The Muzik contest!

Started by Bob Cordell, 11/22/2011 10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Muzik contest!

Crosby, Stills and Nash- Southern Cross (Cocon)

Bob Cordell

Ok freaks, I have narrowed it down to MY favorite five music videos posted, now its your turn. I dont have sense enough to link each one by their nominations but here goes. You get to vote on the winner, I have my favorite but its up to your judgement now...I'll also cast the first vote I think!

Good luck and thanks to all who participated!

:dancing:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

cmmayo

Someone help slacker Bob out and repost those five links. I don't want to vote without doing my research!   :shades:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

lubrix

Where is the Hardcore/Metal section?.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

metalhead y cigarguy

I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Bob Cordell

There wasnt a metal submission worthy of the final five, sorry...no Black Sabbath, Priest, REALLY good Iron Maiden, OZZY! I was surprised no QUEEN was posted...

I was pulling for Metal though!

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteBob Cordell - 11/22/2011  8:53 PM

There wasnt a metal submission worthy of the final five, sorry...no Black Sabbath, Priest, REALLY good Iron Maiden, OZZY! I was surprised no QUEEN was posted...

What are you talking about? I submitted a classic Metallica tune with an amazing bass solo by the late & great Cliff Burton. I'm truly disappointed.  :-(

Besides that, Queen isnt Metal.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Bob Cordell

I didnt say Queen was, guess it appeared that way but I just thought someone would post a Queen, Foreigner, Boston, Sabbath, more Zeppelin, The WHO, etc...

I'm not a huge Metalicca fan really, saw them once with Priest and we were like "Who the hell is That"

That was when they first came out though, guess I'm showing my age if you remember a time when nobody had heard of them!

Hot Stuff x

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Hot Stuff x

I can't view comfortably numb becuase it is blocked from viewing in Korea by the copyright holder.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

cmmayo

QuoteHot Stuff x - 11/23/2011  12:55 AM

I can't view comfortably numb becuase it is blocked from viewing in Korea by the copyright holder.

Les, try this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ

It's pretty much the same performance.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteBob Cordell - 11/22/2011  9:25 PM

I didnt say Queen was, guess it appeared that way but I just thought someone would post a Queen, Foreigner, Boston, Sabbath, more Zeppelin, The WHO, etc...

I'm not a huge Metalicca fan really, saw them once with Priest and we were like "Who the hell is That"

That was when they first came out though, guess I'm showing my age if you remember a time when nobody had heard of them!

I didn't post any Sabbath or Ozzy, because there is too many of them that are good, and I didn't take the time to sort through them, and find a really good one to post. I forgot the contest was closing otherwise I would have posted this in addition to my others. I know it doesn't count for anything, but it's a great performances by a great artist.  

Neil Young "Old Man"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVC2cszdTao

Edit:
Okay, here is a young Black Sabbath rockin' out to over 300,000 people at California Jam in 1974. You should have been in your teens Bob and I wasn't even born yet. :biggrin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UogPgnYoJ0M&feature=related

Brlesq

No Captain & Tenille?!?  I'm not voting in this screwed-up contest!  :mad:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

smoke 1

I voted for Grand Funk, because my wife loves them.  Doesn't hurt they are from Michigan as well.

Brian
-Brian

MT21

QuoteBrlesq - 11/23/2011  5:13 AM

No Captain & Tenille?!?  I'm not voting in this screwed-up contest!  :mad:

Tiny Tim singing Tiptoe Thru the Tulips is another classic that didn't make the list either.  

Some stuff just gets lost over the course of time.  :-(
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

horrido

QuoteBob Cordell - 11/22/2011  11:53 PM

Surprised no AC/DC was posted maybe I should have sent it in oh well next time. :confused:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

junglepete

Man...I really thought The Guess Who's American Woman would've tickled Bob's fancy...and you think you really know someone eh?  :-)
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

NES Tek

How can you not vote GFR?! the band rocks and "I'm Your Captain" is such an awesome song!!!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

NES Tek

QuoteBob Cordell - 11/22/2011  9:25 PM

Damn, that's a bit crazy; and long ago. :-)
Would have loved to have been there.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Brlesq

QuoteNES Tek - 11/23/2011  10:29 AM

How can you not vote GFR?! the band rocks and "I'm Your Captain" is such an awesome song!!!

You got my vote, Nick.  "I'm You Captain"/Captain & Tenille.  Close 'nuff!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Bob Cordell

Mozwik

Tough choice, the Oh Brother Medley is fantastic but wow, the Floyd man, have not seen that performance before, amazing.

NES Tek

QuoteBrlesq - 11/23/2011  7:47 AM

QuoteNES Tek - 11/23/2011  10:29 AM

You got my vote, Nick.  "I'm You Captain"/Captain & Tenille.  Close 'nuff!

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Awesome! Thanks Bruce!

cmmayo

Southern Cross : Sorry, not that into it.

Oh Brother Medley: Too muddled of a production. I enjoy watching this a lot more (from the movie): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZtgZ5fHOuU&feature=related

I'm your captain: Couldn't get through half of it. Hated the song.

With a little help from my friends: Joe looks like he is possessed. Bad ASS! Hard not to think of John Belushi, though.

Comfortably Numb: Just boring. Sounds great, but...

Joe Cocker FTW!
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

wescat

This is a great live version of "Man of Constant Sorrow" by AK&US:     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALcdFAAojt4&feature=related

And if you love the sound of "High Lonesome" this one is excellent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJpQIYw-yXM
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Bob Cordell

Actually Southern Cross was my vote, I love that song!!!!!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.