Fantasy Football Anyone?

Started by mike.casey, 07/20/2012 03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike.casey

If we can get 8 to 12 guys willing to put up a fiver then I'll create a league on NFL.com and we can have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes.

Add your name to the list if you're in. I'd like to get this finalized by August so I can set up a draft.

The list:
Mike.casey
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

nkowal

Definitely in, huge FF geek. Though finding a date with all my drafts will be chaos! :)

The list:
Mike.casey
nkowal

horrido

Oh ya, so I can come in last.......again. :lmao:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

chief791

I'm in if you will have me.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

mike.casey

Quotechief791 - 7/20/2012  3:51 PM

I'm in if you will have me.

Yep, copy and paste the list with your name added.

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

Cfickter

I would like to be in
What if everyone pitched in cigars for the prizes (of course the fiver still to cover the cost of the site if any and mailing)  Say everyone adds 5 cigars at a certain $ each.

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

mike.casey

QuoteCfickter - 7/20/2012  4:43 PM

I would like to be in
What if everyone pitched in cigars for the prizes (of course the fiver still to cover the cost of the site if any and mailing)  Say everyone adds 5 cigars at a certain $ each.

When I say fiver, I mean 5 cigars. The league will be free to join $$ wise.

I'm working on the details, but I'm thinking ante will be 5 cigars with a total worth of $25-$50.

If we get say 10 guys, that's 50 cigars, so... 6 people send to 1st place, 3 send to 2nd, and 1 to third. (1st place does not send). So everybody is sending something except 1st place.

The winner will receive 30 cigars
First runner up gets 10 "net" cigars
Third gets their entry fee back, but it's a mystery (this is where 2nd place will send)

It may not make much sense now, but I'll PM everybody wher to send their sticks at the end and everyone will be taken care of that deserves it.

THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Ron White

Shukpaw

Mike, you can see the guys who have competed the last couple years on old threads.  After 2 years of looking like an idiot I'm not going this year.

May I also take this time to mention that there are guys out there who still owe some winners cigars and some winners who might want to give some feedback to the guys who did remember to take care of you when you won.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Bob Cordell

I'm in again! I think this will be my 3rd or 4th year!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Reighvin

My Humidor
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=reighvin

My Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/reighvin

Twitter: @Reighvin

"Some people spend their life wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem."~Ronald Reagan

Reighvin

My Humidor

My Facebook

"Some people spend their life wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem."~Ronald Reagan

mike.casey

Ron White

Cfickter

Quotemike.casey - 7/20/2012  6:33 PM  
QuoteCfickter - 7/20/2012  4:43 PM  I would like to be in  What if everyone pitched in cigars for the prizes (of course the fiver still to cover the cost of the site if any and mailing)  Say everyone adds 5 cigars at a certain $ each.  
When I say fiver, I mean 5 cigars. The league will be free to join $$ wise.  I'm working on the details, but I'm thinking ante will be 5 cigars with a total worth of $25-$50.   If we get say 10 guys, that's 50 cigars, so... 6 people send to 1st place, 3 send to 2nd, and 1 to third. (1st place does not send). So everybody is sending something except 1st place.  The winner will receive 30 cigars First runner up gets 10 "net" cigars Third gets their entry fee back, but it's a mystery (this is where 2nd place will send)  It may not make much sense now, but I'll PM everybody wher to send their sticks at the end and everyone will be taken care of that deserves it.   THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Great, sorry for misunderstanding. Would still like in
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

podman28

I won last year so it is only right that I am in to defend my honor!

nirab

Count me in if there is room for another geek! :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

mike.casey

Since you guys do this every year, please let me know how you feel prizes are generally handled.

Looks like we have 8 now!

Ron White

mike.casey

Ron White

mike.casey

Quotemike.casey - 7/21/2012  12:27 PM

:bump:

Ron White

podman28

There was no formal prize before. The guys involved just sent a few sticks to the winner. It was whatever they felt compelled to send. Some guidelines probably would be good. The league has been running in the Yahoo fantasy section before with an autodraft. It can be changed but it seemed to work pretty well.

metalhead y cigarguy

2 years ago, the winner was to receive one cigar from each contestant not the winner but most sent several sticks. Last year it was basically the same, but everyone sent 3-5 sticks to the winner.  The last couple years the league has been done through Yahoo!  It's worked well.  Who ever the commissioner was last year can re-new the league again this year and just send out invites to the new members. All the old members will still have their team names and logos.

I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

mike.casey

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 7/22/2012  8:24 PM

2 years ago, the winner was to receive one cigar from each contestant not the winner but most sent several sticks. Last year it was basically the same, but everyone sent 3-5 sticks to the winner.  The last couple years the league has been done through Yahoo!  It's worked well.  Who ever the commissioner was last year can re-new the league again this year and just send out invites to the new members. All the old members will still have their team names and logos.

That sounds good to me if the commissioner steps up, and I'll fade into the night. If not I'll create a league on NFL.com because "theres an app for that" and it makes it simple to manage your team.

If the previous commish steps up please let all the new guys play.

Ron White

metalhead y cigarguy

Quotemike.casey - 7/22/2012  6:37 PM

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 7/22/2012  8:24 PM

That sounds good to me if the commissioner steps up, and I'll fade into the night. If not I'll create a league on NFL.com because "theres an app for that" and it makes it simple to manage your team.

If the previous commish steps up please let all the new guys play.

That shouldn't be a problem. I believe Yahoo! has an app for their fantasy leagues as well. If I remember correctly. The reason I suggest Yahoo is because the league is already created and those returning already have teams. New members will just need an invite and we're good to go.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Reighvin

These days, they all have apps. I think I have used all of the different programs at one point or another.
My Humidor

My Facebook

Chrism305

I'd like to join if there is still room

Kckodiak

"Happiness?  A good Cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; depends on how much happiness you can handle" George Burns

Hot Tub Cigar Guy
Keith in CT

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.