cocon

Good strike, way to help out a CG Bro'!! :biggrin:
WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

MT21

I'm glad that everything arrived safely.

I can't remember the fourth cigar either.   :confused:

Have a safe flight home.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

hardeveningsuburb

QuoteHerb - 6/30/2011  12:23 AM

I'm glad that everything arrived safely.

I can't remember the fourth cigar either.   :confused:

Have a safe flight home.

I'll let you know when I know.  Really, thanks again man.  I can't wait to get home and set up the humidor!

87North

Wow, that fourth cigar must really not be all that memorable... :confused:  :biggrin:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

MT21

Actually, I think it was a La Aurora 1495 but I'm just not sure.  It definitely wasn't a dog rocket.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.