January Member Sposored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 11/07/2013 07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has be generously sponsored by Ted (Ted) Thanks Ted!

The Cigar: Casa Fuente Corna Gorda

The Chosen Reviewers:

the burn ward
gpd4
kcthor911
lawdaddy
joelala

Before you accept this invitation please read the following article:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=42

If you accept this invitation please respond with your commitment here in this thread and then again when you receive the cigar.

The due date to have this cigar smoked and reviewed is January 10, 2014.

Thanks again to Ted for making this happen, and especially so with such a rare cigar!!...and HUGE ONE  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

LawDaddy

Ted

:bigthumbs:

I wanted to share the wealth with my newb brothers!  Michael took care of a newb pass, which is something I've been wanting to try for awhile.  I thought others from the pass who had not been scheduled for a critique in 2014 might be interested in something new as well.  If someone is not interested (no worries), please let me know ASAP and we'll ask another newb!

Obviously this is coming up QUICK, so I will ship sticks as soon as people commit.  I just picked them up Monday (currently storing in the box with boveda packs in my hotel at 67 degrees).  I want to get them out ASAP to give them plenty of time to acclimate in your humidors.

LawDaddy, I'll ship yours out when I get home on Monday.  Thanks for participating!!!

LawDaddy

Ntxsage

Awesome Ted! Great cigar selection and I like your thinking on choosing the reviewers. :biggrin:
Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

Joelala

WOW I am honored to be invited and woud love to participate.
Joe

The Burn Ward

Thank you for the invite. I'd be happy to participate.

kxthor911

Damn, really sucks that I'm gonna miss out on this one. Would like to have tried one of these. Maybe next time though. Yall enjoy.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

The Burn Ward

Quotekxthor911 - 11/8/2013  11:21 AM

Damn, really sucks that I'm gonna miss out on this one. Would like to have tried one of these. Maybe next time though. Yall enjoy.

Didn't you get one of these in the pass? Don't worry bro I'm gonna hook you up with the PIF.

kxthor911

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 11/8/2013  10:40 AM  
Quotekxthor911 - 11/8/2013  11:21 AM  Damn, really sucks that I'm gonna miss out on this one. Would like to have tried one of these. Maybe next time though. Yall enjoy.
Didn't you get one of these in the pass? Don't worry bro I'm gonna hook you up with the PIF.

Shhs, you were not supposed to tell them that  :biggrin: But its hard to smoke one and then not have another one laying around  :dancing:  

Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

The Burn Ward

Quotekxthor911 - 11/8/2013  12:01 PM

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 11/8/2013  10:40 AM  
Quotekxthor911 - 11/8/2013  11:21 AM  Damn, really sucks that I'm gonna miss out on this one. Would like to have tried one of these. Maybe next time though. Yall enjoy.

Shhs, you were not supposed to tell them that  :biggrin: But its hard to smoke one and then not have another one laying around  :dancing:  

I feel the same way. I always like the idea that I can get another. With that said, I know you'll have a hard time bringing flame to some of the cigars I'll send you.

Ted

Hahahaha

Hope everybody enjoys these. Still haven't tried one yet.  Really wishing I had bought more.

gpd4

My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

nwb

Great cigar - looking forward to the reviews!
Chief of Shaft

kxthor911

I'd be interested in doing this if you will have me.

Ted

In!  I'll ask Pete to update.

I will send out everybody's sticks Tuesday.

kxthor911

Thanks buddy, you will be in mine as well, although I'm not sure yet what the cigar will be. I'm going to have to smoke this early, since I might be working alot, but I will make sure I give it the time it deserves in the humi first. Thanks for giving us the chance to do this. Who backed out?

Ted

No worries.  johncw won't be able to make it.

Thanks for the offer of joining your CG, but I think I need to wait a little while.  Most of the newbs here are just new to the site.  I'm new to cigars as well, so have not yet gotten a refined palette.  I know what I like, but I would have no idea how to grade anything yet with limited experience.  For now, the 5 star review section is probably my limit!  :-)

Thanks though!

ThinBlueLine

Way to slither your way into that one Nick...enjoy!
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Ted

Sticks have shipped!  Please post when you receive them, or if they get lost on the way.
:-)

LawDaddy

kxthor911

the burn ward

gpd4

joelala

LawDaddy

kxthor911

Mine might get lost. You might should go ahead and double ship :)

Joelala

Received my stick with 4 extra on top!! Appreciate it and I look forward to my first critique
Joe

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

Ted

Great pic!!  Was going to try and take one this weekend, but that looks better than I would have done.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.