NCAA Tournament Pool

Started by tnt956, 03/12/2009 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnt956

Anyone interested in an NCAA Tournament pool? We can easily establish one on Yahoo!.

podman28

Depending on what you had in mind I could be persuaded to do one.

tnt956

Not sure, but I'm open to ideas. Could do it just for fun or everyone sends a cigar to the winner (yes, I STILL owe a cigar to Tex for FF).

Bob Cordell

How would we get our pics?

Random draw of some sort?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

stogie_foggie

I think yahoo and cbssports works on the point system - you pick your own and you get points for each correct pick, on the weighted scale.  The person with the most points is the winner!
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

mhuss

Quotetnt956 - 3/12/2009  3:30 PM
(yes, I STILL owe a cigar to Tex for FF).

At least I'm not the only one!  I still do too.  But he and I worked out a deal and mine will be going out this week...finally!

Oh, and about the NCAA pool, I'd be in.  Why not.  I like tournaments like this.  I was actually thinking about joining one on Yahoo.  But if we get one going, I'd rather do that instead of just joining in with the general public.  It sounds like fun.

tnt956

You just make your picks on Yahoo and they keep track of everything.

I set it up on Yahoo: http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
Group ID #61412
Password: geeks

Please note, your "bracket" is the name of your team. There is no minimum or maximum number of teams.

Everyone sends the winner a cigar? Are we good with that.

SenorPablo

Ok.  I'm in.  It looks like we can't make picks until Sunday.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

tnt956

You are correct. The brackets will be set Sunday and the picks need to be in by Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

lowpro75

OK, count me in.  I only hesitate because I don't have fantasy sports access at work but since it is a one and done deal I will do it.  Now I have to spend the weekend catching up on college hoops.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

texlewee

" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

tnt956

All set to make picks. Your picks must be set before the first game start on Thursday, March 19th. (Not sure what time the first game starts but usually around 11:00 am EST.)

qman22

just signed up, thanks for hosting Ted
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

mattmancool34

the emails from the random people are kinda annoying but o well not as annoying as the fact that i cant find my xicar cutter

tnt956

Keep in mind, that is from the Cigars Direct site (CBS Sportsline), not the Yahoo! pool I set up. I agree it is annoying so this is how to get rid of it.

Go to the Cigars Direct bracket.
Click "Options" then "Alerts."
Under "Notifications" change "send notifications" to "no."

That will get rid of the e-mails.

Also, there is a Cigar Geeks bracket on CBS Sportsline. This is from a year ago and is not what we are using this year. I set the pool up on Yahoo!

lowpro75

When do we need to sign up and pick by?  I'm in the cigar direct one but I didn't get around to the geeks one yet.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

tnt956

You have to sign up and make your picks prior to Thursday's games (around 11 am to noon). Info to sign up for the Yahoo group is a few posts above.

mattmancool34

thanks tnt for the info

markinde

If I had any clue what I was doing regarding the NCAA I would join.
"Women are most like fine cigars...The good ones leave you wanting to have another. But unfortunately most women get jealous when you have another right after them." - Mark L.
"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=markinde

SenorPablo

As usual i'm over-analyzing my picks.  Which is usually a sure fire way for me to lose.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

tnt956

I made my picks using gut instinct...probably won't do me any good.

Paul, can you get Friday off? I'm taking off to watch all day long.

lowpro75

I picked against my gut instinct.  Hopefully that will work. :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

SenorPablo

Quotetnt956 - 3/17/2009  8:41 PM

I made my picks using gut instinct...probably won't do me any good.

Paul, can you get Friday off? I'm taking off to watch all day long.

Doubtful, but i'll take a look at what i have going on.

junglepete

I signed up and now what. How do I make picks? Nevermind, I made the picks. I just don't understand why by my name it says incomplete?
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

tnt956

Did you click the "save" button within each bracket?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.