Old dog wants to try a new trick

Started by lukin, 07/06/2013 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukin

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Old dog wants to try a new trick'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

lukin

I updated the pass with the initial list of cigars.  I'm basically looking to get my feet wet because I have a somewhat complicated pass I really want to do, but I want to make sure this goes off smoothly first.  If you have any questions about it, let me know
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

lukin

We've got three participants so far, looking to fill it out with around 12-15.

sjn1117

i'll play if you'll let me, request sent
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

sjn1117

thanks for having me, great starter list!

Joelala

I will play too if you will accept
Joe

lukin

This pass is starting to fill, but we could still use about 5-6 more participants.  I don't plan to send it out until next week, so there is still time, but would love to see it fill by then.

MT21

I wasn't planning on being part of this pass but with touch screen technology, I unknowingly touched request to join.  I'm in.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

lukin

QuoteMT21 - 7/15/2013  7:06 AM

I wasn't planning on being part of this pass but with touch screen technology, I unknowingly touched request to join.  I'm in.

Well, I'm glad to have you!  We still need about 5 more people to join, hoping to send it out this week.

StogieDad

Thanks for having me!  Looking forward to it!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

lukin

QuoteStogieDad - 7/15/2013  10:58 AM

Thanks for having me!  Looking forward to it!

Glad to have you!

We still need about 5 more people before we begin  the pass.  It should be a lot of fun and I am hoping to get it out this week.

lukin

Bumpity bump bump

Looking to finish filling out the pass!  We need about five more people.  It's a pretty standard pass and would be good for a few noobs who are looking to get in on some pass action.  I don't send out invites, but as long as you're around, I will include you.

lukin

Still need a few more signups tell you friends so we can get this thing going!

c.petree.1

So what's the status of this? Are we waiting for more people still?

lukin

Quotec.petree.1 - 7/24/2013  5:03 PM

So what's the status of this? Are we waiting for more people still?

Yeah, I'm hoping a few more people sign up.  I wanted to get it out this week, but with only 8 it doesn't seem worth it.  Hopefully we can get a few more.  If we don't get a few more in the next few days, I might just do something different.  Really, I just wanted to get my feet wet here as I have a really cool idea for a pass, but want to get a little experience before running a complicated pass.

Kman

I'd love to give it a try but I'm not Veteran status yet. Not really sure how the levels are defined but if you're willing to accept someone with Member status, I'd be glad to join. I will be honest and say it would be my first pass ever, so if that scares you off as well, I more than understand.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Joelala

Joe

sjn1117

QuoteJoelala - 7/25/2013  11:35 PM  Send out any invites?

thats a good idea. Im pretty sure nirab would join and cigarstix might too

StogieDad

Looks like wrkjr is looking to get his feet wet in a pass, maybe invite him as well.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

MT21

Hey Joe. This pass doesn't have to be that big. As being the moderator, it will take a bit more time from you than you realize. Especially with schedules, delays, PMs, etc.  

And everyone please make sure to get a TRACKING #.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

lukin

We had a couple more people join.  I'm going to get the pass order finalized and get this out on Thursday.  If anyone has any special concerns or needs as far as pass order, let me know ASAP.  I'm going to put CrazyK last and make it a virtual pass, but other than that, I am open with the order if you know there might be a problem in the next couple of  weeks.  I'll keep it open for a couple more days though if anyone wants to join last minute though.

Joelala

Quotelukin - 7/28/2013  8:43 AM

We had a couple more people join.  I'm going to get the pass order finalized and get this out on Thursday.  If anyone has any special concerns or needs as far as pass order, let me know ASAP.  I'm going to put CrazyK last and make it a virtual pass, but other than that, I am open with the order if you know there might be a problem in the next couple of  weeks.  I'll keep it open for a couple more days though if anyone wants to join last minute though.

Exciting
Joe

StogieDad

according to when you start, I will be out of town the week of the 17th, so try and avoid me for that week.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Handlera

I'm looking forward to the pass!  Seems like an excellent list of cigars to start.

lukin

Ok I'm back from camping, the pass will go out today as soon as I've heard from Handlera that he's ready.  Take a look at the pass order and let me know ASAP if anything needs changing.  If you're a veteran administrator, I would also love a PM letting me know the best kind of stuff to put in besides cigars and humidification support.  I have an idea, but I don't want to forget anything.  I'll have a labeling system so we can tell what's what in terms of cigars, but if there's something else that's critical, I'd love a heads up.  I'm excited to get this out and hopefully it will all go smoothly.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.