New Geeks, New Pass....

Started by 1sgjeffward, 03/17/2012 12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1sgjeffward

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'New Geeks, New Pass....'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

Number of Participants: will entertain up to 20 to help as many New Geeks as possible.
Price Range per Cigar: Min: $2.00     Max: $18.00  

Noticed some big time interest in a cigar pass especially with all the new guys we have gotten in the last few months. So, I thought I'd start up another new pass for those members who are trying to get themselves some points and box pass experience. Pass will be open to veteran members as well but newbies will be given priority in filling the last 2 spots. Going to allow 20 people and I know that's a lot buy want as many new guys as possible

Is required that all new members who want to join the pass read the Article Cigar Pass Etiquette by Jackal and try to follow it.

Also have seen some differences in opinion on pricing as of late. Here is what I suggest: Start with say cigarsinternational.com and price the stick you are taking and the stick you are putting. Use say the 5 pack price etc but the most important part is you are comparing puts and takes at the same location so you get a fair and comparable price. Use best judgement and your conscious when sales or whatever come up. Simply put, if you like a stick, or want to try something new then grab it... Just follow the basic etiquette you read in Jackal's post and be fair to the next guy in line!

The only other request is to keep communications open and keep the pass moving. If you're going to be out of town, let me know and I can re-order the pass so it doesn't get stuck on someones doorstep. Hope everyone enjoys and has a good time.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

irratebass

Thanks for the invite, I hope I can do you guys justice with my 1st pass.
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

uplander12ga

Thanks for putting this together Jeff! Looking forward to it! :dancing:
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

Sublime13

I'm in for my first pass, read up on all the etiquette...thanks for putting this together! Looks great!

1sgjeffward

Ok, put up the list of the first 15 I will be sending out. I tried to include a few more $3-$5 cigars than normal to allow for people with smaller collections. All of the ones I selected are ones that I personally smoke and on the lower end work very well as shop cigars etc. I will probably add a couple more higher end or boutique's like 262 and Panacea to give that option. I want this pass to focus on the opportunity for everyone to try as many new cigars as possible.

I sent a few invites out to new guys that I have either already dealt with and know are really there! If you didn't get one please don't feel offended or left out their are just so many in the last month. That being said please feel free to join in.
Jeff

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

lukin

I'm in if you'll have me
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

PETE314

Would like to get ito this pass if you will have me...
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

1sgjeffward

lukin and Pete314 your both in.
Jeff

? André Gide

BigTA

Thx for the invite Jeff, I am always down for a pass, Note, I will be in Florida from 04-09-12 to 04-21-12 so dont put me at the end or it may get hung up...
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

PETE314

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Sublime13

I've read all the etiquette and some rules on passes, but since this is my first one, I just want to make sure I got it all right (and maybe another newb will have these same questions). So the first person on the list is the Moderator, Jeff, who puts up 15 of his own cigars...the person is #2 on the list then selects ___ amount (is it 10? 5? Any amount as long as he puts back that amount?), he then notifies the moderator he is done, and on to person 3...etc. If one of the cigars you put in is selected; you mail it out to whoever selects that cigar. I assume the moderator is in charge of notifying you of who to send your cigars to?

Seems pretty basic, just want to make sure I'm not skipping any steps and I've got it down...

1sgjeffward

QuoteSublime13 - 3/17/2012  1:24 PM

I've read all the etiquette and some rules on passes, but since this is my first one, I just want to make sure I got it all right (and maybe another newb will have these same questions). So the first person on the list is the Moderator, Jeff, who puts up 15 of his own cigars...the person is #2 on the list then selects ___ amount (is it 10? 5? Any amount as long as he puts back that amount?), he then notifies the moderator he is done, and on to person 3...etc. If one of the cigars you put in is selected; you mail it out to whoever selects that cigar. I assume the moderator is in charge of notifying you of who to send your cigars to?

Seems pretty basic, just want to make sure I'm not skipping any steps and I've got it down...

Will give just a bunch of FYI stuff. And don't sweat it man! Anyone who expects you to just know everything generally speaking has no friggin clue what they are talking about themselves! So never worry about asking questions there are plenty of people on here that have tons of experience that are more than happy to help. Is much better that you ask now than later!

-Have updated the pass order of the 12 so far in the most logical order. If you think of them on a map is a big circle. Starts in Korea then California and in a big loop back to me. This is the way order is determined in alot of passes. As new people come in list will be updated by plugging them in where it makes sense. I will send out the original box with all the cigars in it to kick it off. That person takes out what they want, puts their cigars in the box and mails it gets passed and so on.

-When you click on Cigar Passes on the Cigar Resources bar it takes you to all passes but the pass(es) your a member of is on top. Click on that pass (New Geeks, New Pass....) Takes you to the general info for that pass. Right above it are links to
| Participants | Cigars | History | Forum. Just take a quick look at these they are fairly self explanatory. When the pass is transitioned to you by the person ahead of you on the list the History page will change for you. There will be little boxes for you to check for takes and blank spaces for you puts. Under that there is a block where you fill out all the shipping info and who its going to. After your done with everything and hit that transition button the screen will open for the next person and so on. Cigars gives you a list of all cigars in the box.

-As far as how many you take there is no real set rule as long as you are putting back same quality and price.
Example: Last 2 passes I took $4.50, $6, $6.50 and $9.45 second $4.25, $6.25, $7 and $10. All of those even the $4 ones were cigars I wanted to try but tried to spread it out instead of just picking the top 4 most expensive cigars in the box. So just go with what you think is right taking into consideration all of the people who follow you. IMHO I don't take more than 4 and when in doubt I err on the side of putting a more expensive cigar. But if your confident and feel you have good solid puts then take more. If there isn't much you want or haven't tried take 2 :confused:

Jeff

? André Gide

BXgreenhorn

I'm already in another pass but if you can be in more than one pass at a time I'm in.

BXgreenhorn

Nice I'm in, very cool. Some awesome sticks already :bigthumbs:  :cheer:

Sublime13

Quote1sgjeffward - 3/17/2012  4:05 PM

QuoteSublime13 - 3/17/2012  1:24 PM

Will give just a bunch of FYI stuff. And don't sweat it man! Anyone who expects you to just know everything generally speaking has no friggin clue what they are talking about themselves! So never worry about asking questions there are plenty of people on here that have tons of experience that are more than happy to help. Is much better that you ask now than later!

-Have updated the pass order of the 12 so far in the most logical order. If you think of them on a map is a big circle. Starts in Korea then California and in a big loop back to me. This is the way order is determined in alot of passes. As new people come in list will be updated by plugging them in where it makes sense. I will send out the original box with all the cigars in it to kick it off. That person takes out what they want, puts their cigars in the box and mails it gets passed and so on.

-When you click on Cigar Passes on the Cigar Resources bar it takes you to all passes but the pass(es) your a member of is on top. Click on that pass (New Geeks, New Pass....) Takes you to the general info for that pass. Right above it are links to
| Participants | Cigars | History | Forum. Just take a quick look at these they are fairly self explanatory. When the pass is transitioned to you by the person ahead of you on the list the History page will change for you. There will be little boxes for you to check for takes and blank spaces for you puts. Under that there is a block where you fill out all the shipping info and who its going to. After your done with everything and hit that transition button the screen will open for the next person and so on. Cigars gives you a list of all cigars in the box.

-As far as how many you take there is no real set rule as long as you are putting back same quality and price.
Example: Last 2 passes I took $4.50, $6, $6.50 and $9.45 second $4.25, $6.25, $7 and $10. All of those even the $4 ones were cigars I wanted to try but tried to spread it out instead of just picking the top 4 most expensive cigars in the box. So just go with what you think is right taking into consideration all of the people who follow you. IMHO I don't take more than 4 and when in doubt I err on the side of putting a more expensive cigar. But if your confident and feel you have good solid puts then take more. If there isn't much you want or haven't tried take 2 :confused:

Awesome stuff, just what I was looking for, thanks a million!

1sgjeffward

Everybody please make sure your address is correct and preferably a full name on your profile or at least a last name as I will be sending the box out Monday. Everybody top 4 on the list pay attention I might have to move Thomas (BigTA) up or down due to a vacation but I think we will be alright. Thank all of you for joining and hope you all have a good time and get to try out some new Cigars :dancing:
Jeff

? André Gide

jharrisx5

I'm in bro!  I'm gonna be pretty busy for the next several weeks...if possible can I be near the end of this pass?
Puff Puff Give....

1sgjeffward

Quotejharrisx5 - 3/17/2012  8:32 PM

I'm in bro!  I'm gonna be pretty busy for the next several weeks...if possible can I be near the end of this pass?

No problem threw you in there at the end.
Jeff

? André Gide

Beegerply

Jeff thanks for invite, I'm in. :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

dboss

Just started to do the pass thing. Im super excited

dboss

1sgjeffward

Quotedboss - 3/17/2012  10:23 PM

Great selection!

Good to have you. You have some good people ahead of you in the pass too so I'm sure you will be able to find something good in there. Hope you enjoy your first pass.
Jeff

? André Gide

Kirby1531

How long does a pass take, start to finish? I want to join one but most likely the next one. Ill have Strick9 start the next one and have him walk me through the process. They sound kick ass.

K.K.
----------
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

BigTA

QuoteKirby1531 - 3/18/2012  4:10 AM  How long does a pass take, start to finish? I want to join one but most likely the next one. Ill have Strick9 start the next one and have him walk me through the process. They sound kick ass.

It varies, a month to a couple months or longer, Depends on how many are in play , How fast peeps get the box turned around and of course the postal service..

Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.