B&M only ten minutes from my house

Started by cmmayo, 07/08/2011 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmmayo

As many of you know, I just moved into a new house outside of San Antonio. SA has a lot of great cigar stores, but moving meant I'm 30+ minutes from most of them. Not bad, but I knew there was a newer store that had opened in this area. I had been there before, but it seemed out of the way, even though it was somewhat close.

What I didn't know until I checked the map today was that the road I live off of affords me a back way to this store and it is literally just a ten minute drive from my house. Great selection, too. Lots of Tats and Illusione limited issues.

I may be in trouble.  :shades:

Picked up:
Illusione Cruzado Marios
Illusione Epernay Le Ferme
Tatuaje La Verite 2009 Robusto
and at 30% off, an El Titan de Bronze Redemption Maduro Corona

They have poker on Thursday nights, and do not charge to sit and smoke, as long as you bought it there. Oh, and for a nominal charge, you can leave one of your humidors there on one of their shelves, instead of renting lockers.

Pretty cool place. Used to be a body shop, so they have a car theme, with old car parts as ashtrays and seats out of cars to sit in.   :thumbsup:

It's called C.I.G.A.R. UC (Universal City) and it is my new hangout.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

DonM

Sounds like a nice place. We have alot of B&M s but the good ones are at least 30 minutes. It's worth the drive

"The Curmudgeon"

lubrix

Sounds like a cool place with cool people.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

cocon

A nice B&M close by, sweet!!  I have to cross the stateline to get to the closest one, your lucky! :rolleyes:
WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

lowpro75

10 mins?  That sounds pretty far to me. :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Robert LG

Corey, I'm staying 5 days in SA in August.  I will be on the Northern Hills Golf Course in a condo.  Are there any good shops close to there?
Rob

cmmayo

QuoteRobert LG - 7/8/2011  6:43 PM

Corey, I'm staying 5 days in SA in August.  I will be on the Northern Hills Golf Course in a condo.  Are there any good shops close to there?

Robert, it looks like you'll be right off of Thousand Oaks. The closest GOOD cigar store nearby is the original location of the trio of stores called C.I.G.A.R. at 2235 Thousand Oaks #104, San Antonio, TX. This one has the Diamond Crown lounge, so you'll have to buy a day pass to get inside to smoke.
http://www.cigar-sa.com/

You won't be that far from my place. Maybe by then I will have built up the Bat Cave a bit more.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

horrido

You are all so lucky, enough said.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

cmmayo

Also check out:

Club Humidor (have found here: Winston Churchill, Opus X, Anejo, Flying Pig, and Dirty Rat--no charge smoking area)
255 E Basse Rd # 546
San Antonio, TX 78209-8345
clubhumidor.com

&

Cigar Pointe LLC (have found many Viaje, Tats--no charge to smoke there)
19186 Blanco Rd Ste 101, San Antonio, TX 78258
cigarpointe.com

& (of course)

Fincks Cigar Factory Outlet (found Anejos and lots of decent inexpensive sticks--plus free smoking lounge and great crowd)
6100 West Avenue
San Antonio, TX 78213-2312

so there's your SA cigar buying guide. This, Google Maps, and a BUNCH of cash and you are set.

:biggrin:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Robert LG

Thanks Corey!!  I'll be there the 8th-13th.  It would be cool if we could hook up for a herf.  Hopefully I'll have time.  My six year old has a lot planned for me.
Rob

87North

Thats pretty cool Corey.  I'm pretty sure it's a good thing that there aren't any B&M's closer to me.  As it is, Miss linda took a look at the stack of tupperadors on top of my coolerador the other day in the closet, and remarked "I think you stash is starting to get out of hand".   :-(
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

horrido

Ok, I am crying now no B&M in my area or even around for 100 KM this definitely sucks big ass. :cry:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

horrido

Quote87North - 7/9/2011  10:50 AM

Thats pretty cool Corey.  I'm pretty sure it's a good thing that there aren't any B&M's closer to me.  As it is, Miss linda took a look at the stack of tupperadors on top of my coolerador the other day in the closet, and remarked "I think you stash is starting to get out of hand".   :-(

Just a note no stash is ever out of hand.......my wife said I better not order more or she will ban me to the shed. my son-in law told me he just got 2 packages for me so this will be interesting. Shed or Package ummmm Shed or Package..........I`ll find out on Sunday.
-- Cuban saying

87North

Quotehorrido - 7/9/2011  3:49 PM

Just a note no stash is ever out of hand.......my wife said I better not order more or she will ban me to the shed. my son-in law told me he just got 2 packages for me so this will be interesting. Shed or Package ummmm Shed or Package..........I`ll find out on Sunday.

Hope you have internet in the shed... :lmao:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

ntanner

Quote87North - 7/9/2011  3:18 PM

Quotehorrido - 7/9/2011  3:49 PM

Hope you have internet in the shed... :lmao:
:word:  :word:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

wlfwalleye

Very Nice Corey!    

My (LOCAL) B&M is over a 2 1/2 hour drive away. :-(

nwb

Sounds like a nice place, Corey.  Say goodbye to more disposable income... :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

cmmayo

QuoteRobert LG - 7/9/2011  7:10 AM

Thanks Corey!!  I'll be there the 8th-13th.  It would be cool if we could hook up for a herf.  Hopefully I'll have time.  My six year old has a lot planned for me.

PM sent!

Look forward to meeting you, Rob.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Brlesq

Glad you have that so close by.  Very convenient.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Shukpaw

Quotelowpro75 - 7/8/2011  4:09 PM

10 mins?  That sounds pretty far to me. :biggrin:

My local B&M is 10 minutes away - if I walk.  The only retail establishments that are closer are Wal-Mart, the gun shop, the massage parlor, and the adult video store.  I need to move to a better neighborhood.

Corey, I'm glad you found a good place close.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Hot Stuff x

Next time I'm in Texas I'll have to drive down to San Anton' and have you give me a tour of the B&Ms down there...
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Ken Kelley

That's good and bad for you Corey. Good for your convenience but bad for your finances. My closest store is in Lexington, about 60 miles from the holler.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

ntanner

convenience can get expensive. but it is great. :dancing:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.