College Football is Almost Here! SEASON COMPLETED!!!

Started by StogieDad, 07/17/2013 06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

If I am stepping on anyone's toes, please just let me know, I certainly do not mean to.

I was thinking on a College Football pick'em for this year, and wanted to see if anyone wanted to join.  I would set up a provate league on ESPN.  I was thinking a $10 entry fee, that we convert to a gift card at a suggested online cigar store.  Payout is 100% to the league winner after the completon of the regular season.  

To make it more interesting, I was thinking of a weekly prize.  I know it is a bit complex, so if you join it needs to be taken seriously.  I was thinking each week, the winner should recieve a 1 cigar prize mailed from each of the losers.  I know it is a bit of a pain to send something weekly, but think, if we get 20 or 30 guys to play seriously, if you win a weekly you get 20 or 30 good smokes from the guys, and you are in the running for a $200-300 gift card for smokes.

Anyone interested?
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

tvolball

I would play however I think the weekly stick could get a little pricey for the mailing cost by the end of the season.......

GO VOLS!!!!! Butch Jones is the new college football King
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

StogieDad

I did consider that, but i was willing to go a couple of bucks a week to play myself, wanted to feel our everyone elses thoughts.  I know what your saying though, its also hoping a lot that everyone would ship EVERY week to keep up.  But I know there are stand up guys on here.

That would be some AWESOME sampler weeks for the winner though.....
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

sjn1117

id like to play too but agree the weekly cigar could end up getting pricey by the end of the season.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

nirab

How about a once a month winner? And instead of a payment fee, have a first, second and third prize package. All the other geeks who lose, send out x amount of cigars to each winner? There is a similar setup in our NFL group on CG, and it works out great. Fine tune this thing, and I would love to be included if you will have me.

HOOK EM!!  :rocker:  :rocker:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

cibolodave

i would probably be interested in playing as well as long as i dont have to send cigars every week. monthly would work

nwb

What if you kept a tally of who won which week and send at the end of the season?
Chief of Shaft

tvolball

How about if everybody that plays just sends the winner a fiver at the end of the game plus the entry money gift card. If you had just 20 people play that's 100 cigars to the winner. That's alot to get all at once and for some it would mean having by a new humi to store the winnings

jdwaynes1980

How about you all just send your cigars to me because Bama is going back to back to back!
Roll Tide!

StogieDad

Quotejdwaynes1980 - 7/17/2013  1:22 PM

How about you all just send your cigars to me because Bama is going back to back to back!

You'll have to split with me! Roll Tide!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

What do ya'll think about monthly.  I like the idea of a few people getting the chance to win....
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

sjn1117

tvolball

Maybe in 3 years, but I would say 4 years for sure, Tennessee will have another SEC championship. That means the back to back crap goes down the tubes

Rbrushaber

Let me ask this are we going to focus on just a few top conferences or every NCAA game? Maybe some NCAA 2A as a tie breaker?
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

Rbrushaber

BTW my wife who is from lower Alabama likes Bama...me Go Blue!
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

StogieDad

QuoteRbrushaber - 7/17/2013  2:15 PM

Let me ask this are we going to focus on just a few top conferences or every NCAA game? Maybe some NCAA 2A as a tie breaker?

ESPN runs a pick'em of 10 games a week, they pick the games.  We just sign up and I will set up a private league, with a password for us.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

jdwaynes1980

Quotetvolball - 7/17/2013  2:13 PM

Maybe in 3 years, but I would say 4 years for sure, Tennessee will have another SEC championship. That means the back to back crap goes down the tubes

God I hope that wasn't a serious post.
Roll Tide!

nwb

I heard the same thing when Dooley started at TN. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

sjn1117

im still pullin for my boys in baton rouge! geaux tigers!

toby2

jumberlack1

I'd be game for this, even if my alma is exempt for a few years.
Making bad decisions a profession!

tvolball

Quotenwb - 7/17/2013  3:18 PM

I heard the same thing when Dooley started at TN. :biggrin:

I said the same thing when Dooley started.  
  :cry:
I was so disappointed. I really liked him but he wasn't a recruiter and I think that and his inability to lead did him in. High school coaches in Tennessee never received visits from Dooley at all. He always went outside the state and tried to get kids to come play for a beat up program that they wheren't fans of anyway. Butch seems to be doing pretty good but time will tell. I know the program is the most energized I've seen since the Payton days and good whispers are coming from K-town

jdwaynes1980

I'll be sure to fire up a premium cigar after winning on the 3rd Saturday of October this year :)
Roll Tide!

Rbrushaber

I would be interested, but with the monthly deal...

tvolball

Quotejdwaynes1980 - 7/17/2013  5:40 PM

I'll be sure to fire up a premium cigar after winning on the 3rd Saturday of October this year :)

All in due time my brother. Life's a big circle and we're on the bottom now. No where to go but up

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.