CONTEST - Most Reviews by June 30th

Started by lowpro75, 05/17/2012 02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowpro75

I'm somewhat obsessed with the amount of cigar reviews that we do here at cigargeeks.  When I first joined the number of reviews was around 2,500, and I remember how big a deal it was when we hit 5,000.  Since that time the number of reviews on the site has been a little less than 5k per year.  Now we approach the 20k mark and I'd like to see us hit it by June 30th.  

Pretty simple concept here, whoever does the most reviews from now until June 30th, wins.  Contest will end at midnight, EST June 30th.  

Senor Pablo will use his vast admin powers to keep the totals and will list the top 10 or so.  

Winner will get a five pack from me, which generally contain some decent cigars. But really what have you got to lose, you should be doing it anyway, so get reviewing.

I'll be the final arbitrator in any dispute.  Though I won't be eligible for the prize, I'm going to try to keep up.  If I win, the second place person will get the prize but will be mercilessly tortured about not being the real winner.  
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

CrazyK

Awesome idea! Thanks for the contest!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

sullivan8078

Cool idea! That may be the motivation I need to get around to that stack I need to log :-)
Thanks for the contest!
-David
"Ceiling fan stirs the air, cigar smoke did swirl."- J.B.

lubrix

Nice idea!, thanks for the contest.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

horrido

QuoteBrlesq - 5/17/2012  3:38 PM

Congratulations, Larry!!

X2 hands down Larry. I don't smoke 15 a day so just send the 5er to him.....
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

lowpro75

Larry could win, but he reviews somewhat inconsistently.  Last time I did this contest Doc Jazz won and Corey came in 2nd.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Robert LG

I don't stand a chance in he!! but I do need to get off my arse and write some.  Maybe I'll get a chance soon.
Rob

metalhead y cigarguy

Good idea. I've got a bunch of reviews I need to catch up on. Maybe this will be my motivation. Thanks for the contest.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

DonM

Definitely a reason to do a few reviews, but Larry is the only one that can smoke over a box of different cigars for review.  My bet is with Larry :)

"The Curmudgeon"

nwb

Such wonderful timing - I posted six yesterday and this morning I woke up completely congested.  No cigars for me for a few days.... :-(

Good luck guys/gals!
Chief of Shaft

Rebecca Silverwolf

"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

lowpro75

This is a bump just so everyone is aware.  Even if you are a new guy and have a bunch of reviews sitting in a journal, post them all to the db and see if you can win.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

lowpro75

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

lowpro75

It's June 1st, here is the current leaderboard:

nirab   18
joe doaks   12
Kckodiak   9
kola   9
Shukpaw   9
1sgjeffward   8
dbw   8
lowpro75   8
87North   6
Darrenhicks   6
JonDavid1210   6
metalhead y cigarguy   6
mike.casey   6
1029henry   5
Hot Stuff x   5
nwb   5
ParadiseCove   5
cmmayo   4
Gpusey   4
grabow66   4
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Brlesq

I'm rooting for some of the members listed there that never post but contribute to our site by way of reviews and adding new cigars to the DB (no offense meant to the rest of you loud-mouths).  There are half a dozen of them in your current tally.  :thumbsup:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

lowpro75

QuoteBrlesq - 6/1/2012  2:30 PM

I'm rooting for some of the members listed there that never post but contribute to our site by way of reviews and adding new cigars to the DB (no offense meant to the rest of you loud-mouths).  There are half a dozen of them in your current tally.  :thumbsup:

I was rooting for you, hoping that you would boost your pathetic review total.  Been here for over 2 years now and can barely manage 50 reviews a year.  For a guy who posts so much you don't review shyt...

Sincerely,

Your biggest fan
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Brlesq

Quotelowpro75 - 6/1/2012  2:49 PM
I was rooting for you, hoping that you would boost your pathetic review total.  Been here for over 2 years now and can barely manage 50 reviews a year.  For a guy who posts so much you don't review shyt...

Sincerely,

Your biggest fan

I thought that was pretty good considering that I only smoke 48 cigars a year.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

lowpro75

QuoteBrlesq - 6/1/2012  2:58 PM

Sincerely,

Your biggest fan

I thought that was pretty good considering that I only smoke 48 cigars a year.

1 cigar a week with 4 weeks vacation?  You smoke like a government bureaucrat.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Shukpaw

I didn't even know this was going on and I'm tied for distant third.  Note to self: Do not smoke anything you have smoked before for the rest of the month.

I need to catch up on my reviews so that I have more options if ratboy ever sends the Worth 4 or More pass to the two of us who are left in that pass.

I don't have many more reviews than Bruce, but I say less, so hopefully Rich still approves of me.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

nwb

Sincerely,

Your biggest fan

:lmao:

Good luck folks.  My only plan is to get in more reviews than Bruce, which shouldn't be hard. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Brlesq

Quotenwb - 6/2/2012  4:11 PM

Sincerely,

Your biggest fan

:lmao:

Good luck folks.  My only plan is to get in more reviews than Bruce, which shouldn't be hard. :biggrin:

Just do zero, Nate.  I'm going to delete a few of mine for a negative number just to mess with Rich.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Kckodiak

Great contest idea, I am working m way through the freebies from Cigarfest so hope I can keep up!
"Happiness?  A good Cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; depends on how much happiness you can handle" George Burns

Hot Tub Cigar Guy
Keith in CT

lowpro75

As of yesterday.

nirab 45
lubrix 32
joe doaks 25
Kckodiak 19
kola 16
lowpro75 14
ntanner 13
Shukpaw 12
87North 9
1sgjeffward 9
dbw 9
Gpusey 9
mike.casey 9
ParadiseCove 8
ccrida 7
1029henry 7
Hot Stuff x 7
billy82 6
cmmayo 6
Darrenhicks 6

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

lowpro75

Quotelowpro75 - 6/15/2012  8:16 AM

As of yesterday.

nirab 45
lubrix 32
joe doaks 25
Kckodiak 19
kola 16
lowpro75 14
ntanner 13
Shukpaw 12
87North 9
1sgjeffward 9
dbw 9
Gpusey 9
mike.casey 9
ParadiseCove 8
ccrida 7
1029henry 7
Hot Stuff x 7
billy82 6
cmmayo 6
Darrenhicks 6

Bruce has -3.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.