Jan./March 2013 Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 11/11/2012 12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

Yes we do plan ahead here at CG. These two Geek Critiques have been generously sponsored by JFC cigars (http://www.jfctobacco.net/products.htm) and our very own Vroomp (Brad). A big thanks goes out to both.

This GC is unique in that there are a variety of cigars to be smoked and reviewed. If you are a chosen reviewer, you will be required to smoke at least 5 cigars over a three month period.

The cigars being reviewed:

Geek Critique format: the 965 which will be due on January 10th 2013.

Geek Critique format: Flor de Cuba Toro which will be due on March 10th 2013.

Other cigars to be reviewed by using our regular review format:

Hoja Boricua Toro

Hoja Boricua Gran Reserva Toro

La Flor de Cuba 40th Anniversary Maduro Robusto

If any of this info in incorrect Brad will correct it and will also be hosting this thread. Five reviewers will be chosen by Brad.

If you are chosen to review, please read the following link:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=42

Another big thanks goes out to JFC cigars and Brad!!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Vroomp

Thanks for your help in setting this up Pete! And a special thanks goes out to Gabriella Fernandez of JFC Tobacco for supplying these fine cigars!

If you can handle this grueling task I would like to ask the following for their assistance in smoking and reviewing these cigars. If you are able to do this review please respond in this thread.

sjn1117 (Stephen)

nwb  (Nathan)

chief791 (Kenny)

1sgjeffward (Jeff)

Alphairon (Ken)

And do read this if you haven't done a Geek Critique before accepting.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/community/boxx/knowledgebase.asp?iid=42&C...

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

nirab

I'd like to be considered as a backup, alternate geek reviewer. Just in case one of these geeks pulls a hamstring or something and can't perform!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ntanner

Quotenirab - 11/11/2012  12:31 PM

I'd like to be considered as a backup, alternate geek reviewer. Just in case one of these geeks pulls a hamstring or something and can't perform!  :biggrin:
X2
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

nwb

Chief of Shaft

chief791

The pleasure will be all mine. I'm in. Thanks Brad.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

Ken Kelley

This one is certainly unique and I'm glad to have a chance to participate. Thanks for the invitation!
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

1sgjeffward

Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Vroomp

Thank you all for accepting this challenge. I will send out cigars by December so they can have a nice 30+day nap in your humidors. I will post tracking info when I send them. This should be interesting and I am looking forward to your reviews!

Brian and Neal, thanks for the offer and I will give you guys first consideration on the next critique I host.

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

Vroomp

As you all know by now, I found a beetle in one of the celos of the sticks being sent to you. I have frozen these cigars for 5 days then placed them in the fridge for a day and a half and am warming them back to room temperature today, They will go back to the isolation humi tonight and stay for a week before being sent out late next week. This should allow everyone to rest them nicely for about 30 days before the first review is due. I have had most of these sticks since early October so they will all have 90+ days on them.

nwb

Just finished the freezing process for the ones you handed to me, Brad.  They will go back in the humi, and I'll get to reviewing in a few weeks.
Chief of Shaft

Vroomp

Cigars are on there way gang!  Here are your tracking numbers......

Stephen  9405 5036 9930 0229 8435 93

Kenny    9405 5036 9930 0229 8435 55

Ken       9405 5036 9930 0229 8435 31

Jeff       9405 5036 9930 0229 8435 17

1sgjeffward

QuoteVroomp - 12/7/2012  2:27 PM

Jeff       9405 5036 9930 0229 8435 17

Thank you much kind sir looking forward to it!
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Ken Kelley

QuoteVroomp - 12/7/2012  4:27 PM

Ken       9405 5036 9930 0229 8435 31

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for it....

chief791

Thanks again Brad. Looking forward to it.

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

chief791

Got the package yesterday Brad. Everything made it safe and sound. They are resting nicely in my humidor.

Buford T. Justice

Vroomp

Quotechief791 - 12/11/2012  10:20 AM  Got the package yesterday Brad. Everything made it safe and sound. They are resting nicely in my humidor.

Good deal!  :smoker:

Vroomp

Ken Kelley

QuoteVroomp - 12/28/2012  5:21 PM

Remember to have those reviews in by January 10th folks!

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques

Thanks for the reminder, Mom!  :biggrin:

toby2

Quotenirab - 11/11/2012  2:31 PM  I'd like to be considered as a backup, alternate geek reviewer. Just in case one of these geeks pulls a hamstring or something and can't perform!  :biggrin:

there is some ham in one of em for sure!

chief791

QuoteVroomp - 12/28/2012  5:21 PM  Remember to have those reviews in by January 10th folks!  http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques

Ok guys. At the risk of sounding like an idiot. This is my first Critique. When i click on this link i do not see the form or page to submit my review. What am i doing wrong?

Buford T. Justice

Ken Kelley

Quotechief791 - 12/28/2012  8:06 PM

QuoteVroomp - 12/28/2012  5:21 PM  Remember to have those reviews in by January 10th folks!  http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques

Ok guys. At the risk of sounding like an idiot. This is my first Critique. When i click on this link i do not see the form or page to submit my review. What am i doing wrong?

Bad link. Go to the Geek Critique section...

Cigar Geeks Critiques - Staff Member Reviews [Reviews]

Click on [Reviews]

On the page that pops up go down to the bottom and click on See All Reviews

The next page that pops up should have what you're looking for right up there at the top.

Vroomp

Thanks Ken. Since I am not actually doing the review I am unable to see the same page you guys view.

Ken Kelley

QuoteVroomp - 12/28/2012  9:19 PM

Thanks Ken. Since I am not actually doing the review I am unable to see the same page you guys view.

Yup! The runway is clear so launch at will!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.