October's Geek Critique (First Two weeks)

Started by nwb, 09/17/2013 08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This cigar has been generously sponsored by Barry Stein of Miami Cigar Company and coordinated by Brad (Vroomp). Thank you both for your generosity!

The Chosen Cigar: KILO

The Chosen Reviewers:

KmanNoob
Mautrak
NES Tek
nwb
Rbrushaber

This cigar shall be reviewed no later than September 28th.

Thanks again to Barry and Brad!

Happy Smokin' gents!
Chief of Shaft

Vroomp

Thanks for the thread Nate! If you are online right now please check your PM's!

So far I have asked the following to help out in this RUSH Review:

nwb

Rbrushaber- I know he just did one but he got lucky and is doing another so tough shyte!!.....

Mautrak

KmanNoob

Nes Tek

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Mautrak

Rbrushaber

Thanks!!! Now to go buy me that mega millions ticket...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

Kman

Thanks a lot. I will try to do my best on the review. Talk about pressure!!!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Ken Kelley

QuoteKmanNoob - 9/17/2013  2:25 AM

No pressure...relax! Just smoke the cigar and write about what you experienced. Read through a few of the previous Geek Critiques to get a feel for the format then let us know what you think about the cigar in your own words.  Easy as pie! Nobody is grading you.  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Vroomp

Ok folks! We have 5 reviewers now and I will get these sticks out first thing in the morning at the down-town PO since they seem to travel faster from there and we have very little time.  Sorry to put everyone on the spot to do this review so quickly but the cigars have been in my humi since August 3rd and should be ready to smoke upon arrival. Nes Tek has sent me a PM saying he was willing to undertake this arduous task even though he didn't have time to post yet.

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

Mautrak

QuoteKen Kelley - 9/17/2013  12:08 PM
 Nobody is grading you.  :biggrin:

Nobody will 'grade' you.  But extensive and scathing criticism (all in love, I'm sure) will flow from the floodgates!

Vroomp

Rbrushaber- 9405 5036 9930 0063 3428 87

Mautrak - 9405 5036 9930 0063 3428 70

KmanNoob - 9405 5036 9930 0063 3429 17

Nes Tek -9405 5036 9930 0063 3429 00

Mautrak

Ready and waiting.  Since the review is due on somewhat of a rush basis, I assume the review link will be ready in the next few days?  Forgive me, it's been a few months since my last geek review.

Rbrushaber

QuoteKmanNoob - 9/17/2013  2:25 PM

Don't worry..remember we all have different tastes...to be honest last month I was worried I was being to generous and was going to be the odd man out (but still begging momma for a box of them for Christmas) then the others were right on with me...have fun with it I did and I love reading everyone's reviews...I also find who seems to like the stuff I do and that really helps when I am looking for something different
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

nwb

QuoteMautrak - 9/17/2013  6:45 PM

Ready and waiting.  Since the review is due on somewhat of a rush basis, I assume the review link will be ready in the next few days?  Forgive me, it's been a few months since my last geek review.

I just sent Paul a PM to give everyone access to the critique form.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Everyone should now have a link to the form:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques

Let me know if anyone has any issues.
Chief of Shaft

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Vroomp

Thanks to everyone for participating on such short notice. For the new reviewer/s, please read the etiquette remarks The Geek Critique Review Process  and familiarize your self with the template used for the review  click here to download a PDF form . The link to the actual template is here: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques  Please check to make sure you are listed here as a reviewer.

If you have trouble gaining access please PM an administrator for help. I hope you all enjoy the cigar donated by Barry Stein and have fun but, keep remarks brief and to the point please! Read a few of the past reviews if you need help with content. All cigars should be delivered by Monday.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques" target="_blank" href="http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques" />

Rbrushaber

Rbrushaber

Brad your package arrived today with the Kilo...big problem is that there were five hitchhikers that somehow got in the box as well  :biggrin:   Thanks!!

P.S. I will smoke this guy on Sunday so as to make sure I have a nice clean palate and will make sure I get the review in Sunday night!

nwb

Nice hitchhikers.  Hopefully, these will all arrive this weekend, which gives everyone a week to get their reviews submitted.  Sorry for the tight deadline!
Chief of Shaft

Rbrushaber

I guess you could really call it a bomb:)

Kman

I was definitely thinking of it as a bomb as well. Thing took out my whole mailbox :bigthumbs:
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Vroomp

Glad sticks are arriving on schedule as we had a tight deadline for this review! You guys enjoy the extras at your will! Just my way of saying thanks for helping out with this critique given the short notice......

Mautrak

Cigar arrived today, along with hitchhikers.  Thank you, Brad.  Much appreciated.

Review to be posted in moments . . . .

nwb

Met with Brad on Thursday, and he was kind enough to hand off the KILO with some extras.  Thanks Brad!
Chief of Shaft

NES Tek

Got my package Friday along with some awesome friends! Thanks Brad!!!

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Vroomp

I believe all cigars have been delivered and should be in good shape to smoke whenever so,,, please try to get these in as soon as possible folks! They still have to be reviewed by admin before posting! Happy Smoking! :smoker:

If you miss the deadline of September 28th you will be shamed beyond recovery and put on the top of my Shyt List! :biggrin:  

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.