NW Geeks Herf III

Started by Shukpaw, 06/18/2013 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shukpaw

I know it has been mentioned a few times but I wanted to make sure eveyone knows you are all invited to the NW Geeks Herf III.  It will be held at my family's cabin, on the shores of the Puget Sound in Olympia, WA July 12-14th.  I have been very busy with many things and have not been on the site much, but this is happening.  You still have time to get a plane ticket or organize that carpool from Gerogia (input your state here).

The last two years have been some of the best times I have had in my life.  Smoke, eat, talk, repeat.  Simple formula, but it works.  We have gone to a Tacoma Rainiers game (Seattle Mariniers AAA team) the last 2 years and can go to another if we all decide we want to again this year.  Last year after the Rainiers game we also visited Smoky Joe's cigar lounge in Fife, WA.

Come for the day or the weekend.

I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Shukpaw

Metalhead.  I am in email jail.  I have too many messages in my inbox.  I got your message about inviting your friend to the herf.  I say the more the merrier.  I look forward to meeting him.

CrazyK

Wish I could make it, but I might be in Seattle at the end of August!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

alpal

Wow, this sounds like a blast! Wish it was closer to me! Lol
"You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happinesses." - Aldous Huxley

Shukpaw

QuoteCrazyK - 6/18/2013  3:16 PM

Wish I could make it, but I might be in Seattle at the end of August!

I hope I get a chance to see you then.

Shukpaw

I'm just back from 3 days down at the cabin making sure it's ready for the herf.  I cut out a lot of trees to improve the view from the deck where we smoke.  If you are attending, please let me know, and for which days.  I also need to know if we are planning on going to the Tacoma Rainiers baseball game on the 13th so I can make sure we get tickets.  Hope to see you all there.

metalhead y cigarguy

I replied to you PM and unfortunately my friend can't make it as other obligations came up. As for the game, I'm always down for a baseball game, followed by a trip to Smokey Joe's. I'll be there on Tuesday... get ready.  :biggrin:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

ghostlysmoker

I wish y'all the best time. Look forward to hearing some stories.
Kyle

MT21

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 6/29/2013  5:41 PM

I replied to you PM and unfortunately my friend can't make it as other obligations came up. As for the game, I'm always down for a baseball game, followed by a trip to Smokey Joe's. I'll be there on Tuesday... get ready.  :biggrin:

TUESDAY???!!!   HOLY MOLY!!!!   :-0  :-0  :-0  :-0
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteMT21 - 6/29/2013  8:30 PM

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 6/29/2013  5:41 PM

TUESDAY???!!!   HOLY MOLY!!!!   :-0  :-0  :-0  :-0

Is that too early? Okay Thursday it is! :smoker:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

DonM

Bryan, you wanting to get a head start?  Hope you all have fun!

"The Curmudgeon"

nwb

Chief of Shaft

sjn1117

man i wish washington was closer to texas! you guys have a blast
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

MT21

I took tomorrow off.  That pork shoulder will be in the smoker by 7 am. We're gonna eat good!
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

metalhead y cigarguy

Mark, what time is lunch?  I'm reading to eat now!  :biggrin:

MT21

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 7/11/2013  6:36 PM

I understand that you're hungry so I decided to smoke that pork shoulder overnight.  I'll get there as quick as I can Bryan.

Gurkha free zone.

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteMT21 - 7/11/2013  8:57 PM

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 7/11/2013  6:36 PM

I understand that you're hungry so I decided to smoke that pork shoulder overnight.  I'll get there as quick as I can Bryan.

Awesome... I'll skip breakfast.  :bigthumbs:

MT21

The Herf has begun...

Gurkha free zone.

MT21

Well everyone, once again we had a great time.  So much good food.  I'm gonna be eating celery all week to get my weight back down.  Cigars.  What can I say.  We certainly smoked our fill.  I used Neil's V cutter on all of my smokes this weekend and I'm sold on it.  Now I just gotta get a good one.  Bryan was on a mission to smoke as many cigars as is reasonably possible.  Michael with his 6'7" self and deep voice is always great company.  My friend Edgar was able to join us for the baseball game on Saturday night followed by a trip to Smokey Joes.  Neil is just an awesome host, and awesome BOTL, and just an awesome person.  Thank you Neil once again for your hospitality and opening up the cabin for the third consecutive herf.  The calendar had already been set for next year.  

Here's some pix.

Gurkha free zone.

metalhead y cigarguy

As Mark already stated we had a great time and it was nice to see everyone again. Also nice to hang out with Mark's friend Edgar who will hopefully join our site in the future as he is a nice guy. As usual everyone gifted one another some very nice cigars, and to help honor Neil's dad we all shared a My Father Limited Edition 2011 Toro which was an awesome cigar. Neil was a great host again, and Mark made some awesome pulled pork again. Michael made another appearance which was great and he was actually able to stay the entire weekend this time which was also great. Overall it was a great weekend. Below is my video of the weekend. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_M_0IV2JOY

sjn1117

great pics! looks like you guys had a blast!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

DonM

Nice pics!  I am glad you all had a nice tim

"The Curmudgeon"

lubrix

Looks like a great time by all!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

nwb

Looks like a blast.  Glad you guys were able to get together again. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

CrazyK

Looks like you guys had a great time! Good stuff!!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.