Today's Carnage (Bombing Acknowledgements)

Started by junglepete, 02/27/2013 05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This thread is designated for all bombing acknowledgements.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

junglepete

It is a good idea, but not mine. Kudos go out to Brad and Nathan and all the other members for giving their feedback.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

bmac7754

Let me post todays first Carnage.  Keil (Keilyoder) sent me a bomb inside the Smell Good Pass that has returned home to me today.  Very nice selection of cigars sent by one fine Geek.  Thanks Keil, great BOTL.  (by the way, nice touch with the SOX)

San Cristobal Clasico

Room 101 305

La Aurora 107 Robusto

Room 101 San Andres 305

Gurkha TMB Connecticut Toro

Photobucket

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

cibolodave

Longhorn

Great job sneaking that one in there Kell!

nwb

Chief of Shaft

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Jim1

Life itself is a strange thing.....it is what it is.

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

87North

I got blindsided when I picked up the mail this morning.  I was expecting to get the smokes from Brad for the Round Robin pass, and it turns out that Michael (NTXSAGE) slipped a little package my way that I was not expecting in the slightest.  Really caught me off guard and made my day.  Many thanks Michael.  On a side note, the 3 sticks that Brad sent with my test subjects for the Round Robin were great too.  Not exactly a bomb, but a nice surprise all the same.  Here are pics of both arrivals.
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

bmac7754

Very Nice cigars for you today.  What is the orange band, 4th one over??
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

87North

Quotebmac7754 - 2/28/2013  10:15 PM

That is an AKA Solace.  They're based out of the DFW area if Memory serves.  I haven't tried any of their stuff as yet but I've heard very good things.  I had an AKA Hybrid in my humidor and now this one to join it.  My sister thought the Hybrid was her all time favorite cigar to date...
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

nirab

Quote87North - 2/28/2013  10:23 PM

Quotebmac7754 - 2/28/2013  10:15 PM

That is an AKA Solace.  They're based out of the DFW area if Memory serves.  I haven't tried any of their stuff as yet but I've heard very good things.  I had an AKA Hybrid in my humidor and now this one to join it.  My sister thought the Hybrid was her all time favorite cigar to date...

AKA cigars are great. The Respect is a great stick, and they donate some of the proceeds to the Wounded Warrior Project from the sales of that lineup. And the Hybrid is also a great cigar. In my opinion, it is on of the most unique sticks out there, with a very unique flavor profile. I love the petite corona and the toro in that lineup. I met Jay Lundy, the owner of AKA at the Texas Cigar Fest last year, and he is a really cool dude.  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

1sgjeffward

Karl (CrazyK) was a participant in the "Let's all Bomb Jeff Campaign" and had to wait on some cigars to come in. From the selection he sent I'm GLAD he waited :dancing:

Diamond Crown Pyradmid #7
Man O' War Perfecto
Man O' Ward Ruinition Robusto #2
Ashton VSG Torpedo
La Aroma De Cuba New Blend Belicoso
My Father Limited Edition 2012 (I think)
Padron Family Reserva No. 85
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

uplander12ga

:-0 Some damn fine smokes there Jeff!!! Well done Karl!!! :thumbsup:
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Ken Kelley

Quote87North - 2/28/2013  10:46 PM

I got blindsided when I picked up the mail this morning.  I was expecting to get the smokes from Brad for the Round Robin pass, and it turns out that Michael (NTXSAGE) slipped a little package my way that I was not expecting in the slightest.  Really caught me off guard and made my day.  Many thanks Michael.  On a side note, the 3 sticks that Brad sent with my test subjects for the Round Robin were great too.  Not exactly a bomb, but a nice surprise all the same.  Here are pics of both arrivals.

"Sonny Liston"   Heh!  Now that there's an old reference!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

lowpro75

So I was outside minding my own business.  And the mailman and I locked eyes.  There was something different in his eyes, a passion I hadn't seen before.  I was just about to ask him what was up when he made his move, tongue fully engaged and we................ :-0

Ok, this is much much worst than the whole bomb scenario.  

So Mike Casey decided that he would go all out.  I'll let the pictures tell the story but it was a very generous gift for an old curmudgeon.  Thanks Mike.  I love the punisher now and again but I never pull the trigger on my own so I appreciate that.  I love me some Faustos and LFDs.  So thanks again for the generous gift for which I'm not worthy.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

uplander12ga

:lmao: So the ole curmudgeon takes a beating  :-0 :lmao:  :dancing: Gotta love it!!! Well done Mike!!!
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

BXgreenhorn

that looks better than fruitcake...lol Enjoy Rich

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.