A history lesson for the Noobs!

Started by gitfiddl, 07/08/2013 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

This contest will run through Friday, 07/12/13 (or until the criteria is met, if sooner):  For the first three "newbie" Geeks (meaning you have less than 1000 points) who have posted on the forum) that can name A: the mainstay of my wardrobe; B: My supposed favorite form of "adult entertainment"; and C: The name of our blind Lab-mix puppy, and D: have their full names and addresses (must be a US address) listed in their profiles.  The three winners get a fiver of well-aged decent cigars (although their pedigrees might vary).  Any takers? :biggrin:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Brlesq

Easy one!  I'm going to go and resign up as a Noob.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Ted

ThinBlueLine

Holster...playing the fiddle...C (get it?). The dogs name is a tough one for me although I don't know if I got any right
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

jdwaynes1980

A. Flowered Shirt

B. Midget Strippers

C. d'Art
Roll Tide!

kxthor911

Ok, whoever pms me the answer if I win ill split the pot with you :).
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Longhorn

Hey noobs, just search the forums - bread crumbs everywhere!  Dave, you're a riot!  :biggrin:

Mautrak

You guys are killin' me.  Two are easy and only one of 'em takes any digging.

cavenbk

A) Flowered Shirts
B) Midget Strippers
C) D'Art
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

1sgjeffward

QuoteBrlesq - 7/8/2013  4:44 PM

Easy one!  I'm going to go and resign up as a Noob.

:word:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

c.petree.1

I look forward to getting to know you but am much to lazy to look. I will guess...
Holster
Midgets
Sunny or Dart if he is right, lol ^^^

Ted

Considering he said the first three correct noobs, I'm guessing answers should have been sent via PM rather than posted for others to view!

:D

Bob Cordell

I consider my self a noob!

Did I win?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Mojo66

QuoteTed - 7/8/2013  8:46 PM  Considering he said the first three correct noobs, I'm guessing answers should have been sent via PM rather than posted for others to view!  :D  

Makes sense, but then it wouldn’t have been as funny.

I can’t play this game, I live just a tad too far north, but this contest sounds fun.

I must admit I learned about midget strippers today, we don't get them here. Another US only restricted pleasure I can't partake in I guess. :dancing:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

nwb

Chief of Shaft

Brlesq

QuoteBob Cordell - 7/8/2013  9:55 PM

I consider my self a boob!

Did I win?

Fixed that for 'ya!   :biggrin:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

alpal

I'm going to have to jump the bandwagon and agree with these:

A) Flowered Shirts
B) Midget Strippers
C) D'Art
"You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happinesses." - Aldous Huxley

CrazyK

CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

gitfiddl

I've got my winners, so this one's done. I'll post the names shortly...
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

gitfiddl

Okay, the correct answers were:

A) The mainstay of my wardrobe:  Hawaiian shirts (I accepted floral or flowered, but holster was a good guess  :shades: )

B) My supposed favorite form of "adult entertainment":  Midget strippers, although I'm still not sure how that rumor got started, but it's been going now for four years...

C) The name of our blind Lab-mix puppy:  d'Artagnan

And the winners are:  Ted (Ted), Brad (cavenbk), Jeff (jdwaynes1980), and Allan (alpal), and since I'm such a gregarious guy, I'm even gonna let Jeremy (Mautrak) slide in although he's just over the point cusp.  And I know I said just three winners, but I had two pairs of answers come in damn near simultaneously and I'd hate for someone to miss out just because their mommy still makes them use a dial-up modem.  Plus the real reason was to make some new friends and get rid of some cigars I probably wouldn't get around to smoking anytime soon.

And Sébastien and others outside the US, I apologize, but I didn't want to deal with international shipping.

I'll try to get the prizes put together and out by the end of the week.  Thanks for playing!

Ted

Awesome, thanks for the contest!

DonM

Now that was a quick contest!

"The Curmudgeon"

Joelala

Wow, I am not a news on the site anymore.
Joe

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.