Another September Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 07/25/2012 04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

It's going to be a busy herfing month that's for sure. akira (Mike) has stepped up to plate to generously sponsor another Geek Critique for September. Thanks Mike !!

The cigar being reviewed is:

Cigar: Litto Gomez Small Batch #4
Size: 7 x 52
Wrapper: Dominican Pelo de Oro
Binder: Dominican Republic
Filler: Dominican Republic
Strength: Medium-Full

The chosen reviewers are as follows:

gitfiddl
Brlesq
Robert LG
NesTek
junglepete

If you have not had a chance to read this article, please do so now before accepting to participate in this review:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=42

Upon accepting to review, please respond in this thread to let us know.

This cigar's review must be submitted no later than September 10th.

Congrats to all reviewers, and another thanks to Mike(akira) for sponsoring this Geek Critique.

Enjoy!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

akira

Thanks Pete.  I've actually decided that I'm going to replace myself with another reviewer since I'm doing another one in pretty short order.  

Pete, I'd like to add you to the list of chosen reviewers if you are interested.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

akira

:bump:

um?  If nobody is interested in this one, maybe I'll switch mine to Raji's Untimely Demise.    :-(
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

nwb

Wow, that is a hell of a nice cigar for a Geek Critique.  I'm thinking you folks are in for a treat!

Looking forward to the reviews.  Oh, and Mike, if the reviewers don't want them, feel free to send them my way. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

ntanner

nice smoke, enjoy and i am looking forward to the reviews.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Rebecca Silverwolf

Looking forward to the reviews on this one!
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Brlesq

Sorry I missed this thread until now.  I would be happy to review this one.  Thanks!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

akira

OK, looks like we have three so far (Bruce, David and Nick).  Wescat declined and nominated another Geek so I am waiting to hear back from him and junglepete.  I have the cigars in hand so as soon as I hear back, I should be able to send out the sticks early next week.

akira

One more confirmation from Robert LG (as sub for wescat).  Just need a response from Pete and then we'll have a full roster.

Robert LG

I PM'd Kevin to thank him for suggesting to Mike that I sub for him.  I wanted to do it publicly as well.  Thanks Kevin and Mike for allowing me to play!  This will be my first LGSB of any kind so I am really looking forward to this.
Rob

junglepete

Quoteakira - 7/25/2012  6:16 PM

Thanks Pete.  I've actually decided that I'm going to replace myself with another reviewer since I'm doing another one in pretty short order.  

Pete, I'd like to add you to the list of chosen reviewers if you are interested.

I'd be happy to participate Mike, as long as being in Canada does not present a problem to you with shipping, otherwise picking someone else will not hurt my feelings  :-)
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

akira

Quotejunglepete - 7/30/2012  1:57 PM

Quoteakira - 7/25/2012  6:16 PM

I'd be happy to participate Mike, as long as being in Canada does not present a problem to you with shipping, otherwise picking someone else will not hurt my feelings  :-)

Great!  PM me with some instructions on how I should ship it to you for optimal results.

akira

These went out yesterday so please let me know when they arrive. Thanks!  Looking forward to your reviews.

gitfiddl

Got mine today.  Thanks for the again for asking me to participate in this one, and for the three additional cigars! :dancing:

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Brlesq

Got mine today, and Mike included some terrific hitchhikers!  :thumbsup:  All of them are smokes I reallly enjoy! Thank you!

Question about the Small Batch #4:  Is this one we are reviewing the Pelo de Oro wrapper (released in Nov '11) or the Pelo de Oro Oscuro wrapper (released in late June '12)?  There were two releases of the SB#4, and they are the exact same size and almost the same color.  Just want to make sure I review the right one!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Robert LG

I just got mine as well.  Thanks Mike and thanks for the extras!  Good question Bruce??
Rob

gitfiddl

Thanks for posting the pic, Bruce.  My "stowaways" were identical to yours.

akira

It is the original pelo de oro. Glad they arrived safely.

akira

Pete, have you received yours yet?  They went out the same day as everyone else's.

cmmayo

QuoteBrlesq - 8/3/2012  4:56 PM

Question about the Small Batch #4:  Is this one we are reviewing the Pelo de Oro wrapper (released in Nov '11) or the Pelo de Oro Oscuro wrapper (released in late June '12)?  There were two releases of the SB#4, and they are the exact same size and almost the same color.  Just want to make sure I review the right one!

Crap, I didn't know that! Now I've got to go find the Oscuro.

:shades:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

junglepete

Did not get mine yet...usually takes about 10 days. I'll post as soon as I get it.
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

Okay, got mine today all safe and sound. Thanks for the extras...same as the other reviewers and greatly appreciated. This cigar looks yummy!!

Could you post the full name and dimensions of the cigar being reviewed please.  :-)
Guru of Frugality

akira

Great!  Glad it arrived without a bill attached.  

Here are the specs:

Cigar: Litto Gomez Small Batch #4
Size: 7 x 52
Wrapper: Dominican Pelo de Oro
Binder: Dominican Republic
Filler: Dominican Republic
Strength: Medium-Full

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.