JRs in Whippany, NJ

Started by SenorPablo, 07/18/2011 06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

So I was traveling again this week.  This time I find myself in Morristown, NJ.  I decided to check our Cigar Places for anything near there.  Nothin listed that's close.  I ask the hotel door guy about any cigar places and he mentions this place - JRs in Whippany - a 10 minute cab ride.  Holy crap!  What a great place.  I can't believe no one added it to our directory - I'll be sure to do that.  They have a full bar, restaurant, and huge shop.  The bartender tells me it's the only JRs left that still has a bar.  A ver cool place.  I'll take some pics of this monster and post later.

Cheers!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

mike46

How many JR's of this type are there I wonder?  I think the old New York City outlet is now called Midtown Cigars, not sure if they are still really JR's or not, maybe somebody knows.  Anyone fill us in on how many JR outlets there are and where they are?  I wonder if they are like a franchise, a guy would never know these days.

:confused:  :confused:  :confused:

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

cocon

So there is something worth going to Jersey for!  :lmao:
WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

dwig

Quotecocon - 7/18/2011  6:55 PM

So there is something worth going to Jersey for!  :lmao:

X2
 :lmao:  :lmao:
I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say:  Hey look.  That one is shaped like an idiot!"

nwb

Very cool - looking forward to the pics.

As for the outlets, I've been to one in Burlington, NC.  I also know there is one in Washington, DC.
Chief of Shaft

horrido

Its great to find the gems in any city.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

lubrix

Very cool!.Waiting for pics.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

SenorPablo

Ok.  Got home and pulled the pics off my phone.  Here's a sample of the place.  It is just huge.  There also some non-tobacco shop (the call it a perfume shop, but it just looked like a regular gift shop to me) and other areas I didn't see.

The Cigar shop.  Just huge!

They also have a pretty good Wine Shop

The Dining Room

My room - the bar.

Familiar quotes I feel like we've seen before.  These were some of the front Windows...

Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

NES Tek

Very cool looking place!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

nwb

Looks nice!  Let's just say the Burlington store doesn't look like that... :shades:
Chief of Shaft

billy82

But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

herfdude

There's a place I'd like to spend a few hours at......
"I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time."  Mark Twain

nickyfzr

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I work 10 minutes from the place. Go there for lunch all the time. For 10.00 you get lunch and a Montecristo tubo. Not a bad deal. I don't really buy anything there anymore. There are better deals to be had online but I still try and support them in other ways. The waitresses and barmaids are very cool.

Brlesq

Quotenickyfzr - 9/16/2011  5:05 PM

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I work 10 minutes from the place. Go there for lunch all the time. For 10.00 you get lunch and a Montecristo tubo. Not a bad deal. I don't really buy anything there anymore. There are better deals to be had online but I still try and support them in other ways. The waitresses and barmaids are very cool.

Lucky guy!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Cigary

I'd be in some serious trouble living close to that place.

87North

Between a cigar shop and a wine shop, I imagine Paul was in heaven.  :lmao:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.