Podman Cigars

Started by nwb, 08/10/2011 02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

Some of the newbies might not recognize Podman, but he is a member here.  Looks like he has been busy - from el nino diablo:

"Drew Estate BOTL 2011 - This should launch via Tim Podwika's new Podman Cigars later in the fall for the BOTL.org forum. It's a Lancero, I think."

http://thecigarfeed.com/?p=8464

http://podmancigars.com/
Chief of Shaft

ntanner

wonder what the profile will be like.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Bob Cordell

Podman is a great guy, I've bought from him before!

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Jackal

Great to see that Tim is making his mark in the cigar world.

Hopefully, he will set up a Geek Critique for these.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Ken Kelley

I wondered what happened to Tim. Looks like he been kinda busy.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

metalhead y cigarguy

Good for him. I've only heard great things about him, and I wish him well with his new ventures.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

griesemer

QuoteJackal - 8/10/2011  3:49 PM

Great to see that Tim is making his mark in the cigar world.

Hopefully, he will set up a Geek Critique for these.

Definitely count me in on this. Hopefully he stomps Liga Privada LOL

podman28

Thanks for the well wishes guys. I will let you know more when things are more concrete. The news was put out a little too early I think but hopefully everything will go well. It is a cigar I blended at the DE factory. It is not infused and used T-52 wrapper leaf in a lancero sized cigar is what I can say now.

NES Tek

Sounds awesome Tim!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Brlesq

Sounds great Tim!  Looking forward to trying them once they are released.  

Best of luck on this new venture!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

sam a

TIMMAY!! long time no puff... glad to see all is well
Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

mountedshriner

Tim is a great guy and has taken very good care of me over the past few years! he is my go to guy for Illusione's. In fact he had Don Giolito sign a box of mj 12's for me. I wish him all the best!! ROCK ON TIM!! :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :respekt:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

podman28

Quotesam a - 8/10/2011  2:45 PM

TIMMAY!! long time no puff... glad to see all is well

No kidding Sam! We'll have to rectify that soon.

nwb

Quotepodman28 - 8/10/2011  4:53 PM

Thanks for the well wishes guys. I will let you know more when things are more concrete. The news was put out a little too early I think but hopefully everything will go well. It is a cigar I blended at the DE factory. It is not infused and used T-52 wrapper leaf in a lancero sized cigar is what I can say now.

That sounds awesome!  I love a good lancero - let us know when they are available. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

cmmayo

Quotepodman28 - 8/10/2011  3:53 PM

Very cool!
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Jackal

Tim.  When things become more concrete, I am sure all of us would love to hear about your experiences as a cigar blender.  The world of cigar manufacturing is one that most of us have little actual exposure to, aside from some online and magazine articles.  If you could share some real insight into cigar blending I think that most of us would really find it extremely interesting.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

hardeveningsuburb

Wow, very cool.  I'm still a relative newbie to CG and have had no personal dealings with Tim, but the fact that a fellow Geek got to blend a cigar at the DE factory and get it released is really incredible.  Massive respect to you, Tim.  The cigar sounds awesome and I hope to get to smoke one when they drop.
"After people get to know me, they all say I drink a lot of beer. I don't deny it either. Why should I? I'm not ashamed of beer." - Richard Brautigan

horrido

Yup give us all your secrets or I will send Bob C. to visit you.....however the cigars will be interesting too try looking forward to it. Do you have a online store front maybe a link to it?  Oops just saw the link on the first post:-)
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

87North

This is kind of exciting news, I'll be looking forward to hearing more as info becomes available... :dancing:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

sullivan8078

Quotepodman28 - 8/10/2011  3:53 PM

Congrats! I hope it all works out well and I look forward to trying them. Definitely keep us posted!
 :cool:  :respekt:  :bigthumbs:
-David
"Ceiling fan stirs the air, cigar smoke did swirl."- J.B.

podman28

Well I am almost there. I have been living in Miami for about 4 weeks now. It definitely has been an experience living in the heart of the US cigar world. If you would like to check out the progress of my new e-store you can go to www.podmancigars.com. Mind you it is not a finished product yet but you can see which products I will be offering so far with more to come. Right now I am populating the site with script and photos and it is a pile of work. Enjoy!

lubrix

Cool site!, I signed up for the newsletter.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Brlesq

Thanks for the link, Tim.  Just signed up for the newsletter when it goes live.

Again, best of luck on your new venture!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Ken Kelley

You've been busy, Tim. Your site looks slick and I, too, signed up for the news letter. That lancero looks sweet.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.