February's Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 12/03/2012 08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique is generously cosponsored cmmayo (Corey)

The cigar being reviewed is: Finck's Commerce Reserva Privada Cantante

The Hype: Made with an oily Brazilian Arapiraca maduro wrapper and hearty Dominican Criollo 98 binder they are loaded with flavor. A savory blend of Reserve-Aged Dominican and Nicaraguan Viso, Seco and Ligero long fillers are expertly married in this awesome new brand making them ultra-smooth and perfectly balanced. They produce volumes of thick, bold smoke with a suggestion of sweetness on the finish. Old-world Cuban-style construction from one of the finest cigar factories in the Dominican guarantees an excellent smoking experience.

The reviewers: To be chosen by Corey (cmmayo)

If you are invited and accept to review this cigar, please read the following link:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=42

Due Date: January 25th, 2013

Thanks again to Corey for making this happen!

Happy Smokin'   :smoker:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

jharrisx5

Groovy...nice to see these being scheduled out in advance!
Puff Puff Give....

cmmayo

Quotejunglepete - 12/3/2012  8:57 PM

This Geek Critique is generously cosponsored cmmayo (Corey)

The cigar being reviewed is: Finck's Commerce Reserva Privada Cantante

The Hype: Made with an oily Brazilian Arapiraca maduro wrapper and hearty Dominican Criollo 98 binder they are loaded with flavor. A savory blend of Reserve-Aged Dominican and Nicaraguan Viso, Seco and Ligero long fillers are expertly married in this awesome new brand making them ultra-smooth and perfectly balanced. They produce volumes of thick, bold smoke with a suggestion of sweetness on the finish. Old-world Cuban-style construction from one of the finest cigar factories in the Dominican guarantees an excellent smoking experience.

I will add to the description is that this is a blend by Abe Flores of Pinar del Rio Cigars. He seems to have a close relationship with Finck's and his recent appearance at their store had the biggest crowd I've ever seen there.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

cmmayo

I'd like to get rolling on this ASAP, so here is my list of choices for reviewers:

1sgjeffward
toby2
nirab
Vroomp
Cfickter

I will PM each of you folks so you see this message. I haven't checked to see if you have already agreed to any other Critiques near early Feb. or not, so just let me know your situation and we'll deal with it. I have a list of alternatives if any of you can't do it.

I plan on sending the sticks out no later than Dec. 17 or so to give you a chance to rest it for several weeks before reviewing it.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

1sgjeffward

Always willing to smoke cigars and open my big mouth to give an opinion :shades:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

cmmayo

--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

cmmayo

toby2 is doing the late Feb., so the next on my list is irratebass.

Here's the updated list:

1sgjeffward - confirmed
irratebass
nirab - confirmed
Vroomp
Cfickter

...sending iratebass a PM now.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

cmmayo

Crap. I picked three of the same members as Vroomp for his late Feb GC, so I am going to replace Cfickter with Hot Stuff x...

:shamebag:

Current list:

1sgjeffward - confirmed
irratebass
nirab - confirmed
Vroomp
Hot Stuff x
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Vroomp

I will happily participate in this review (since I have excluded myself from the critiques I am currently  sponsoring) and I appreciate the opportunity to smoke another free cigar!!!!!

Sorry to beat you out of your reviewers..........  :biggrin:

That dang Arapiraca Wrapper sure is popular. We have at least three critiques using this same wrapper.

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Vroomp

I agree with Brian to replace him with Stephen if need be. I am not going to be reviewing any of the cigars I am sponsoring.

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

nirab

I would not have agreed to review this one if I would'a used my thick noggin' before responding! Sometimes, it's hard to put two and two together for this geek. sjn1117 should be up for the task, and vroomp is in agreement...which I am guessing don't count for shyte until Corey says so! And Brad, thanks again for including me in your review  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

1sgjeffward

I'll officially volunteer to smoke any and all cigars! It will be difficult and an extreme imposition but for the good of the group I'm willing to smoke and review a different one everyday if need be!

See the sacrifices I'm willing to make for my fellow BOTL.....

:lmao:
Jeff

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

cmmayo

Quotenirab - 12/5/2012  9:56 PM

I would not have agreed to review this one if I would'a used my thick noggin' before responding! Sometimes, it's hard to put two and two together for this geek. sjn1117 should be up for the task, and vroomp is in agreement...which I am guessing don't count for shyte until Corey says so! And Brad, thanks again for including me in your review  :bigthumbs:

I agree with the suggestion, so here is the new list:

1sgjeffward - confirmed
irratebass
sjn1117
Vroomp
Hot Stuff x

--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

nwb

Quote1sgjeffward - 12/5/2012  11:24 PM

I'll officially volunteer to smoke any and all cigars! It will be difficult and an extreme imposition but for the good of the group I'm willing to smoke and review a different one everyday if need be!

See the sacrifices I'm willing to make for my fellow BOTL.....

Mooch!

:biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

sjn1117

ok ok ok...since you all seem to be begging for me, oh wait i was third runner up, i will except the challenge. thanks for the invite corey. :cool:
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

irratebass

I will gladly accept the challenge or reviewing this awesome sounding cigar, thanks for the opportunity.
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

cmmayo

Thanks, everyone. All we're missing is a response from Les out in South Korea...

1sgjeffward - verified
sjn1555 - verified
Vroomp - verified
irratebass - verified
Hot Stuff x

--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

nwb

Chief of Shaft

Vroomp

Quotecmmayo - 12/6/2012  12:40 PM  Thanks, everyone. All we're missing is a response from Les out in South Korea...  1sgjeffward - verified sjn1555 - verified Vroomp - verified irratebass - verified Hot Stuff x  

Dig those shoes!!!!

1sgjeffward

Quotenwb - 12/6/2012  10:48 AM

Looks just like Les.

Think Les has been working a bunch here lately. With the time difference he is normally on here at night and haven't seen him much lately.

And don't worry Steve in this case the 3rd runner up still gets to smoke a great cigar  :biggrin:
Jeff

? André Gide

sjn1117

Quote1sgjeffward - 12/6/2012  5:38 PM  
Quotenwb - 12/6/2012  10:48 AM  :lmao:   Looks just like Les.
Think Les has been working a bunch here lately. With the time difference he is normally on here at night and haven't seen him much lately.  And don't worry Steve in this case the 3rd runner up still gets to smoke a great cigar  :biggrin:

Damn skippy! I'll take anything I can get these days!

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

cmmayo

Quote1sgjeffward - 12/6/2012  5:38 PM

Quotenwb - 12/6/2012  10:48 AM

Looks just like Les.

Think Les has been working a bunch here lately. With the time difference he is normally on here at night and haven't seen him much lately.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've sent a PM to a possible replacement...
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Hot Stuff x

Thanks for the invite, I would be happy to participate if it isnt' too late to join up....
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

cmmayo

QuoteHot Stuff x - 12/7/2012  8:02 AM

Thanks for the invite, I would be happy to participate if it isnt' too late to join up....

Not too late at all. I talked to someone about doing it if you couldn't, but since you are in, WELCOME AND THANKS!

AND WE ARE ALL SET!

1sgjeffward - verified
sjn1555 - verified
Vroomp - verified
irratebass - verified
Hot Stuff - verified

I will be sending out the review sticks in the next week (maybe this weekend if I get off my butt), so please make sure your address is correct!

THANKS EVERYONE!   :dancing:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.