The Decade Debacle (Contest)

Started by Herfin' Chef, 03/04/2012 06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herfin' Chef

Ok geeks.  Seems our pals, Bruce (Brlesq) and Dave (gitfiddl) have never smoked A Rocky Patel Decade.

Now, after this revelation, I was prompted to gather bubble wrap, packaging tape and have at it.

But Kens latest post on the " What happens when 4 geeks have 30 bucks burning a hole in there pockets"

Gave me the idea for a contest.

So here it is.

Simple:

Wayne sends Decade cigars to Dave and Bruce.

Dave and Bruce smoke Decade cigars by the end of the month. (Both cigars have over a year on them, they're beyond ready)

Dave and Bruce review Decade cigars based on the 100 point system.

(Now the kicker) The Geek who correctly guesses the total of combined scores wins a prize pack from yours truly.

EXAMPLE: Dave: 85  Bruce: 90   Total 175.

Rules:

One Guess per Geek in good standing. (100 points or better)
Guessing will end St Patty's Day, March 17 11:59 pm. Submitted reviews posted by the 31st.
If no one guesses the right number, closest wins.
In the event of a tie, I'm screwed.
Dave and Bruce are ineligible. (They're already getting free cigars)

So Bruce and Dave, stand by to receive....And Geeks: Happy Guessing!

-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

Brlesq

You're sending me a cigar?  How can I say no?  Feel like I've already won.  Thanks, Wayne!

Dave and I will have to hold our reviews until you call the date that the guessing is over.  Can you make that during the last week in March so we have at least a couple of weekends to get this done?
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

gitfiddl

Wow!  I'm in and a hearty "Thank you!" as well, Wayne. :dancing:  :dancing:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Brentcally

Thanks for the contest! I'm gonna say 181.
-Brent-

-Don't go away mad, just go away.

lowpro75

Interesting contest.  I'm going with 167.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

irratebass

Hell of a guy Wayne, thanks for the contest. I'm going with 163
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

Ken Kelley

166 for me. Interesting contest. See what idle comments stir up here on the Geeks!
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Herfin' Chef

QuoteBrlesq - 3/4/2012  8:00 AM

You're sending me a cigar?  How can I say no?  Feel like I've already won.  Thanks, Wayne!

Dave and I will have to hold our reviews until you call the date that the guessing is over.  Can you make that during the last week in March so we have at least a couple of weekends to get this done?

OK Bruce, guessing will end St Patty's Day March 17 11:59 pm. Submit reviews by the 31st.
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

BigTA

Guessing 180, Unless I am ineligible or If I win we send them to another poor soul that has not had a DECADE
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

Herfin' Chef

QuoteBigTA - 3/4/2012  8:26 AM

Guessing 180, Unless I am ineligible or If I win we send them to another poor soul that has not had a DECADE

By all means you're eligible, after all, you started this mess.

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

gitfiddl

QuoteHerfin' Chef - 3/4/2012  8:30 AM

QuoteBigTA - 3/4/2012  8:26 AM

By all means you're eligible, after all, you started this mess.

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Don't you just hate "enablers"?

:lmao:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

lukin

Hmmm right out of the box?  I'm going 169
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

ROTHNH

Quotelukin - 3/4/2012  9:04 AM

Hmmm right out of the box?  I'm going 169

Wayne says "(Both cigars have over a year on them, they're beyond ready)" above, so not ROTT, if that's what you thought ...

Kckodiak

I am going with 182, thanks for the contest!
"Happiness?  A good Cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; depends on how much happiness you can handle" George Burns

Hot Tub Cigar Guy
Keith in CT

dwig

I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say:  Hey look.  That one is shaped like an idiot!"

DonM

I am splitting hairs with 179

"The Curmudgeon"

RoscozRevenge

I'm gonna take a chance and say 183
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
-Malcolm Reynolds

gitfiddl

These must be phenomenal cigars, Bruce, judging by the guesses.  Most so far have us giving them an average of 90!

horrido

"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Brlesq

Quotegitfiddl - 3/4/2012  10:32 AM

These must be phenomenal cigars, Bruce, judging by the guesses.  Most so far have us giving them an average of 90!

I've been noticing that too, Dave.  They must be freakin' awesome!  Sure hope I don't let these guys down if the review score is less than stellar.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

pferg

im gonna guess 170. thanks for the contest

dougiewong

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.