April's Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by nwb, 03/11/2013 08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This Geek Critique is being sponsored by Tim Podwika (Podman28) of http://www.podmancigars.com/.

The cigar being reviewed is: Gran Habano Barracuda Corona Gorda, an exclusive to PodmanCigars.

The reviewers, should they accept, are:

1sgjeffward
Brlesq
mpurtle01
Longhorn
toby2

If you are invited and accept to review this cigar, please read the following link:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=42

Due Date: April 10, 2013

Again, a huge thank you goes out to Tim for sponsoring!

Happy Smokin' :smoker:
Chief of Shaft

bmac7754

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

toby2

mike.casey

Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

Longhorn

Thanks for coordinating and thanks, Tim, for sponsoring.  Looking forward to reviewing the cigar chosen!

1sgjeffward

Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

mpurtle01

Awesome!  Thanks, I'd love to!  Tim, thanks for sponsoring, very excited about trying a new exclusive smoke!

Brlesq

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, guys.  Of course I'm in!  I have been waiting for this stick for a long time!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

Great, looks like everyone has accepted.  I (or Tim) will let you know when the cigar ships.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

According to Tim, these should go out on Monday.
Chief of Shaft

Longhorn

jharrisx5

Wow...that should be a freaking great stick to review!
Puff Puff Give....

1sgjeffward

Has anyone received anything yet?
Jeff

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

toby2

Quote1sgjeffward - 4/7/2013  1:05 AM  Has anyone received anything yet?

I haven't 

Brlesq

I talked with Nate on Friday about this, and he was checking with Tim.  I do know that Tim just got these in and put them up for sale this weekend, so maybe he had to wait for them to come in.

NO WAY are we making the April 10 deadline.  We need to receive it first, and give it at least a few days to rest.  ;-)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

1sgjeffward

QuoteBrlesq - 4/7/2013  5:02 PM

I talked with Nate on Friday about this, and he was checking with Tim.  I do know that Tim just got these in and put them up for sale this weekend, so maybe he had to wait for them to come in.

NO WAY are we making the April 10 deadline.  We need to receive it first, and give it at least a few days to rest.  ;-)

Sounds probable! The brother does have a business to run so you can't fault him for having to square the site away first. I was just making sure I didn't miss a box or something and with today being the 7th even if we DO get it tomorrow afternoon that gives us LESS than 48hrs from mailbox to review being due. Didn't want to sound like the ungrateful b@stard since you NEVER complain about a free smoke :biggrin:
Jeff

? André Gide

toby2

Quote1sgjeffward - 4/7/2013  8:08 PM  
QuoteBrlesq - 4/7/2013  5:02 PM  I talked with Nate on Friday about this, and he was checking with Tim.  I do know that Tim just got these in and put them up for sale this weekend, so maybe he had to wait for them to come in.  NO WAY are we making the April 10 deadline.  We need to receive it first, and give it at least a few days to rest.  ;-)
Sounds probable! The brother does have a business to run so you can't fault him for having to square the site away first. I was just making sure I didn't miss a box or something and with today being the 7th even if we DO get it tomorrow afternoon that gives us LESS than 48hrs from mailbox to review being due. Didn't want to sound like the ungrateful b@stard since you NEVER complain about a free smoke :biggrin:

funny. "Hurry up with those free smokes by God!"

yeah I just thought maybe I got it and smoked it or something. that flu wiped me out pretty good for a week.

toby2

I just got the stick. looks and smells great. thx Tim! i'm sure I will order a few of these.

1sgjeffward

Jeff

? André Gide

nwb

Good to hear these are arriving.

If we set the deadline for 13th/14th, will that give everyone time to get their review submitted?
Chief of Shaft

1sgjeffward

Quotenwb - 4/8/2013  5:24 PM

Good to hear these are arriving.

If we set the deadline for 13th/14th, will that give everyone time to get their review submitted?

I think the 14th is pretty reasonable. That way they can sit for a few days, smoke em and worse case that gives us the weekend to get the write up all done.
Jeff

? André Gide

toby2

Quote1sgjeffward - 4/8/2013  8:05 PM  
Quotenwb - 4/8/2013  5:24 PM  Good to hear these are arriving.  If we set the deadline for 13th/14th, will that give everyone time to get their review submitted?
I think the 14th is pretty reasonable. That way they can sit for a few days, smoke em and worse case that gives us the weekend to get the write up all done.

sounds good. can't wait to fire it up.

Longhorn

Quotetoby2 - 4/8/2013  8:38 PM

Quote1sgjeffward - 4/8/2013  8:05 PM  
Quotenwb - 4/8/2013  5:24 PM  Good to hear these are arriving.  If we set the deadline for 13th/14th, will that give everyone time to get their review submitted?

sounds good. can't wait to fire it up.

Mine arrived today too - Thanks, Tim!

I don't see any issue getting the review done by EOD Sunday the 14th.

Longhorn

Ready to submit my review - need a little direction on how to find the template.

toby2

I'm on an iPhone... but the link is in a few of the last review threads I think. 

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.